GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS/DUCKS TRADE PROPOSAL - Am I an arse?

+3
rooneypoo
Cronie
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

To Ottawa:

Todd Marchant (2.5, UFA after this season)
Mattieu Schneider (5.7, UFA after this season)

To Ducks:

Chris Neil (1.1, UFA after this season)
Philip Kuba (3.0, UFA after this season)

Am I? This is the question, because right now Murray seems to think we
need another puck moving D-man and I wouldn't hesitate for a second
gassing Kuba before he even plays one game with us.

Now, I don't want Marchant that badly, but you have to take salary on from Anaheim - lots of it.

That's 8 million, and they'd take back 4, so they're starting to manage their
cap down to respectability. They still need to move someone to being
Selanne in (depending on what he wants), but that's their problem.

What the Sens would get:

Marchant, who is McAmmond 2.0 and can still play the game (McAmmond would have to leave via trade or waive).

The king of the castle for powerplays Schneider, really the main piece of
the puzzle the Sens are missing (and a goalie of course).

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ah c'mon dude, you're not an ARSE!!

In fact, I would LOVE that trade if it could happen.

Training camp will determine a LOT in the coming days, and Murray and Hartsburg will know FOR sure who fits and who doesn't belong.

Honestly, I'd LOVE to see that trade go down, although I look forward to seeing Neil and Ruutu bang it up! Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Ah c'mon dude, you're not an ARSE!!

In fact, I would LOVE that trade if it could happen.

Training camp will determine a LOT in the coming days, and Murray and Hartsburg will know FOR sure who fits and who doesn't belong.

Honestly, I'd LOVE to see that trade go down, although I look forward to seeing Neil and Ruutu bang it up! Smile

Yeah, the downside to that trade is Neil. I want him under Hartsburg pretty badly - especially with Ruutu and Bass.

That's my hesitation, but I would still gladly do it to get Schneider and have a tradeable asset at the deadline in Marchant.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would there be a lineup for Marchant's services come the deadline though?

I'm on the fence in regards to that.
I could see us snagging Axellson at the deadline, but perhaps that's when Murray will dangle one of his 1st rounders and what THAT alone could fetch us would be interesting...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Would there be a lineup for Marchant's services come the deadline though?

I could see us snagging Axellson at the deadline, but perhaps that's when Murray will dangle one of his 1st rounders and what THAT alone could fetch us would be interesting...

I dunno, probably actually, he's a really good PKer and he used to have some net skills. He's as fast or faster than McAmmond - with a little more in his arsenal to offer.

I look at him like a less offensive version of Comrie.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Not bad... but I can't see the Ducks taking on all that salary in return. They need to clear out about $8 mil (Schneider and Marchant) just to have the money to sign Selanne for cheap and then squeeze in under the cap... they're going to be looking for prospects / picks in any trade scenario, not more salary.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I don't really like that trade to be honest. Maybe it's just that little piece inside of me that wants to see Burke have to buyout guys to get back under the cap, or get fleeced in trades. Or, maybe it's the little part in me that doesn't really give a rat's Donkey about Schneider or Marchant. To be honest, I don't think either brings anything we need to this team.
Sure, Schneider could help out our powerplay; but, his massive cap hit, age, and durability are just not worth it in my opinion. I mean, the guy hasn't played a full season in 22 years!!!

I just personally don't think he's worth trading tradeable assets for.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:I don't really like that trade to be honest. Maybe it's just that little piece inside of me that wants to see Burke have to buyout guys to get back under the cap, or get fleeced in trades.

Enough said.

Cronenbergfan wrote:Would there be a lineup for Marchant's services come the deadline though?

I could see us trying to get Axlesson out of Boston but they will probably be in the playoff hunt by then.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:
PKC wrote:I don't really like that trade to be honest. Maybe it's just that little piece inside of me that wants to see Burke have to buyout guys to get back under the cap, or get fleeced in trades.

Enough said.

That would be golden! tee hee hee...

EAT IT BURKE!!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:

I could see us trying to get Axlesson out of Boston but they will probably be in the playoff hunt by then.

True, but since Axlesson is a UFA in July, unless he signs an extension, I could see him being dangled by Ciarelli.

Just a thought.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

True, but since Axlesson is a UFA in July, unless he signs an extension, I could see him being dangled by Ciarelli.

Just a thought.
I would have taken Axelsson three years ago, but we have no need for him at this moment. Plus Winchester is our new top 6 forward.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:

I would have taken Axelsson three years ago, but we have no need for him at this moment. Plus Winchester is our new top 6 forward.

Finally, someone else is getting it!

We don't need to look to other people's cast off / expendable 3rd liners -- Axelsson, Jussi Jokinen, etc. -- to fill our top 6. We're got lots of young talent coming up the pipeline in the form of Foligno, Winchester, and Zubov, and I'd much rather we start out there rather than trade for some one else's leftovers / trash in knee-jerk fashion. If they don't work out, THEN we make a move, and for someone a little more impactful than one of these guys.

Meaning no offence to Boston, but they're not exactly an offensive powerhouse: their current top 6 includes Ryder (their *top* RW), Sturm (their *top* LW), and Kobasew; if Axelsson can't crack that line up, what makes you think he'd do any better in Ottawa? Jokinen, too, hasn't made much to the opportunies that he's been given, and, if he is indeed traded again, will have been a part of 3 teams in 6 months. These guys aren't the hidden gems that some people are making them out to be. Give out young guys some time, and some credit. They'll never amount to anything if we don't give them both the time and the opportunity to develop into something.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

my bad. I didn't want to see like I was writing off our new young guns, so to speak.

Judging from the takes of a few people at the rookie tourney, they are certainly proving to be good acquisitions and I am looking forward to what they can bring. And, afterall, if positions can be filled internally, that would be a no-brainer rather than scouring the market for someone who you could potentially end up overpaying for on a gamble.

The strange thing is, I keep hearing that Murray is working the phones furiously and the rumblings are that he is NOT quite finished... What he's trying to do or who he's after, but it's still going around that he's working away on something...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:my bad. I didn't want to see like I was writing off our new young guns, so to speak.

Judging from the takes of a few people at the rookie tourney, they are certainly proving to be good acquisitions and I am looking forward to what they can bring. And, afterall, if positions can be filled internally, that would be a no-brainer rather than scouring the market for someone who you could potentially end up overpaying for on a gamble.

The strange thing is, I keep hearing that Murray is working the phones furiously and the rumblings are that he is NOT quite finished... What he's trying to do or who he's after, but it's still going around that he's working away on something...

Yeah...I just don't buy that Murray's prepared to go into the season with this squad. I guess it's happening, but I wouldn't be surprised for a second to see an acquisition made on defense or to round out the top line.

There's no more letting the kids go at it, it's Diddle annoying is what it is. By the time these SOBs finally crack our lineup and make a name for themselves, they're Diddle out of here. There's no more 2nd contract, it's straight to 4 million +.

It's annoys the Dung out me. Foligno, Lee etc. etc. etc. are just waiting until they're up as RFAs to rocket up the 2.5-3.5 range - and that's if they both have average years. It's a hard pill to swallow. Farming guys certainly isn't what it used to be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum