GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS/DUCKS TRADE PROPOSAL - Am I an arse?

+3
rooneypoo
Cronie
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:

I would have taken Axelsson three years ago, but we have no need for him at this moment. Plus Winchester is our new top 6 forward.

Finally, someone else is getting it!

We don't need to look to other people's cast off / expendable 3rd liners -- Axelsson, Jussi Jokinen, etc. -- to fill our top 6. We're got lots of young talent coming up the pipeline in the form of Foligno, Winchester, and Zubov, and I'd much rather we start out there rather than trade for some one else's leftovers / trash in knee-jerk fashion. If they don't work out, THEN we make a move, and for someone a little more impactful than one of these guys.

Meaning no offence to Boston, but they're not exactly an offensive powerhouse: their current top 6 includes Ryder (their *top* RW), Sturm (their *top* LW), and Kobasew; if Axelsson can't crack that line up, what makes you think he'd do any better in Ottawa? Jokinen, too, hasn't made much to the opportunies that he's been given, and, if he is indeed traded again, will have been a part of 3 teams in 6 months. These guys aren't the hidden gems that some people are making them out to be. Give out young guys some time, and some credit. They'll never amount to anything if we don't give them both the time and the opportunity to develop into something.

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

my bad. I didn't want to see like I was writing off our new young guns, so to speak.

Judging from the takes of a few people at the rookie tourney, they are certainly proving to be good acquisitions and I am looking forward to what they can bring. And, afterall, if positions can be filled internally, that would be a no-brainer rather than scouring the market for someone who you could potentially end up overpaying for on a gamble.

The strange thing is, I keep hearing that Murray is working the phones furiously and the rumblings are that he is NOT quite finished... What he's trying to do or who he's after, but it's still going around that he's working away on something...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:my bad. I didn't want to see like I was writing off our new young guns, so to speak.

Judging from the takes of a few people at the rookie tourney, they are certainly proving to be good acquisitions and I am looking forward to what they can bring. And, afterall, if positions can be filled internally, that would be a no-brainer rather than scouring the market for someone who you could potentially end up overpaying for on a gamble.

The strange thing is, I keep hearing that Murray is working the phones furiously and the rumblings are that he is NOT quite finished... What he's trying to do or who he's after, but it's still going around that he's working away on something...

Yeah...I just don't buy that Murray's prepared to go into the season with this squad. I guess it's happening, but I wouldn't be surprised for a second to see an acquisition made on defense or to round out the top line.

There's no more letting the kids go at it, it's Diddle annoying is what it is. By the time these SOBs finally crack our lineup and make a name for themselves, they're Diddle out of here. There's no more 2nd contract, it's straight to 4 million +.

It's annoys the Dung out me. Foligno, Lee etc. etc. etc. are just waiting until they're up as RFAs to rocket up the 2.5-3.5 range - and that's if they both have average years. It's a hard pill to swallow. Farming guys certainly isn't what it used to be.

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

according to other crappier sites, Schneiders been placed on waivers...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum