GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bouwmeester Trade Proposal

+6
PKC
BigRig
shabbs
rooneypoo
mattshock
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 am

From a Florida perspective would you pull the trigger on this deal. Remember they are trying to keep costs down so we may need to take on a little salary.

TO OTTAWA:
Jay Bouwmeester

TO FLORIDA:
Antoine Vermette
Brian Lee
One of 2nd rounder or Chris Neil
SJ's 1st rounder (conditional on J-Bo resigning here).

That would leave us with 7 D on one-way contracts:

Bouwmeester - Kuba
Phillips - Volchenkov
Smith - Picard/Schubert

2Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a freakin' massive deal. I don't know how I feel about that one. Is Jay Bo worth a 1st, a 2nd, Lee and Vermette??

- Unknown Author

3Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:23 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I think that's overpaying on Ottawa's part.

The more I look into it, J-Bo is a pending UFA puckmoving defenseman, and I'm inclined to think his value is similar to Campbell's last year.

If Bernier and a 1st gets it done for SJ, this looks like an overpayment.

Granted, Bouw's value may be higher than Campbells, but a top prospect, a young NHL roster player with upside, either a 2nd or a second NHL roster player AND a 1st??

It seems like a lot. Take Lee out of that deal and it's looking more reasonable to me, but then again, who knows what can happen in a bidding war. I wouldn't open with that offer.

4Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:29 am

mattshock wrote:I think that's overpaying on Ottawa's part.

The more I look into it, J-Bo is a pending UFA puckmoving defenseman, and I'm inclined to think his value is similar to Campbell's last year.

If Bernier and a 1st gets it done for SJ, this looks like an overpayment.

Granted, Bouw's value may be higher than Campbells, but a top prospect, a young NHL roster player with upside, either a 2nd or a second NHL roster player AND a 1st??

It seems like a lot. Take Lee out of that deal and it's looking more reasonable to me, but then again, who knows what can happen in a bidding war. I wouldn't open with that offer.
How about replacing Lee with Picard ? I personnaly think Picard has more upside than Lee. I honestly don't see Brian Lee panning out to anything more than a 4th or 5th Dman.

5Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:32 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:From a Florida perspective would you pull the trigger on this deal. Remember they are trying to keep costs down so we may need to take on a little salary.

TO OTTAWA:
Jay Bouwmeester

TO FLORIDA:
Antoine Vermette
Brian Lee

Bouwmeester - Kuba
Phillips - Volchenkov
Smith - Picard/Schubert

Vermette + SJS's 1st + and a prospect should do it, especially if Martin is as high on Vermette as is rumoured. I don't really consider Lee to be a prospect anymore. If Lee were to be included, that 1st would have to become a 2nd.

Again, I look at the Campbell trade last year as the precedent-setter: one young roster player and one 1st rounder. J-Bo might command a little more, but not by much.

6Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:37 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If a trade with FLA did go through for J-Bo, what sort of "gut feeling" is out there that J-Bo will sign with Ottawa once he becomes a UFA?

7Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:56 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would think Murray would have to be pretty confident he'd sign here in order to make that deal.

- Unknown Author

8Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:58 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would think Murray would have to be pretty confident he'd sign here in order to make that deal.
I would hope so. J-Bo's UFA status does worry me a lot and he'll be commanding some big money on the free agent market. Murray's been burned like this before...

9Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:58 am

shabbs wrote:If a trade with FLA did go through for J-Bo, what sort of "gut feeling" is out there that J-Bo will sign with Ottawa once he becomes a UFA?
I would imagine the earlier a deal gets done, regardless of where he goes, the better chance he resigns.

So to answer you're question, I very strongly believe he would be resigned almost immediately.

10Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:07 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:From a Florida perspective would you pull the trigger on this deal. Remember they are trying to keep costs down so we may need to take on a little salary.

TO OTTAWA:
Jay Bouwmeester

TO FLORIDA:
Antoine Vermette
Brian Lee

Bouwmeester - Kuba
Phillips - Volchenkov
Smith - Picard/Schubert

Vermette + SJS's 1st + and a prospect should do it, especially if Martin is as high on Vermette as is rumoured. I don't really consider Lee to be a prospect anymore. If Lee were to be included, that 1st would have to become a 2nd.

Again, I look at the Campbell trade last year as the precedent-setter: one young roster player and one 1st rounder. J-Bo might command a little more, but not by much.

you would certainly need to include a good Dman in there. Bow plays 29 mins a game and that would need to be filled...if I'm Martin, I ask for this

Vermette
1st
Volchenkov

and if I'm Murray, I'd go back with

Vermette
1st
Schubert
and a prospect (Hennessey? Please? Anybody?)

11Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:32 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

You guys are out lunch if you think Martin is getting anymore than a roster player and a pick/prospect.

He has no position here to deal Bouwmeester. None. He either deals him, or the guy walks away to the highest bidder.

He's has no pull in this matter. Case closed.

Vermette and a 1st gets it done.

12Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:55 am

PKC wrote:You guys are out lunch if you think Martin is getting anymore than a roster player and a pick/prospect.

He has no position here to deal Bouwmeester. None. He either deals him, or the guy walks away to the highest bidder.

He's has no pull in this matter. Case closed.

Vermette and a 1st gets it done.
While it's true that he needs to deal him, it is also true that there will be a bidding war. Vermette and a 1st won't even get Martin on the phone.

13Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:01 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I think he'd be on the phone.

There is a very real chance that this guy is a rental. If he's dealt at the deadline, which is a very real possibility, how does an NHL player Martin is reportedly very high on, and a 1st in a deep draft, not enough to get him on the phone!?

This guy could walk for nothing. Vermette and a 1st is a very reasonable offer, even if it won't blow his socks off.

14Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:11 am

mattshock wrote:I think he'd be on the phone.

There is a very real chance that this guy is a rental. If he's dealt at the deadline, which is a very real possibility, how does an NHL player Martin is reportedly very high on, and a 1st in a deep draft, not enough to get him on the phone!?

This guy could walk for nothing. Vermette and a 1st is a very reasonable offer, even if it won't blow his socks off.
A 3rd line forward and a potential 1st round pick in the twenties, is not enough for young, first pair PMD. If I am Martin, I talk to Philly about Jeff Carter straight up for J-Bo.

15Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:16 am

RobbyJ wrote:
mattshock wrote:I think he'd be on the phone.

A 3rd line forward and a potential 1st round pick in the twenties, is not enough for young, first pair PMD. If I am Martin, I talk to Philly about Jeff Carter straight up for J-Bo.

Ottawa's pick could be alot higher than the twenties......

I'm just sayin' is all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum