GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bouwmeester Trade Proposal

+6
PKC
BigRig
shabbs
rooneypoo
mattshock
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:01 am

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

I think he'd be on the phone.

There is a very real chance that this guy is a rental. If he's dealt at the deadline, which is a very real possibility, how does an NHL player Martin is reportedly very high on, and a 1st in a deep draft, not enough to get him on the phone!?

This guy could walk for nothing. Vermette and a 1st is a very reasonable offer, even if it won't blow his socks off.

17Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:11 am

mattshock wrote:I think he'd be on the phone.

There is a very real chance that this guy is a rental. If he's dealt at the deadline, which is a very real possibility, how does an NHL player Martin is reportedly very high on, and a 1st in a deep draft, not enough to get him on the phone!?

This guy could walk for nothing. Vermette and a 1st is a very reasonable offer, even if it won't blow his socks off.
A 3rd line forward and a potential 1st round pick in the twenties, is not enough for young, first pair PMD. If I am Martin, I talk to Philly about Jeff Carter straight up for J-Bo.

18Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:16 am

RobbyJ wrote:

A 3rd line forward and a potential 1st round pick in the twenties, is not enough for young, first pair PMD. If I am Martin, I talk to Philly about Jeff Carter straight up for J-Bo.

Ottawa's pick could be alot higher than the twenties......

I'm just sayin' is all.

19Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:19 am

hemlock34 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

Ottawa's pick could be alot higher than the twenties......

I'm just sayin' is all.
I think we make the playoffs for sure if we get J-Bo which means 15 at best.

20Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:33 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Jeff Carter. Wasn't he rumoured to be coming here for Redden a while back?

**rage

21Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:From a Florida perspective would you pull the trigger on this deal. Remember they are trying to keep costs down so we may need to take on a little salary.

TO OTTAWA:
Jay Bouwmeester

TO FLORIDA:
Antoine Vermette
Brian Lee
One of 2nd rounder or Chris Neil
SJ's 1st rounder (conditional on J-Bo resigning here).

That would leave us with 7 D on one-way contracts:

Bouwmeester - Kuba
Phillips - Volchenkov
Smith - Picard/Schubert

Martin would have to send someone else back to Ottawa like Mathias and a late pick. Straight up that deal by itself is way overpayment.

22Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:35 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

HB was reporting Dubinski and Prucha for Bouwmeester. I would think that Lee and Vermette would be enough to get Bouw. With this deal in place (prior to executing) Murray gives up Phoenix 5th (McGrattan) for the right to negotiate with Bow. If he strikes a deal with Bouw, the Lee/Vermette deal gets done.

My 2cents

23Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:08 pm

The fact of the matter is this is the exact player that the Sens need. A young D man, with more potential than 99% of the D in this league, has 6 1/2 years NHL expierence who can be part of this team for a long long time.

Ottawa is in desperate need for a PMD and they may be able to get the best one available. If you have to over pay to get this guy, then oh well, there wont be a better D man to fill the position available for a long, long time. Any D that is worth going after is signed long term or is a vet that probably wont leave their current team.

24Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't believe we can renegotiate his contract (extension) until January 1st. This is going to be a tough deal for Florida to broker before then IMO.

25Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:35 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Whether you're dealing for the future or a rental is a HUGE difference. We would need to lock this guy up or we'd lose any deal.

26Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:47 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I don't believe we can renegotiate his contract (extension) until January 1st. This is going to be a tough deal for Florida to broker before then IMO.

If this is the case, how come the sens were able to get an extension done for Alfie last week ?

27Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Im not expert, but if that's the case, the difference might be because Bouwmeester was just extended, whereas Alfredsson hadn't been. So technically if that happened, Bouwmeester would have signed two contracts within less than one year.

28Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:16 pm

DashRiprock wrote:Im not expert, but if that's the case, the difference might be because Bouwmeester was just extended, whereas Alfredsson hadn't been. So technically if that happened, Bouwmeester would have signed two contracts within less than one year.
Exactly. Players on one year deals must wait until Jan 1 to renegotiate.

29Bouwmeester Trade Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bouwmeester Trade Proposal Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:
504Heater wrote:I don't believe we can renegotiate his contract (extension) until January 1st. This is going to be a tough deal for Florida to broker before then IMO.

If this is the case, how come the sens were able to get an extension done for Alfie last week ?

Intricate buyout of his option years (which we paid 2.1 million to buy), loophole in the CBA after the buyout that allows for an extension. I wondered the same. :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum