GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this?

+13
wprager
SensFan71
strachattack
BigRig
LeCaptain
Phoenix30
caissie_1
jawal
PKC
asq2
beedub
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Would you do the proposed Ottawa/LA trade?

Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Vote_lcap266%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Vote_rcap2 66% [ 21 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Vote_lcap213%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Vote_lcap213%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Vote_lcap28%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Vote_rcap2 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

1Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Empty Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I put this on the big thread, but I'll ask here as well. What's your opinion on this:

To Ottawa
Moller
Hickey or Teubert
5th overall

To LA
Dany Heatley

Would you do it?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would delete Hickey/Teubert and insert Frolov.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I voted sure, but because of teh 5th overall pick. But like has been suggested by SSF, I would substitute Frolov for Hickey/Teubert.

Frolov and 1st rounder for Heatley

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I would delete Hickey/Teubert and insert Frolov.

Okay.

I'm surprised, I'll be honest. Frolov has one year left on his deal, Hickey is an up and coming stud IMO.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/thomas_hickey

I think LA lets that substitution happen with no problems.

So Moller, Frolov and the 5th overall? Not too shabby either, not my personal preference, but not too shabby.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah.

But I also like the idea of a deal based around Heatley for Bouchard and Burns.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Yeah.

Oh God yes. Burns is top priority.

But failing that...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:Yeah.

Oh God yes. Burns is top priority.

But failing that...

Either would be fine. I'm not sure we'll get either offered to us, but either would be fine.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Okay.

I'm surprised, I'll be honest. Frolov has one year left on his deal, Hickey is an up and coming stud IMO.

So Moller, Frolov and the 5th overall? Not too shabby either, not my personal preference, but not too shabby.

I think I'd probably go with Teubert, Frolov and the 5th overall to be honest.

1. We have two up and coming offensive defensemen who project in to the top 4, finding a defensive complement for them might be more prudent.
2. The 5th and 9th overall picks fall into a bevvy of forward selections. ie. it will be tough to draft a defenseman in those slots without feeling like we missed out on the better player.
3. Teubert offers a replacement for Phillips/Volchenkov down the road.

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:

Okay.

I would agree to the trade Teubert, Moller and the 5th. LA has lots of D and needs offence. I doubt that LA would agree to sending back Frolov.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I would liek the Teubert, Moller and 5th pick.... That would be down rigth great for us.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I think I'd probably go with Teubert, Frolov and the 5th overall to be honest.

1. We have two up and coming offensive defensemen who project in to the top 4, finding a defensive complement for them might be more prudent.
2. The 5th and 9th overall picks fall into a bevvy of forward selections. ie. it will be tough to draft a defenseman in those slots without feeling like we missed out on the better player.

Let's do it.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:I think I'd probably go with Teubert, Frolov and the 5th overall to be honest.

Let's do it.

I don't see how either team can complain that they lost out in this deal.

LA has a wealth of defensive prospects, Frolov is replaceable by Heatley, they get to keep Moller, and they pay for it by giving up the 5th overall.

We lose a massive piece of offense. And I mean massive. But we get a nice selection of prospects.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it's pretty important to ensure that we get at least one forward back that can step in immediately to fill out our roster. If LA wants to send salary back, I suppose it's conceivable they would send Hickey or Teubert AND Frolov. I'm thinking we could kiss the 5th overall pick goodbye in that instance.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's pretty important to ensure that we get at least one forward back that can step in immediately to fill out our roster. If LA wants to send salary back, I suppose it's conceivable they would send Hickey or Teubert AND Frolov. I'm thinking we could kiss the 5th overall pick goodbye in that instance.

Not in my opinion.

A lot of people forget that the going rate for players of Heatley's calibre is top prospect, replacement roster player, and, generally, two first round picks.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's pretty important to ensure that we get at least one forward back that can step in immediately to fill out our roster. If LA wants to send salary back, I suppose it's conceivable they would send Hickey or Teubert AND Frolov. I'm thinking we could kiss the 5th overall pick goodbye in that instance.

No, you kiss Moller goodbye - and that's a travesty for Frolov IMO.

EDIT:
I promise you on July 1, we'll sign someone cool. Or we take someone's excess salary forward.

EDIT 2:
And if for some ungodly reason, we can't - the let the kids play! We're not winning the Cup next year anyway - but this kind of deal makes us look good in 2 or 3 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum