GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this?

+13
wprager
SensFan71
strachattack
BigRig
LeCaptain
Phoenix30
caissie_1
jawal
PKC
asq2
beedub
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Would you do the proposed Ottawa/LA trade?

Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 2 Vote_lcap266%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 66% [ 21 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it's pretty important to ensure that we get at least one forward back that can step in immediately to fill out our roster. If LA wants to send salary back, I suppose it's conceivable they would send Hickey or Teubert AND Frolov. I'm thinking we could kiss the 5th overall pick goodbye in that instance.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's pretty important to ensure that we get at least one forward back that can step in immediately to fill out our roster. If LA wants to send salary back, I suppose it's conceivable they would send Hickey or Teubert AND Frolov. I'm thinking we could kiss the 5th overall pick goodbye in that instance.

Not in my opinion.

A lot of people forget that the going rate for players of Heatley's calibre is top prospect, replacement roster player, and, generally, two first round picks.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's pretty important to ensure that we get at least one forward back that can step in immediately to fill out our roster. If LA wants to send salary back, I suppose it's conceivable they would send Hickey or Teubert AND Frolov. I'm thinking we could kiss the 5th overall pick goodbye in that instance.

No, you kiss Moller goodbye - and that's a travesty for Frolov IMO.

EDIT:
I promise you on July 1, we'll sign someone cool. Or we take someone's excess salary forward.

EDIT 2:
And if for some ungodly reason, we can't - the let the kids play! We're not winning the Cup next year anyway - but this kind of deal makes us look good in 2 or 3 years.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

No, you kiss Moller goodbye - and that's a travesty for Frolov IMO.

EDIT:
I promise you on July 1, we'll sign someone cool. Or we take someone's excess salary forward.

EDIT 2:
And if for some ungodly reason, we can't - the let the kids play! We're not winning the Cup next year anyway - but this kind of deal makes us look good in 2 or 3 years.

Oh, I'd love to be an Oscar Moller weiner
Dee-dee, doo-doo, doo-doo, dee-dee...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Oh, I'd love to be an Oscar Moller weiner
Dee-dee, doo-doo, doo-doo, dee-dee...

:^^^^: I think that everytime I see his name. Dee-dee, doo-doo...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also included in the trade is me giving Heatley a shot in the heart. :fighting:

I'd rather have Moller than Frolov. I'd even be good with:

Moller - Hickey/Teubert - 5th overall

for

Heatley - Lee.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:I'd rather have Moller than Frolov. I'd even be good with:

Moller - Hickey/Teubert - 5th overall

for

Heatley - Lee.

We don't need to add Lee to that, but I know what you mean.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I went with Teubert, Moller, and the 5th. If there was a way to get Frolov as well by adding a small piece I'd be all for it.

I would want Frolov back as an immediate replacement, but really no other piece LA has to offer (other than Doughty) takes precidence over Moller and that 1st.

If its between losing one of those two pieces or taking a little less as the trade rounds out, then you take a little less and secure those two pieces.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:I went with Teubert, Moller, and the 5th. If there was a way to get Frolov as well by adding a small piece I'd be all for it.

Would you add the 39th overall for Frolov (our 2nd round pick?).

I wouldn't. I'll get a UFA like Steve Sullivan and I'll pay him his 4.5 million X 3 years instead.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:I would want Frolov back as an immediate replacement, but really no other piece LA has to offer (other than Doughty) takes precidence over Moller and that 1st.

If its between losing one of those two pieces or taking a little less as the trade rounds out, then you take a little less and secure those two pieces.

I guarantee this is the sticking point to the transaction, Lombardi wants to give Frolov and Murray wants Teubert/Hickey.

SpezDispenser wrote:
cas wrote:I would want Frolov back as an immediate replacement, but really no other piece LA has to offer (other than Doughty) takes precidence over Moller and that 1st.

I guarantee this is the sticking point to the transaction, Lombardi wants to give Frolov and Murray wants Teubert/Hickey.

pfft. If thats all it is, then give us Frolov, Moller, 5th, a 2nd and a 4th and they can have Heatley and Lee.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:
pfft. If thats all it is, then give us Frolov, Moller, 5th, a 2nd and a 4th and they can have Heatley and Lee.

Resounding no from LA.

ok cut the 2nd and 4th and make it a 3rd.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:ok cut the 2nd and 4th and make it a 3rd.

You want Frolov that badly that you'd give up Teubert or Hickey to acquire him?

Maybe I should have worded that better in the first place. Is he worth that much to you?

No, Moller is. and you're not getting Moller and one of those two plus the 5th.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:No, Moller is. and you're not getting Moller and one of those two plus the 5th.

You could get Moller, Teubert (perhaps not Hickey) and the 5th for Heatley. I have no doubts about that.

You can only horde picks and prospects for so long before they need playing time. This is that time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum