GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this?

+13
wprager
SensFan71
strachattack
BigRig
LeCaptain
Phoenix30
caissie_1
jawal
PKC
asq2
beedub
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Would you do the proposed Ottawa/LA trade?

Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Vote_lcap266%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 66% [ 21 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Vote_lcap213%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Vote_lcap213%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Vote_lcap28%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

HowieMorenz wrote:here are some 1 for 1 forward names, one from each team:

Anaheim - Getzlaf
Atlanta - Little
Boston - Bergeron
Buffalo - Vanek
Calagary - Iginla
Carolina - Staal
Chicago - Kane
Colorado - Hedjuk
Columbus - Brassard
Dallas - Morrow
Detroit - Datsuk
Edmonton - Hemsky
Florida - Horton
LA - Kopitar
Minne - Gaborik
Montreal - Higgins
Nash - Legwand
Isls - Bailey
Rangers - Dubinski
Philli - Carter
Phoenix - Handzal
Pitts - Malkin
SJ - Thornton
STL - Backes
Tampa - St louis
Toronto - Kulemin
Vancouver -Burrows

Out of all these players, and more that would slide in, could we not swing heatley in there.

Mathematically heatley makes more than these players, so it shouldn't be a problem right?

Something doesn't equate .......

So many of those players are either miles behind Heatley or better than he is.

A 1 for 1 is not happening. We need an elite piece, yes, but if the failings with the CASH line of the past couple of years has taught us anything, it's that depth is key.

asq2 wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:here are some 1 for 1 forward names, one from each team:

Anaheim - Getzlaf
Atlanta - Little
Boston - Bergeron
Buffalo - Vanek
Calagary - Iginla
Carolina - Staal
Chicago - Kane
Colorado - Hedjuk
Columbus - Brassard
Dallas - Morrow
Detroit - Datsuk
Edmonton - Hemsky
Florida - Horton
LA - Kopitar
Minne - Gaborik
Montreal - Higgins
Nash - Legwand
Isls - Bailey
Rangers - Dubinski
Philli - Carter
Phoenix - Handzal
Pitts - Malkin
SJ - Thornton
STL - Backes
Tampa - St louis
Toronto - Kulemin
Vancouver -Burrows

Out of all these players, and more that would slide in, could we not swing heatley in there.

Mathematically heatley makes more than these players, so it shouldn't be a problem right?

Something doesn't equate .......

So many of those players are either miles behind Heatley or better than he is.

A 1 for 1 is not happening. We need an elite piece, yes, but if the failings with the CASH line of the past couple of years has taught us anything, it's that depth is key.

Well they'res an old saying, the team who ends up with the bigger player always gets the better deal, and that would be heatley for the other team ....

153Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:06 pm

HowieMorenz wrote:
Well they'res an old saying, the team who ends up with the bigger player always gets the better deal, and that would be heatley for the other team ....

So Philadelphia won the Lindros trade?

And to a lesser degree, SJ won the Thornton trade?

154Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:30 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

HowieMorenz wrote:Well they'res an old saying, the team who ends up with the bigger player always gets the better deal, and that would be heatley for the other team ....

So if Ottawa were to trade Spezza, Alfredsson and Karlsson for Iginla, would they get the better deal? I don't think so. Iginla's the best player, but the value from Ottawa's side is certainly higher.

Last edited by asq2 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

155Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:48 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Okay I'm starting to get sick of trade rumours. Just give me Brent Burns and that 1st rounder for Heatley and whoever they want from Lee/Picard/Zubov bla bla bla.

156Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:19 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:Well they'res an old saying, the team who ends up with the bigger player always gets the better deal, and that would be heatley for the other team ....

So if Ottawa were to trade its entire team, all prospects and all future picks for Jarome Iginla, they would have won the deal?

We're talking Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson, Foligno, Karlsson, Volchenkov, the 9th over-all pick, Leclaire, etc. etc. etc.

For Iginla.

Ignoring the inevitable comments about the cap, who wins this deal?

You know he meant in an actual hockey trade, not this ridiculous attempt at being clever asq2.

157Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:25 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
asq2 wrote:

So if Ottawa were to trade its entire team, all prospects and all future picks for Jarome Iginla, they would have won the deal?

We're talking Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson, Foligno, Karlsson, Volchenkov, the 9th over-all pick, Leclaire, etc. etc. etc.

For Iginla.

You know he meant in an actual hockey trade, not this ridiculous attempt at being clever asq2.

Yeah, but I just don't agree. This was my attempt, however absurd, at an illustration of why. Shrug

Obviously, it doesn't work the other way either. You can't put 5 players together and necessarily justify their value being higher than Ovechkin's because their point totals were more than Ovechkin's.

I don't think you can so easily judge a winner of a trade. And, I'll repeat that our eperiences with Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson and then nothing else should be a warning sign that depth is important. Make sure that at least one part of the package for him is elite/has the potential to be elite, but keep in mind lines other than just line 1.

I can see now that I came off a bit of a jerk in that post, though. tongue

158Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:38 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
PKC wrote:
asq2 wrote:

For Iginla.

Yeah, but I just don't agree. This was my attempt, however absurd, at an illustration of why. Shrug

Obviously, it doesn't work the other way either. You put 5 players together and necessarily justify their value being higher than Ovechkin's because their point totals were more than Ovechkin's.

I don't think you can so easily judge a winner of a trade. And, I'll repeat that our eperiences with Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson and then nothing else should be a warning sign that depth is important. Make sure that at least one part of the package for him is elite/has the potential to be elite, but keep in mind lines other than just line 1.

I can see now that I came off a bit of a jerk in that post, though. tongue

I agree with the point you're trying to make. And furthermore, I believe you can't really say a team ever wins a trade because the purpose of the trade is to fulfill the independent and unique needs of the two trading teams. Depending on how the traded assets perform, it's safe to say that both teams might consider themselves winners.

For instance:

Dany Heatley is a known quantity in terms of his on-ice production. But a team might also trade for him with considerations for his marketability, merchandising opportunity, star power, all-star appearance(s) which raises the profile of the franchise, etc...

Whereas the Ottawa Senators might receive a package of players that might help us win a Stanley Cup by either providing either now or in the future a player with Dany Heatley's on-ice production or a group of players that contribute all in their unique ways to obtain a Stanley Cup.

I think the point Howie was trying to make was that when you trade for a group of players with the potential but not with the current same production or elite status, and that group of players doesn't produce one player with that production or status that you lose the trade...hence, the team trading for the best player always wins the trade. Essentially, known quantity vs. unknown quantity.

159Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Okay I'm starting to get sick of trade rumours. Just give me Brent Burns and that 1st rounder for Heatley and whoever they want from Lee/Picard/Zubov bla bla bla.

Yes please!

160Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:21 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Sorry guys, I've kinda skipped through the middle pages of this thread- but by FAR the best deal that could be done for us right now would be to trade Heatley for Teubert, Moller, and the 5th overall. In my opinion, this works great for both sides. If need be, we could throw in Schubert or Brian Lee as a sweetener for the deal.

Teubert is an absolute monster, and he's the big body we'll need to support Karlsson down the stretch. Those two are going to be our Pronger/Neidermayer combo. I can't say enough great things about this kid's potential.

Moller would be great to put with fellow swede Alfie on whatever role you choose to put him in (dependent on what other moves Murray makes to bring in top 6 talent). He's quick with good hands, and again comes with a rookie contract and loads of potential.

The 5th round pick would allow us to land a wide array of top talent, and imagine if MPS is available at that spot- Can you see an all swede line of Moller centering MPS and Alfie? I couldn't think of a better protege for the two young guns than Alfie.

Keep in mind, we've also essentially eliminated about 6.5 million in cap space to go out and bring in some talent.

On LA's side- They get a superstar they haven't seen since you-know-who. I'm sure Heatley would love to move to LA. I can't imagine the destruction to be caused with him getting passes from Kopitar on a nightly basis.. Not to mention they've hardly touched their lineup from last year, but added a monster goal scorer.

I think this works out best for both teams. I suppose you could swap Moller for Frolov, or Teubert for Hickey. But as mentioned before- I think Moller, Teubert and 5th would be an AMAZING deal at Ottawa's end.

161Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:24 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I like that one or Heatley/Lee/2nd rounder for Bouchard/Burns/first rounder (Josefson).

Or,

Heatley/Lee/1st rounder for Berglund/Pietrangelo/1st rounder? Shrug

Keep in mind MPS is probably not in the NHL next season. Not that that really matters.

At 5, though, I'm probably taking Schenn.

162Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Burns! I want Burns!

163Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:26 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Burns! I want Burns!

Don't we all.

Man, I hope we're not disappointed when this is finally over. :^^^^:

164Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It'll be a long summer of speculation if Heatley's not moved before the draft. The thing is it'll be of Sundin like proportions in terms of coverage. It will begin to get really annoying if it hasn't already started to.

- Unknown Author

165Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:31 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It'll be a long summer of speculation if Heatley's not moved before the draft. The thing is it'll be of Sundin like proportions in terms of coverage. It will begin to get really annoying if it hasn't already started to.

Yeah, I'm pretty sick of playing out all the different scenarios.

I think I'm going to try to leave this one be. Problem is, there's nothing else to talk about, and this is pretty huge as far as hockey stories go.

166Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:33 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It'll be a long summer of speculation if Heatley's not moved before the draft. The thing is it'll be of Sundin like proportions in terms of coverage. It will begin to get really annoying if it hasn't already started to.

Yeah no kidding, I think we're going to see a lot of movement after tonight. UFA deadline is like 2 weeks away as well .....

The senators front office is working double time right now no doubt .,...

167Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:34 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

HowieMorenz wrote:

Yeah no kidding, I think we're going to see a lot of movement after tonight. UFA deadline is like 2 weeks away as well .....

The senators front office is working double time right now no doubt .,...

Either that or they're intentionally keeping us in suspense. Ahhhhh! Wink

168Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:40 am

asq2 wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sick of playing out all the different scenarios.

I think I'm going to try to leave this one be. Problem is, there's nothing else to talk about, and this is pretty huge as far as hockey stories go.

So I'll pipe up.

For those that are season ticket holders they are holding a special season ticket holder only Prospects camp with a chance to skate with one of 4 players. I believe I grabbed one of the last slots to skate with karlsson, but there are others O'Brien, Bass Regin, Smith. THere is a scrimmage and some interactive games for the little ones.

I'm not sure I'll be able to go, it's July 4th so if I can't, I'll send the tickets into SpezzDispenser or one of the boys and they can figure out some way to get them to the person(s) who want to go.

I wish this sort of thing was available to the public, but I'm guessing because ticket sales are down this year (I wonder why) they are pulling out all the stops to try to get people to renew now.

So with that said, rather than talk about what if's with Heatley, (I've heard just about everything under the sun), why don't we talk about the great talent that Ottawa has in their system that they are not getting credit for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum