GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Karlsson close to signing as per the Sun (UPDATE: DONE DEAL!!)

+13
Phoenix30
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
strachattack
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cronie
PKC
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

that's a lot of D-men, some of them borderline 5/6th d-men, any way to package them up to get a bonafide # 1 or 2 d-man?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:What's the status of Jason Smith? I thought there were rumours of him retiring ?

It was mentioned the day after his injury that it was potentially career-ending. Not a peep has been heard since.

I dont think any team will be trading away a number 1 or 2 D man anytime soon. Maybe you can move Lee to move up in the draft or pick up an extra 2nd rounder, something like that. Otherwise he will be in Bingo all of next year if Karlsson makes the team (which he will).

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I dont think any team will be trading away a number 1 or 2 D man anytime soon. Maybe you can move Lee to move up in the draft or pick up an extra 2nd rounder, something like that. Otherwise he will be in Bingo all of next year if Karlsson makes the team (which he will).

if they were, it would require more than a couple of depth defensemen to get it done, they would want Foligno or Smith included. I am hoping that Murray doesn't concentrate on D-men unless he knows something about a player we don't, which is the consensus I feel from some of the members here that OLIVER EKMAN-LARSSON is a diamond in the rough or maybe just isn't getting the attention he deserves.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:But does Murray and Clouston feel the same way?

As it stands we have:

1.Kuba
2.Phillips
3.Volchenkov
4.Campoli
5.Picard
6.Jason Smith
7.Karlsson
8.Brian Lee

Holy Dung. What's gonna happen?

In this case I would say to (once Karlsson is ready to come up) trade 1 or 2 of those guys with the exception of the obvious...A-train, Phillips, Kuba and arguably, Campoli for a top 6 forward. We need to add someone to the wing for the top line, and moving 1 or 2 of those guys + a possible pick, could get us what we need.

SensFan71 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I dont think any team will be trading away a number 1 or 2 D man anytime soon. Maybe you can move Lee to move up in the draft or pick up an extra 2nd rounder, something like that. Otherwise he will be in Bingo all of next year if Karlsson makes the team (which he will).

if they were, it would require more than a couple of depth defensemen to get it done, they would want Foligno or Smith included. I am hoping that Murray doesn't concentrate on D-men unless he knows something about a player we don't, which is the consensus I feel from some of the members here that OLIVER EKMAN-LARSSON is a diamond in the rough or maybe just isn't getting the attention he deserves.

I think Murray knows exactly who is going to be on the blueline next year, and CLouston is not a fan of Brian Lee. IMHO next year the blueline will look like this

Kuba/UFA
A Trian/Phillips
Karlsson/Picard
Bell or Smith if he stays on.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Neely4Life wrote:Yup, I dont think having Lee down in Bingo is a problem at all. Two way contract, he's off the cap. IMO out of sight, out of mind.

There is no rush to get rid of the guy so let him help with a Bingo team that could use some depth.

I agree with this as well. I will say though, that it's kind of hard to send someone down to Bingo who has had a full year of NHL hockey. It feels like we're taking a step back with him, even though the step back is absolutely needed in this case. Tough one for sure.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens sign Karlsson:

http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=421817

Wicked.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, I knew I was forgetting a guy, but two? Incredible logjam in O-town.

1.Kuba (3 years, 3.7 per)
2.Phillips (2 years, 3.5 per)
3.Volchenkov (1 year, 2.5 per)
4.Campoli (1 year (then RFA), 633K per)
5.Picard (1 year (then RFA), 800K per)
6.Jason Smith (1 year, 2.6 per)
7.Karlsson (3 years, probably 1.3 per)
8.Brian Lee (1 year (then RFA), 1.3 per)
9.Brendan Bell (RFA, not yet signed)
10.Schubert (1 year, 880K)

Log - jam.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Probably the top reason for sending Lee down is to see how he responds. If he mopes around and does nothing down there, he's done here, if he steps it up and becomes a force, then perhaps we can get him in at some point soon.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:Wow, I knew I was forgetting a guy, but two? Incredible logjam in O-town.

Log - jam.

At this point in time I'm more fond of Bell than I am of Lee. I don't hate Lee or anything, I just think there's a lot of work to be done on his game. One could argue it's the same for Bell, but, he seems to have turned it around quicker than Lee.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I think Murray knows exactly who is going to be on the blueline next year, and CLouston is not a fan of Brian Lee. IMHO next year the blueline will look like this

Kuba/UFA
A Trian/Phillips
Karlsson/Picard

There is no way picard is going to get one of the 6 roster spots before campoli gets in there unless you think we are tradign campoli away

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Wow, I knew I was forgetting a guy, but two? Incredible logjam in O-town.

Log - jam.

Since it GMHockey.com I'll be GM here. What I personally would like to see happen is - Schubert gone, Smith gone, Bell bye bye, Picard is the depth 7th D man, Lee in Bingo ready for callup, Karlsson makes the team out of camp.

Edit: Also if the UFA D man is acquired then Picard goes to Bingo and Campoli goes to 7th.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu May 07, 2009 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Yup, I dont think having Lee down in Bingo is a problem at all. Two way contract, he's off the cap. IMO out of sight, out of mind.

There is no rush to get rid of the guy so let him help with a Bingo team that could use some depth.

I agree with this as well. I will say though, that it's kind of hard to send someone down to Bingo who has had a full year of NHL hockey. It feels like we're taking a step back with him, even though the step back is absolutely needed in this case. Tough one for sure.

I would counter with its even harder to send them down mid to late season after a bad stretch of game, but they did that as well. It would be a tough pill to swallow, but I dont see how it wont happen unless he is dealt.

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Kuba/UFA
A Trian/Phillips
Karlsson/Picard

There is no way picard is going to get one of the 6 roster spots before campoli gets in there unless you think we are tradign campoli away

Nope, you're right. Picard will prob be the 7th D man... man, unless Murray goes with the current lineup. Is Karlsson the D man he wanted to add via UFA? Maybe...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:There is no way picard is going to get one of the 6 roster spots before campoli gets in there unless you think we are tradign campoli away

100% agreed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Okay, let's take a quick look here:

Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Volchenkov
Campoli - Picard/Smith

extra Bell

Trade or send down: Lee and Schubert

And then choose one of Picard or Smith to keep. Sign Bell as the extra D-man.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:

Nope, you're right. Picard will prob be the 7th D man... man, unless Murray goes with the current lineup. Is Karlsson the D man he wanted to add via UFA? Maybe...

Well during Murray's press conference he said he wanted to add a D man and that Karlsson was NOT the answer.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum