GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 52 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I do think if we make a trade and acquire another mid 1st, I'd take Iginla at 7 if he's there. I think Yakemchuk might fall a bit and there will be some good dmen towards the end of the 1st. All this to say we better hit this draft

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Another Chychrun option is Ullmark. One for one

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Another Chychrun option is Ullmark. One for one

Ullmark isn’t my first choice.
I’d spend the bank to try and get saros with a new contract.
That said, because it’s not my first choice, it’s likely to be what happens.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m not sure Igilna is available at 7 at this point. Montreal has been drafting Dmen for a while, my guess is he doesn’t make it passed them.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I’m not sure Igilna is available at 7 at this point. Montreal has been drafting Dmen for a while, my guess is he doesn’t make it passed them.

Hard to project, he’s been rising a lot so wouldn’t be shocked if that was the case.

I guess Zayne Parekh is this years Zadina based on a ton of sens fans going Dung over him on Twitter

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I’m not sure Igilna is available at 7 at this point. Montreal has been drafting Dmen for a while, my guess is he doesn’t make it passed them.

Hard to project, he’s been rising a lot so wouldn’t be shocked if that was the case.

I guess Zayne Parekh is this years Zadina based on a ton of sens fans going Dung over him on Twitter
He has a lot of similarities to Karlsson which is probably why Sens fans are gravitating to him. I've watched a few memorial cup games (very small sample size) and he's not as bad defensively as I thought he'd be but I don't think he will ever be a great defender in the NHL.

I do think Iginla will be there at 7. I agree Montreal won't draft a dman, but I can't see them passing up on Lindstrom if he's there. And even Catton would be hard for them to pass up on. 

Listen - if we take any of Buuium, Parekh, Iginla, Silayev, or Dickinson I'll be happy. We just need to make sure we hit on the pick. Parekh is my least favourite of the players I just mentioned, but I wouldn't be upset if we went after an offense-first RHD. He's dynamic in that regard.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

He has a lot of similarities to Karlsson which is probably why Sens fans are gravitating to him. I've watched a few memorial cup games (very small sample size) and he's not as bad defensively as I thought he'd be but I don't think he will ever be a great defender in the NHL.

I do think Iginla will be there at 7. I agree Montreal won't draft a dman, but I can't see them passing up on Lindstrom if he's there. And even Catton would be hard for them to pass up on. 

Listen - if we take any of Buuium, Parekh, Iginla, Silayev, or Dickinson I'll be happy. We just need to make sure we hit on the pick. Parekh is my least favourite of the players I just mentioned, but I wouldn't be upset if we went after an offense-first RHD. He's dynamic in that regard.

He has a very odd skating style where he’s standing up most of the time with no knee bend, and Saginaw actually plays like they have a fourth forward on the ice, system wise, so his numbers are inflated. That style of his would not do well in the nhl imo. He looks more like a drysdale types. The scouts and management are smarter than me so if they take them I won’t complain.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd also be okay trading down to #9 with Calgary if they want Iginla. Wouldn't come cheap though. If they wanted to add chychrun to the mix too I'd be open to moving down a few spots and adding markstrom somehow

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m happy if most the alumni who were working with this team on the hockey side end up leaving. This franchise has been nothing but losers for their entire existence (in the playoffs) and we don’t need to bring them back just to appease the nostalgia crew.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I’m happy if most the alumni who were working with this team on the hockey side  end up leaving. This franchise has been nothing but losers for their entire existence (in the playoffs) and we don’t need to bring them back just to appease the nostalgia crew.

Losers why? Because we didn’t win a cup?

Look around the league. By that philosophy most alumni’s are losers.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I’m happy if most the alumni who were working with this team on the hockey side  end up leaving. This franchise has been nothing but losers for their entire existence (in the playoffs) and we don’t need to bring them back just to appease the nostalgia crew.

When the sens were the best team in the league or at the top, they barely ever won playoff series. This franchise had a history of losing and never finishing the job.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

When the sens were the best team in the league or at the top, they barely ever won playoff series. This franchise had a history of losing and never finishing the job.

Bad take, Ev. If anything these guys are hungrier and want to win. It's also a good thing for the players to be surrounded by guys who want to be in Ottawa

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Bad take, Ev. If anything these guys are hungrier and want to win. It's also a good thing for the players to be surrounded by guys who want to be in Ottawa

Clearly Wade redden doesn’t want to be in Ottawa given he lives out west .

I just hate the notion that we need to hirestaff who played here before

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Clearly Wade redden doesn’t want to be in Ottawa given he lives out west .

I just hate the notion  that we need to hirestaff who played here before

That’s on the GM tbh. Lamine couldn’t make a save in the playoffs.
We also ran into some serious teams. Ain’t no way we would beat the devils either.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There’s musings out there by Steve Simmons (take it for what it’s worth) that Ekblad could be had due to the panthers cap concerns.

That’s a player the sens would be smart to enquire about.
He’s have to come with an extension in place and he’d cost 8mill a season most likely but at 28, he fits into the age group we’d be looking for.
The price would be high, very high.

I don’t know that this would be a situation where we’d be able to use Chycrun.
But you package our 1st with Ridley Grieg and probably another piece.
Move Chychrun in another deal.

It’s just musing.

You definitely have to enquire with Florida and Vegas as to who is available for trade as both will have to make room and both have players with great playoff experience

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn’t trade our first for Elkblad. His offense is poor and he’s very injury prone.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ridly and our 2nd first gets a better return for us,  not an oft injured,  closee to end of career player.

I suspect Philly would be high on Greig. Same with Calgary. Both have players I'd prefer to go after

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Keep ridly, he’ll be the same as a Sam Bennett type in the playoffs

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 52 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum