GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 53 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn’t trade our first for Elkblad. His offense is poor and he’s very injury prone.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ridly and our 2nd first gets a better return for us,  not an oft injured,  closee to end of career player.

I suspect Philly would be high on Greig. Same with Calgary. Both have players I'd prefer to go after

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Keep ridly, he’ll be the same as a Sam Bennett type in the playoffs

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What would be the cost of trading for gibson?
Cons:
Oft injured, stats have been very questionable for the past 2 seasons.
That 6.5 mill contract is hard for a goalie that’s injured that often.

Pros:
Stats Probably a product of a terrible team.
2 years still under contract.
Cost to acquire probably greatly diminished due to the cons.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why on earth would Gibson chose to be traded to Ottawa? He's got a 10 team no-trade list and the Senators might be on it twice. Plus Anaheim needs to add $10M just to get to the cap floor.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Naw. I think it's Ullmark or Markstrom. And both would need to come with extensions, and both would need to take Forsberg. If Pinto isn't signed by the draft he may be the piece that gets moved. Both teams would love to add him. Greig may be another piece but I suspect we're keeping him.

Apparently Joseph is being shopped. Maybe we can move him and Boucher for someone like Laughton. Pretty much a wash points wise with Joseph last year, and salaries are close. Ottawa needs to address their center depth especially if there are issues signing Pinto, and I suspect the only franchise that values Boucher at this point is Philly.

I also really like the Ehlers for Chych rumors.

It's going to take some pretty big moves this summer for ottawa to take the next step. If we can find a way to add Laugton, Ehlers and Markstrom via trade, sign a RHD, and add another middle six forward (Toffoli?) I think it'll be enough for the Sens to make the playoffs. I'd love to take a run at Monahan too.

Tkachuk- Norris - Batherson
Ehlers - Stutzle - Toffoli
Greig - Laughton - Giroux
Line 4: Vet C, Halliday, Jarventie, Ostaphuk, Kelly, Kastelic

Sanderson-XXX
Chabot-Zub
Kleven-JBD

Markstrom
Korpisalo

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Another option in nets is Spencer Knight assuming he's recovered from his personal issues

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think there is no way Pinto gets moved. he just wants to be paid.
there's a lot of other players they'd move before him

it's funny because I just can't bring myself to pencil in Norris. seems like he can't stay healthy.
until I'm shown the contrary, his spot remain open.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I think there is no way Pinto gets moved. he just wants to be paid.
there's a lot of other players they'd move before him

it's funny because I just can't bring myself to pencil in Norris. seems like he can't stay healthy.
until I'm shown the contrary, his spot remain open.

Pencil in is exactly what you do with Norris since that means you can erase him lol

He’s basically guaranteed to be healthy for camp but yeah, let’s see after that

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pinto's only played 140 games over 4 seasons since signing with ottawa. He missed 77 games with a shoulder injury and 41 from a suspension. Hard to pay this guy what he's looking for based on a very small sample size.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not going to pretend to be a draft expert but it does seem that the Sens are interested in moving back. It looks to me like there isn't too much of a difference between picks 6 to 14.

I wonder if Philly would consider moving up (12 to 7). They have some interesting pieces and I know last year they had interest in Boucher.

Would you?

To Ottawa; 12th overall, Laughton, Bonk
To Philly: 7th overall, Boucher, Joseph

I think we can also get a mid 1st for Chychrun and there are a lot of teams in this range who probably want to add him (NYI, Vegas, Chicago, Washington, SJ, Minnesota)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not going to pretend to be a draft expert but it does seem that the Sens are interested in moving back. It looks to me like there isn't too much of a difference between picks 6 to 14.

I wonder if Philly would consider moving up (12 to 7). They have some interesting pieces and I know last year they had interest in Boucher.

Would you?

To Ottawa; 12th overall, Laughton, Bonk
To Philly: 7th overall, Boucher, Joseph

I think we can also get a mid 1st for Chychrun and there are a lot of teams in this range who probably want to add him (NYI, Vegas, Chicago, Washington, SJ, Minnesota)  

that's a consideration I would look into.
there's definitely the chance to pick a smilier talent between 7th and 12th. but I expect Philly to share the same view. I guess it depends on how is still available at 7. if igilna magically we're to fall to 7, that could be a scenario but I doubt that happens and I doubt the seas would pass on him.
a trade of that magnitude usually gets worked out way in advance. but those decisions to move up or down usually happen last minute.

I'm not sure why there are so many rumours circling that the org wants to trade Joesph though.
is it a sell high situation? he was quite effective last year and he's young. is it simply they feel he's paid too much for the spot they have penciled him in at the end of the day when they make all their moves?

I have a feeling teams trading for chychrun might be offering next years 1st. but I guess it depends on which team and where they are positioned. if it is a team close to the bubble or that was out in the first round, I have my doubts that they want to part with their first in a particularly decent draft in that range.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Iginla is still on the board at 7 they'll take him. But I suspect he won't be around that long.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think our pick is down to Iginla, Buuium and Dickinson. This whole need to draft a RHD is stupidity as they won't be NHL ready for year.

As for our pick, I hope it's Iginla. I suspect he will have the biggest impact on our team long term. Easier to add a middle-to-bottom pair LHD via trade or free agency. A top flight LW is different. But I won't be upset if it's Buoum or Dickinson though my preference is Dickinson

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would be happy to pick Iginla in addition to some of the other guys, but if he’s available to us, it would make total sense to try to swindle Calgary into swapping picks and getting Markstrom out of it

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I would be happy to pick Iginla in addition to some of the other guys, but if he’s available to us, it would make total sense to try to swindle Calgary into swapping picks and getting Markstrom out of it

I like the logic. Not a huge fan of markstrom. Much rather paying more and landing Saros (with an extension in place). But if we’re talking about swapping 1st that’s just a step back 2.
I’m not giving up the 7th overall for markstrom

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I would be happy to pick Iginla in addition to some of the other guys, but if he’s available to us, it would make total sense to try to swindle Calgary into swapping picks and getting Markstrom out of it

I like the logic. Not a huge fan of markstrom. Much rather paying more and landing Saros (with an extension in place). But if we’re talking about swapping 1st that’s just a step back 2.

It’s not giving up 7th, it would be a package involving their 1st and Markstrom. I’m not sure how you make it work, but I’d rather have Markstrom than anything we have. Even if it’s just for one year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It’s not giving up 7th, it would be a package involving their 1st and Markstrom. I’m not sure how you make it work, but I’d rather have Markstrom than anything we have. Even if it’s just for one year.

the rumoured price for maelstrom is insane and absolutely not worth it for just one year. there's better trades out there for younger guys. if maelstrom had a 3 year contract it be ok but some fool of a GM is gonna sign him till he's 40 and top dollar and get fired fo it in 2 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 53 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum