GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I liked what the sens did. I think everyone is a bit disappointed in the return for Chychrun mostly because we thought the return should have been someone like Jensen and a 1st or 2nd but it is what it is. We got our top 4 RHD that can stabilize a pairing.
I agree that we could probably still need another top 4 RHD, but maybe that’s a work in progress in acquiring during the year.

Love the Perron deal. He brings what we need and will make other teams be weary of more than Brady Tkachuk (which could help us with him take less penalties)

The sens aren’t done and I’m sure there’s a trade coming to make room for players

I’m not super excited with how much Amadio is making but if anything happens with Pinto, he’s our insurance chip with Grieg.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I still think Pinto should be traded. If he and his agent are this much of a problem after one hold-out and a 41 game suspension already, I don't see any way he'll re-sign after a bridge deal long-term. 

Winnipeg needs help at C, has the cap space, and has the assets needed to get a deal done. Give me Perfetti and McGroarty

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Adam Gaudette signed to a one year two-way deal. I wouldn’t be shocked if he made the team on the 4th line. Played under Green a couple seasons, led the AHL in goals last year and had over 70 points.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not sure why everyone is sleeping on Halliday. Has the size and skill to be a middle six forward. A year older than Greig, 3-4" taller,  and 30lbs heavier. Point a game player in college and led the B-Sens in scoring this playoff.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Perron-Halliday-Amadio
Joseph-Greig-Gregor

From this lineup, I do think Joseph is expendable though I do like him on the PK. The Gregor signing should help with our PK as well. I assume Perron also plays on the PK?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Friedman and Chris Johnson just said Joseph and a pick to st Louis for futures

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not sure why everyone is sleeping on Halliday. Has the size and skill to be a middle six forward. A year older than Greig, 3-4" taller,  and 30lbs heavier. Point a game player in college and led the B-Sens in scoring this playoff.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Perron-Halliday-Amadio
Joseph-Greig-Gregor

From this lineup, I do think Joseph is expendable though I do like him on the PK. The Gregor signing should help with our PK as well. I assume Perron also plays on the PK?

Cause he’s still raw and has barely played AHl. Not saying he couldn’t surprise but most likely will have a full year down there.

Not sure why people are putting Norris on wing. He’s never played wing

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He did play wing in the AHL. Logan Brown was his center. And it's to save his shoulder from faceoffs and the abuse in front of the net.

Joseph traded. Lots of cap space now.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Pinto now signed 2 years ago 3.75. leave a little room to maybe get another D

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So far Staios has done a pretty great job undoing Dorion's mistakes. Only real ones left at this point are Hamonic and MacEwen. I don't expect any action on either of them.

Just shy of $4M in cap space with a few roster spots still left to fill

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What's the scouting report on Boqvist? Would he do well as Klevens partner ?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So far Staios has done a pretty great job undoing Dorion's mistakes. Only real ones left at this point are Hamonic and MacEwen. I don't expect any action on either of them.

Just shy of $4M in cap space with a few roster spots still left to fill

MacEwen is fine since he’ll be in the ahl a lot

Hamonic I don’t expect them to move

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the rest of the money would be judicially spent between a bottom pairing Dman and crookshank.
I could see them wanting another vet instead of crookshank but I hope they focus on the RHD.
Not much left except for Shultz and shattenkirk. Not a big fan. Maybe there’s a trade to be had.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm getting behind Staios' moves this summer.

1. Brought in a legit 1a goalie and moved our terrible goalie
2. Moved a third pairing LHD on an expiring contract (and M-NTC) for a top-four RHD
3. Shed Joseph's salary and moved pieces that weren't going to move the needle (Brann, Kelly, Kastelic)
4. Added Perron who I've always liked, and Amadio who seems to be a bit of a swiss army knife
5. Is there another move coming?

Draft was a bit of an anomaly but I can convince myself that Yakemchuk was a good pick. Eliasson not so much.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Perron-Greig-Amadio
XXXX-XXXX-Gregor
Bubble: MacEwen, Halliday, Ostapchuk, Crookshank

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-XXXX
Bubble: JBD, Hamonic

Ullmark
Forsberg

I wonder if there is a move still left to be made. I think Greig is our last remaining trade chip I'd be willing to move along with some other prospects (Sokolov, Jarventie, Boucher). I wonder if there is a way to get Andersson out of Calgary.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm getting behind Staios' moves this summer.

2. Moved a third pairing LHD on an expiring contract (and M-NTC) for a top-four RHD
3. Shed Joseph's salary and moved pieces that weren't going to move the needle (Brann, Kelly, Kastelic)
4. Added Perron who I've always liked, and Amadio who seems to be a bit of a swiss army knife

Draft was a bit of an anomaly but I can convince myself that Yakemchuk was a good pick. Eliasson not so much.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Perron-Greig-Amadio
XXXX-XXXX-Gregor

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-XXXX

Ullmark
Forsberg

I wonder if there is a move still left to be made. I think Greig is our last remaining trade chip I'd be willing to move along with some other prospects (Sokolov, Jarventie, Boucher). I wonder if there is a way to get Andersson out of Calgary.

Are you calling chychrun a third pairing Dman?

I think you should take your rose coloured glasses off. We got a player we needed back but it’s not an even trade. We lost that one.

I think he’s done ok. Too early to judge him on it. See what happens with Ullmark.

The sokolov trade is meh to say the least. Got an AHLer back for what is probably an AHLer in sokolov.

I don’t see why we would trade Grieg. It’s exactly the type of player we should be keeping.

I agree that we likely need a trade for a third pairing Dman but not at the cost of Grieg.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If im the sens, im calling the preds, they’re over the cap and I could imagine they’d agree to move Fabbro. Maybe there’s a deal to be made for JBD and a pick or a prospect.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Perron-Greig-Amadio
XXXX-XXXX-Gregor

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-XXXX

Ullmark
Forsberg

I think you should take your rose coloured glasses off. We got a player we needed back but it’s not an even trade. We lost that one.

I think he’s done ok. Too early to judge him on it. See what happens with Ullmark.

The sokolov trade is meh to say the least. Got an AHLer back for what is probably an AHLer in sokolov.

I don’t see why we would trade Grieg. It’s exactly the type of player we should be keeping.

I agree that we likely need a trade for a third pairing Dman but not at the cost of Grieg.

I wouldn't trade Greog for a 3 RHD. I'd trade him for someone that pushes Zub or Jensen down the lineup.

And Chychrun is a third pairing dman on this team. He's not better than Chabot or Sanderson and it's clear he csnt play on his off side. That puts him as a 3 LHD with us. He's a second pair dman and most other teams and Jensen would be as well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Perron-Greig-Amadio
XXXX-XXXX-Gregor

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-XXXX

Ullmark
Forsberg

I wouldn't trade Greog for a 3 RHD. I'd trade him for someone that pushes Zub or Jensen down the lineup.

And Chychrun is a third pairing dman on this team. He's not better than Chabot or Sanderson and it's clear he csnt play on his off side. That puts him as a 3 LHD with us. He's a second pair dman and most other teams and Jensen would be as well.

I’d argue that chychrun might be better than Chabot. He played loose last year in order to push his points but his entire career he’s been responsible.
I don’t think k we saw the whole chychrun last year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Fair argument. Seems like a pretty selfish thing to do though. Reading between the lines on some of these reports, I don't think he ever fit in. Could be why he was always on the trade block in Arizona too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum