GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
sandysensfan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hobiesens
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Ev
SensHulk
tim1_2
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:If it got Ladd into a Sens uniform it would matter how Pavalec does in a back up role where he would be more than fine.  He's a capable goaltender on an awful team.  Too young to be given that job on that team.

Anderson would be the perfect guy to go there and give that kid a little time. I doubt they get Ladd out of WPG but I think they do a deal for The Buffer. We have D to spare, they probably don't want him back there and we don't NEED him on D. Would be a nice experiment w/Spezza and sending Greening the other way would take a bite out of that contract.

I'm not really a big fan of Byfuglien and the right player coming in is more important than just a good player. Ladd is the guy the Sens need.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:And according to Meatball Sub Lover, this is nothing new, something Euguene has always said.

Funny, I don't recall this kind of talk.

Actually he did. When they were a sub 500 team it made no sense to even talk about spending. Not with the pieces they already had.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:And according to Meatball Sub Lover, this is nothing new, something Euguene has always said.

Actually he did.  When they were a sub 500 team it made no sense to even talk about spending.  Not with the pieces they already had.  
You mean like two weeks ago when all the talk was about the internal cap and how we need to be patient? Heh. And this little string of games has changed the landscape?

It just made me laugh when BooBoo was "oh yeah, this is nothing new.... i've known this all along..."

He's the king of after the fact.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sens seem to be coming together... they have found a but of an identity and that's a fast, puck control team capable of playing responsible 2 way hockey. Goaltending is coming around as well.

They are missing a piece or two and that's what they are trying to add. Glencross would be a bronze medal type pick up but Ladd is the guy you want. Okposo is a dream at this point. Simmonds is probably not in the cards either. Wheeler is another guy who would be interesting but he makes a lot of cash for what he actually brings.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blue Jackets and TBay tied 2-2 late in the game...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blue Jackets up 3-2....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bah. Columbus wins 3-2.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you guys mentioned Pumpel. I have a feeling that's a guy they might want to hold on for a few more years. doesn't have incredible value right now but give him a couple of years to mature in the AHL ( a la redwings) and i could see him being able to come in one day and really help us.
It's a mix of trading some of our youth and keeping a few of them so they can become players for us one day. I think we'll get to a point were we get to leave our guys mature longer in the AHL.

that said hope they do make a move to push us over soon.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Actually he did.  When they were a sub 500 team it made no sense to even talk about spending.  Not with the pieces they already had.  
You mean like two weeks ago when all the talk was about the internal cap and how we need to be patient? Heh. And this little string of games has changed the landscape?

It just made me laugh when BooBoo was "oh yeah, this is nothing new.... i've known this all along..."

He's the king of after the fact.
i'm listening to the interview with melnyk right now, i don't know... he's still sounding cheap as Diddle. he's saying they have to be smarter then the other orgs in the league.... as opposed to being able to actually spend? i dunno he's saying he'll spend but there's a Dung load of IFs and BUTs in there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Bah. Columbus wins 3-2.

Unfortunate, for sure. But at least Carolina lost. Calgary shut them out 2-0.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ladd, Ott and Glencross. Those are three guys who fit the criteria of a little bit of grit and a little bit of offence. I doubt we get Ladd, but Ott or Glencross would both be intriguing pieces.

Moulson would be interesting if the price was right, Cammalerri will be too expensive.

Like that we're looking to add that veteran forward. It's one of the things we're missing for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Ladd, Ott and Glencross.  Those are three guys who fit the criteria of a little bit of grit and a little bit of offence.  I doubt we get Ladd, but Ott or Glencross would both be intriguing pieces.  

Moulson would be interesting if the price was right, Cammalerri will be too expensive.

Like that we're looking to add that veteran forward.  It's one of the things we're missing for sure.
I still don't like the idea of a rental and i'm not sure i'd want cammalerri here anymore. Moulson is an intriguing one but he'd have to come with a new contract, same for ott. Ladd for sure but I think we're dreaming there. no way is winni parting with him. Glencross was interesting but he's been on injured reserve for more then half the season and i don't know how well he'd perform when he comes back

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

honestly a player i could see the sens targeting if he can come with an extension or in the summertime is Vanek. that's of course if he doesn't go to Minnesota but it's someone they will probably make an offer to.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

part of me would also like to maybe give iginla a 2 year contract. there's a guy that can still play, although not as well as he used to but desperately wants a cup. could bring leadership to the room. play with spezza on the 2md/3rd line.... an idea.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Moulson is a Sen in 2 months.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum