GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
sandysensfan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hobiesens
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Ev
SensHulk
tim1_2
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Can't stand Melnyk and I think he's close to selling this team for no other reason than he is running out of money but that's just a conclusion I came to based on some facts mixed with opinion.  Saying Melnyk is going to be the downfall of the Sens is the biggest chicken little argument you can make... basically being paranoid for the sake of being paranoid.

Melnyk is a sociopath, nothing short.  The guy lies and lies and lies.  As of yet (other than Alfie) he hasn't really done much to harm the Sens in any way and until I see guys leaving town or demanding trades, like Ev I will choose to watch and cheer for a very solid, young hockey team who is improving every day.  If Murray and Dorion moved on then yah, I think that would have been alarming but the both resigned and received promotions. That's nothing but a positive.

Don't think Ev is the one who is nuts here, lol.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 1541492381

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

It's interesting that Melnyk comes out and says that he wants to win a stanley cup in Murray's short window but appears extremely non-committal when talking about adding salary. Maybe he's just posturing but it's inevitable that their internal budget will NEED to rise to re-sign core players and keep up witht he cap floor. Just wish he'd cool it a little on the overly defensive calls.

He's quite nutty when he doesn't stick to the script.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Can't stand Melnyk and I think he's close to selling this team for no other reason than he is running out of money but that's just a conclusion I came to based on some facts mixed with opinion.  Saying Melnyk is going to be the downfall of the Sens is the biggest chicken little argument you can make... basically being paranoid for the sake of being paranoid.

Melnyk is a sociopath, nothing short.  The guy lies and lies and lies.  As of yet (other than Alfie) he hasn't really done much to harm the Sens in any way and until I see guys leaving town or demanding trades, like Ev I will choose to watch and cheer for a very solid, young hockey team who is improving every day.  If Murray and Dorion moved on then yah, I think that would have been alarming but the both resigned and received promotions.  That's nothing but a positive.

Let's not be THIS ignorant either dude.  If you know the guy is lying, you can't expect the fans to just sit there and ignore it. Wouldn't call anyone but Melnyk nuts at this moment after that interview.  Basically, if I was still a STH, I'd be pretty pissed with that call, but that's just my opinion...and I'm a melnyk fan

Last edited by Michallica on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:It's interesting that Melnyk comes out and says that he wants to win a stanley cup in Murray's short window but appears extremely non-committal when talking about adding salary.  Maybe he's just posturing but it's inevitable that their internal budget will NEED to rise to re-sign core players and keep up witht he cap floor.  Just wish he'd cool it a little on the overly defensive calls.  

He's quite nutty when he doesn't stick to the script.

Melnyk is a complete douche with no idea how to shut his mouth and I don't even know if he actually knows what the truth is anymore. Fact is Sens are on the right path overall, have stability, and haven't made many wrong moves in a long time. I like where the team is, where it's headed, and how they are currently playing. Some people just need to complain for the sake of complaining.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:Can't stand Melnyk and I think he's close to selling this team for no other reason than he is running out of money but that's just a conclusion I came to based on some facts mixed with opinion.  Saying Melnyk is going to be the downfall of the Sens is the biggest chicken little argument you can make... basically being paranoid for the sake of being paranoid.

Melnyk is a sociopath, nothing short.  The guy lies and lies and lies.  As of yet (other than Alfie) he hasn't really done much to harm the Sens in any way and until I see guys leaving town or demanding trades, like Ev I will choose to watch and cheer for a very solid, young hockey team who is improving every day.  If Murray and Dorion moved on then yah, I think that would have been alarming but the both resigned and received promotions.  That's nothing but a positive.

Let's not be THIS ignorant either dude.  If you know the guy is lying, you can't expect the fans to just sit there and ignore it.  Wouldn't call anyone but Melnyk nuts at this moment after that interview.  Basically, if I was still a STH, I'd be pretty pissed with that call, but that's just my opinion...and I'm a melnyk fan

I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth so him contradicting himself within a single sentence or statement rolls off my back like a water on a duck. The people who actually listen to a word he says and believe it (good or bad) are the ones that probably need to take a step back.

I haven't seen anything out of Ottawa other than the Alfie situation which would lead me to believe anything other than the Sens are being built the right way and have an extremely young and exciting core with stability at the coaching position and in the front office.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Naw I choose to enjoy watching the games and not caring about something out of my control. Nothing Melnyk says will stop me from enjoying the team.

Go to Oakland or Washington Redskins or Jerry Jones if you want to see an example of a controlling owner.

Melnyk is smart because he hires some outstanding hockey people to run the show.

Bryan Murray wouldn't be here for 4 more years if the budget was an issue.

I was hanging my hat on that until The Gene starting getting his back up when asked about spending some sheckels to take steps forward.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Meh. I think I'm getting to the point where I just tune Melnyk out. It's not my money and I have absolutely no control or influence on what he does. I'm not gonna waste too much time and energy on Melnyk. It's always nice to have an owner with deep pockets and who does not meddle, but that's rare. Every owner is going to be interested in what his team is doing. After all, it's their money being used. Very few owners spend it all, all the time. Hopefully Melnyk will spend when the time is right, and I look to BMurr to help champion that push. I find the more frustrated I get with Melnyk, the less I enjoy the game, so FU Melnyk. GO SENS GO!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Meh. I think I'm getting to the point where I just tune Melnyk out. It's not my money and I have absolutely no control or influence on what he does. I'm not gonna waste too much time and energy on Melnyk. It's always nice to have an owner with deep pockets and who does not meddle, but that's rare. Every owner is going to be interested in what his team is doing. After all, it's their money being used. Very few owners spend it all, all the time. Hopefully Melnyk will spend when the time is right, and I look to BMurr to help champion that push. I find the more frustrated I get with Melnyk, the less I enjoy the game, so FU Melnyk. GO SENS GO!

any trades?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Meh. I think I'm getting to the point where I just tune Melnyk out. It's not my money and I have absolutely no control or influence on what he does. I'm not gonna waste too much time and energy on Melnyk. It's always nice to have an owner with deep pockets and who does not meddle, but that's rare. Every owner is going to be interested in what his team is doing. After all, it's their money being used. Very few owners spend it all, all the time. Hopefully Melnyk will spend when the time is right, and I look to BMurr to help champion that push. I find the more frustrated I get with Melnyk, the less I enjoy the game, so FU Melnyk. GO SENS GO!

any trades?
I'm hearing the sounds of swirlominoes...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Remaining games for the Sens this month... not an easy schedule, that's for sure... and a good test of how we stack up with the Eastern teams above us in the standings...

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Sens10

Back to back with Tampa and Carolina... 

And of course, the Cussing 2pm game this coming Saturday vs the Rags. Ugh.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Not gonna lie, they got a shot by the end of the month to inch much closer to MTL/TBAY and not have to worry at all about the stupid wild card chase.  Just gotta keep this play up and above all else no injuries please!

EDIT: on the plus side, based on shabbs' screenshot, at least we're starting to sell out the building!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Remaining games for the Sens this month... not an easy schedule, that's for sure... and a good test of how we stack up with the Eastern teams above us in the standings...

That looks like a soft schedule to me.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:Remaining games for the Sens this month... not an easy schedule, that's for sure... and a good test of how we stack up with the Eastern teams above us in the standings...

That looks like a soft schedule to me.
yeah all those games look winnable to me. sure Tampa is way above us but they can take fall like most teams. Not to say we can win them all but we could win 6 outta 8.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think it's neither soft, nor hard... (that's what she said). More of an "on par" schedule. We're not playing the top teams so that's good. Certainly a great chance to get some points. All winnable games. Habs and Bolts will probably be the toughest games.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

All that schedule is are games you need to win to be a playoff team.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Soft schedule or not, we need a bunch of points out of these games...like .750 would be ideal.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A guy I would still love to see the Sens try and aquire is Mathias from Florida. That's a guy who can play anywhere in the top 9 and not look out of place while bringing a pretty mature game with him. Always liked him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum