GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
sandysensfan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hobiesens
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Ev
SensHulk
tim1_2
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

honestly a player i could see the sens targeting if he can come with an extension or in the summertime is Vanek. that's of course if he doesn't go to Minnesota but it's someone they will probably make an offer to.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

part of me would also like to maybe give iginla a 2 year contract. there's a guy that can still play, although not as well as he used to but desperately wants a cup. could bring leadership to the room. play with spezza on the 2md/3rd line.... an idea.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Moulson is a Sen in 2 months.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:part of me would also like to maybe give iginla a 2 year contract. there's a guy that can still play, although not as well as he used to but desperately wants a cup. could bring leadership to the room. play with spezza on the 2md/3rd line.... an idea.

Iggy is reportedly fairly uncoachable, so I'll take a pass. I'd rather keep our existing lineup than add him to it. I honestly have no idea who the Sens will bring in this year, but right now it doesn't make much sense to do anything. Unless we go back in the tank, the need to make a trade is greatly diminished.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game Day Wing Dang Doodle. Sens @ Wild. 8pm.

Sens sit in 11th spot today... Leafs, Devils in action as well tonight...

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lehner starts tonight.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Anybody listen to melnyk yesterday on the radio?  Here were my emotions in order.  

1) Impressed. Liking what I'm hearing
2) suddenly Unimpressed and not liking what I'm hearing
3) then just  Facepalm at all the wrong things he's saying

That call actually infuriated me. Have a listen: http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/186/18854/14.01.13%20eugene%20melnyk%20on%20the%20drive.mp3

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What, you mean Melnyk is a lunatic who is obviously horrible for the Ottawa Senators?

Weird.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Anybody listen to melnyk yesterday on the radio?  Here were my emotions in order.  

1) Impressed. Liking what I'm hearing
2) suddenly Unimpressed and not liking what I'm hearing
3) then just  Facepalm at all the wrong things he's saying

That call actually infuriated me.  Have a listen: http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/186/18854/14.01.13%20eugene%20melnyk%20on%20the%20drive.mp3
Yup still sounds like a cheap bastard that says that management has to be better then the 29 other teams because he can't play on equal footing with the other teams in the league. Yes, thanks for saving our team from moving but now that you can't help us anymore you might want to sell it to someone who can. SOB

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It doesn't matter what the owner says or doesn't. People will sleep better at night when they just ignore ownership in any team or league.

Saying Melnyk is horrible for the Senators is just idiotic.

You have no knowledge of his situation.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

But melnyk pulled the 'I saved your team' card. Red flag. he just kinda lost it in the middle of the interview after mendes asked him about how championship teams spend a little more money.

And then says hasek injury cost us the 2007 cup final....then says the CTC was built over capacity and should have never been more than 17K-18K....uhhh when he took over it was at 18,500 capacity and then he increased it to whatever it is now.

I defend melnyk on this board alot but that interview was horrawful. No different than rod bryden who constantly kept telling us the team was going to move if we didn't get fan support.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:It doesn't matter what the owner says or doesn't. People will sleep better at night when they just ignore ownership in any team or league.

Saying Melnyk is horrible for the Senators is just idiotic.

You have no knowledge of his situation.

I have listened to him speak. That is enough in this situation.

Playing it off as not a big deal is idiotic.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's not a big deal. It's all just noise.

I'm not saying he isn't an idiot. I'm just saying none of it matters.

This isn't friggin Ed Davis here.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
I'm not saying he isn't an idiot. I'm just saying none of it matters.

You are truly nuts.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Naw I choose to enjoy watching the games and not caring about something out of my control. Nothing Melnyk says will stop me from enjoying the team.

Go to Oakland or Washington Redskins or Jerry Jones if you want to see an example of a controlling owner.

Melnyk is smart because he hires some outstanding hockey people to run the show.

Bryan Murray wouldn't be here for 4 more years if the budget was an issue.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Can't stand Melnyk and I think he's close to selling this team for no other reason than he is running out of money but that's just a conclusion I came to based on some facts mixed with opinion.  Saying Melnyk is going to be the downfall of the Sens is the biggest chicken little argument you can make... basically being paranoid for the sake of being paranoid.

Melnyk is a sociopath, nothing short.  The guy lies and lies and lies.  As of yet (other than Alfie) he hasn't really done much to harm the Sens in any way and until I see guys leaving town or demanding trades, like Ev I will choose to watch and cheer for a very solid, young hockey team who is improving every day.  If Murray and Dorion moved on then yah, I think that would have been alarming but the both resigned and received promotions. That's nothing but a positive.

Don't think Ev is the one who is nuts here, lol.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 1541492381

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It's interesting that Melnyk comes out and says that he wants to win a stanley cup in Murray's short window but appears extremely non-committal when talking about adding salary. Maybe he's just posturing but it's inevitable that their internal budget will NEED to rise to re-sign core players and keep up witht he cap floor. Just wish he'd cool it a little on the overly defensive calls.

He's quite nutty when he doesn't stick to the script.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum