GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cousins eliminated the Leafs in the playoffs 2 years ago.

Better play with him than against him.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm impartial. If he stays within his grey zone and doesn't take too many penalties it's a good move. I do think we're over committing on pests between Perron, Greig and Cousins. I suspect he'll be our 13th forward many nights or may get waived to his hometown Belleville

He’d get Picked up instantly

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If that were the case another team would have signed him a long time ago. Regardless we will have a nasty bottom six to play against. Amadio, Perron, Greig, Cousins, Gregor, xxxx

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now that the prospects showcase is out of the way, main camp opens in 2 days with medicals, followed by the first on-ice sessions on Thursday. Opening night is in 24 days - October 10.

Halliday and Yakemchuk had 3 of the 4 goals the prospects scored in the three games. Yep, the cupboards are really bare. Still, it'll be interesting to see which of the players invited to main camp will be the last to be cut. Wouldn't be surprised if it was those two.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Now that the prospects showcase is out of the way, main camp opens in 2 days with medicals, followed by the first on-ice sessions on Thursday.  Opening night is in 24 days - October 10.

Halliday and Yakemchuk had 3 of the 4 goals the prospects scored in the three games.  Yep, the cupboards are really bare.  Still, it'll be interesting to see which of the players invited to main camp will be the last to be cut.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was those two.

Honestly, I didn’t expect much of the prospect games. Not enough quality in the pipeline.

I’m not even excited much for the 1st few games of the preseason.
The last couple might grab my attention depending on if we’re down to what looks like the final roster.

I’m a little more intrigued in if we dig into the waiver wire.
We could use another good Dman for the bottom pairing.
So far we’ve got Hamonic as a 7th Dman but many teams roll with 8 and I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone be brought in that is a better option. I’m not sure. Maybe Adisson is that option.
I think Kleven might lock up the left bottom pairing but we could use someone in case Chabot gets injured and we have to push guys up the line up. I don’t see anyone ready to take the bottom left side. That’s a hole in our system and ne we have problems with EVERY year.
Plenty of guys in the forward group to come up. D is worrisome

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tough to be competitive when we trade away all of our top 10 picks and draft Boucher with the one we don't draft. This is Dorion's legacy in a nutshell.

Halliday dominated as expected. Yak showed flashes of his offensive skills but was apparently pretty bad defensively. This was the scouting report on him to a tee.

Donovan and Andinovski are really the only others I cared about and I think both looked okay. Donovan will go to the AHL and Andinovski back to the CHL. Neither will make the NHL team. Yak will go back to the WHL and is probably 2-3 years away.

So really - the only takeaway for me was Halliday. He continues to impress and while he'll likely start in the AHL, he'll be the first call-up when someone in the top-nine gets hurt - probably replacing Norris at some point.

I've given our lineup some thought, and have come up with this as what I think is the best, most even lineup.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Perron-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Amadio
Cousins-Ostapchuk-Gregor

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-Addison
Extra: JBD, Hamonic

I have Addison making the team as he gives an offensive option from the right side, especially on the power play. His minutes will be limited. I don't trust JBD enough on the back-end for full-time minutes. He doesn't bring enough to the table for me. Hamonic is just too slow and the team should look at waiving him IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum