GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think you do what it takes to get the player you want. It's why teams trade for player rights. If you're worried about giving up a mid/late draft pick or Brannstrom/JBD then I think you're worrying for the wrong reasons.

This Van City trade will start an early arms race and I can see teams overpaying for assets. I can see Hamonic moving 100% if he decides to waive his NMC. I think if the offers are good for Tarasenko you move him too, though I am leaning more towards keeping him.

There will be a team with deep playoff ambitions who will be upset in the first rd of the playoffs: Carolina, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Devils and other teams like St Louis, Arizona, Calgary, Minnesota that may feel they're only a player or two away, will overpay at the draft. I think the market for Chabot will be good in the off-season. If we can secure a top 20 pick, a roster player and a decent prospect I'd certainly debate making the trade.

I can see us getting a 2nd or 3rd for Kubalik if we retain some of his salary. This should be a no brainer on a $2.5M contract. I'm also good to move him for a player but I think we should be focused on acquiring picks vs contracts at this point.

Target to move at the deadline should be Kubalik and Hamonic. Brannstrom and JBD in a package if we wanted to acquire a player, but everyone else we should be dealing with in the off-season. I also think the Boston/Det 1st should be a trade chip.

I'll be surprised if we get a 4rth for kubalik. he needs to get on a tear.
I think we are stuck with Hamonic for another season.

I think if we eat salary someone could pick him up as a depth scorer

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think you can add McClellan to the list of possible coaches we interview.

I wonder what other coach becomes available after the playoffs

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think you do what it takes to get the player you want. It's why teams trade for player rights. If you're worried about giving up a mid/late draft pick or Brannstrom/JBD then I think you're worrying for the wrong reasons.

This Van City trade will start an early arms race and I can see teams overpaying for assets. I can see Hamonic moving 100% if he decides to waive his NMC. I think if the offers are good for Tarasenko you move him too, though I am leaning more towards keeping him.

There will be a team with deep playoff ambitions who will be upset in the first rd of the playoffs: Carolina, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Devils and other teams like St Louis, Arizona, Calgary, Minnesota that may feel they're only a player or two away, will overpay at the draft. I think the market for Chabot will be good in the off-season. If we can secure a top 20 pick, a roster player and a decent prospect I'd certainly debate making the trade.

I can see us getting a 2nd or 3rd for Kubalik if we retain some of his salary. This should be a no brainer on a $2.5M contract. I'm also good to move him for a player but I think we should be focused on acquiring picks vs contracts at this point.

Target to move at the deadline should be Kubalik and Hamonic. Brannstrom and JBD in a package if we wanted to acquire a player, but everyone else we should be dealing with in the off-season. I also think the Boston/Det 1st should be a trade chip.

I'll be surprised if we get a 4rth for kubalik. he needs to get on a tear.
I think we are stuck with Hamonic for another season.

I think if we eat salary someone could pick him up as a depth scorer

Sure, some team might. But he’s not getting us anything more than a 4th at best

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also there seems to be more chatter around keeping tarasanko. He seems to like it in Ottawa
I’d be up for that

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also, this doesn’t sound like a great draft. I’d be asking for 2025 picks personally

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I think you can add McClellan to the list of possible coaches we interview.

Isn't it all but decided that it will be Berube?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Also, this doesn’t sound like a great draft. I’d be asking for 2025 picks personally

From my understanding there are quite a few good D prospects. From a cap room perspective we are possibly losing one of Chabot/Chychrun and we certainly will need to replace Brannstrom and Hamonic and very likely JBD. What he have coming up are P3 candidates, primarily.

For the forfeited draft pick, can we give up Boston's 2024 or does it have to be our own?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Also, this doesn’t sound like a great draft. I’d be asking for 2025 picks personally

From my understanding there are quite a few good D prospects.  From a cap room perspective we are possibly losing one of Chabot/Chychrun and we certainly will need to replace Brannstrom and Hamonic and very likely JBD.  What he have coming up are P3 candidates, primarily.  

For the forfeited draft pick, can we give up Boston's 2024 or does it have to be our own?

I think we have 3 years to forfeit that pick. The logic should be that we wait till the last year to do so. It’s usually also what other GMs have done. Or if we finish very high before then, which. Would be great.
I’d rather have prospects now than further down the line.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I think you can add McClellan to the list of possible coaches we interview.

Isn't it all but decided that it will be Berube?

I don’t know that I’ve heard that it was a done deal. Certainly an option.
I’m fine with it if it is.

I had heard they were still looking at all options.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Reading the Sens are interested in Tanev and Kaliyev. Interesting mix - depth/top-six scoring and vet RHD.

I am getting a growing sense that this is Chabot's last season with us

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"Done deal" as in the new Sr. VP of Hockey Ops sang his praises in an interview not long ago.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Reading the Sens are interested in Tanev and Kaliyev. Interesting mix - depth/top-six scoring and vet RHD.

I don’t know that trading for Tanev is a good idea.
Maybe I’m alone on this but I don’t think he’s our long term answer to the top 4. I fear his performance will start declining in his next contract. I’d prefer someone younger.

That said, he’s better than Hamonic for the bottom pairing. But that’s where I’d pencil him with the capacity to move into the top 4.

As far a chabot goes, did you hear anything new?
I’m not gonna lie, that’s probably the wiser move of him or chychrun. Both have health issues but chychrun seems to have better offence these days, he’s younger and he’s not been n the decline for a couple of years.
If there’s someone willing to offer up a good deal for chabot, I’d consider it . Plus his no trade kicks in and it’s our last chance to send him where we want. After the summer, he’ll have a much greater bargaining power in the matter.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Reading the Sens are interested in Tanev and Kaliyev. Interesting mix - depth/top-six scoring and vet RHD.

I don’t know that trading for Tanev is a good idea.
Maybe I’m alone on this but I don’t think he’s our long term answer to the top 4. I fear his performance will start declining in his next contract. I’d prefer someone younger.

That said, he’s better than Hamonic for the bottom pairing. But that’s where I’d pencil him with the capacity to move into the top 4.

As far a chabot goes, did you hear anything new?
I’m not gonna lie, that’s probably the wiser move of him or chychrun. Both have health issues but chychrun seems to have better offence these days, he’s younger and he’s not been n the decline for a couple of years.
If there’s someone willing to offer up a good deal for chabot, I’d consider it . Plus his no trade kicks in and it’s our last chance to send him where we want. After the summer, he’ll have a much greater bargaining power in the matter.

I haven't heard anything new but it's your exact points which make me feel like the Sens are going to move on from him. This plus the fact that it's evident this core needs a shake-up. You're not trading Brady, you're not trading Stutzle, Batherson is on a team-friendly contract, Norris is untradeable right now, Giroux will retire a Sen (most likely), and Pinto isn't going anywhere. So after that it leaves Chabot who has never seen a playoff game, never recorded a + season, and is a quickly depreciating asset. Four years left on his deal - someone can easily eat that and get good value for at least 2 years. Chych also wants to be here and will probably take a better deal (6.5 - 7.25M range) to be here on a more team friendly (5 or 6 year) contract

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DJ going to the Kings as AC to interim head coach Hiller (after McLelland  gets the axe).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No Sanderson this weekend but Forsberg is back. Good thing it's just the Leafs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Been giving the Sens trade deadline situation some thought. A few moves I would try to make:

1. Brannstrom + Detroit/Boston 1st for Laughton
2. JBD, Kubalik, 2nd for Tanev (extended)
3. Tarasenko, Kastelic, prospect (salary retained) for Edm 1st and Broberg

Move Chabot in offseason

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens did not waive anyone so Forsberg remains out.

Off for 10 days, P1 D-man out, AHL goalie backing up. They better not draw any penalties.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Been giving the Sens trade deadline situation some thought. A few moves I would try to make:

1. Brannstrom + Detroit/Boston 1st for Laughton
2. JBD, Kubalik, 2nd for Tanev (extended)
3. Tarasenko, Kastelic, prospect (salary retained) for Edm 1st and Broberg

Move Chabot in offseason

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Grieg-Laughton-Joseph
Crookshank-xxxx-Kelly

Sanderson-Tanev
Chychrun-Zub
Broberg-xxxx

I suspect a Chabot trade brings in a dman and forward prospect to round out the team. Calgary only have 3 dmen signed next year. I can see them being interested.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum