GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 66]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Classic sens game to remind you very little has improved.

Someone needs to spank Timmy every time he tries to go against 3 guys. It just doesn’t work anymore

Well some of the blame is on the wingers not keeping up with the play. Stutzle is the center - the wingers should be ahead of him.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Nobody on the roster is untouchable except for Sanderson, Greig and pinto. Sens should try to get Markstrom and Tanev or Weegar out of Calgary and Tate Thompson out of Buffalo

I wouldn't be surprised Tage Thompson is on Buffalo's untouchables list. Guys his size with those hands don't grow on trees.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Are we ready to saddle up with a buyout of korpisalo buyout hit of 1.333 mill or are we going to see if the leafs want a goalie for the next 4 years at 2.666 mill.

I mean, nothing is impossible as we now know.

Our only hope is to play him until he's worth *something*. Murray may be the outlier -- most ex-Sens goalies go on to play better elsewhere. GMs know this but, regardless, it would cost.

The Leafs have slid down to a wildcard spot. They've got 3 games in hand on Tampa (3rd in Division) and only 1 point back but it would not surprise me if Toronto finishes behind not only Tampa but also maybe Detroit (and into last wildcard spot). I can't imagine they would slip out of the playoffs entirely but you never know. If Roy can "fix" the Islanders or the Penguins make some deadline moves, missing the playoffs is not entirely out of the realm of possibilities.

Still, they have Jones (.911), Woll (.916) and Samsonov stopped 72 of 75 (.960) over his last three starts. I don't see how Korpisalo would be an upgrade over any of those at this point.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Are we ready to saddle up with a buyout of korpisalo buyout hit of 1.333 mill or are we going to see if the leafs want a goalie for the next 4 years at 2.666 mill.

I mean, nothing is impossible as we now know.

Our only hope is to play him until he's worth *something*.  Murray may be the outlier -- most ex-Sens goalies go on to play better elsewhere. GMs know this but, regardless, it would cost.

The Leafs have slid down to a wildcard spot.  They've got 3 games in hand on Tampa (3rd in Division) and only 1 point back but it would not surprise me if Toronto finishes behind not only Tampa but also maybe Detroit (and into last wildcard spot).  I can't imagine they would slip out of the playoffs entirely but you never know.  If Roy can "fix" the Islanders or the Penguins make some deadline moves, missing the playoffs is not entirely out of the realm of possibilities.

Still, they have Jones (.911), Woll (.916) and Samsonov stopped 72 of 75 (.960) over his last three starts. I don't see how Korpisalo would be an upgrade over any of those at this point.

It was meant more as a joke.

My stand has previously been that it would have been nice to have another goalie in here to act as a stop gap between Soogard stepping in.
This season isn’t exactly the season to judge the play of anyone but I’m not confident that even by having forsberg on LTIR next year or traded that I’d want to roll with Soogard and korpi.

IMO we need someone to replace Korpi and Forsberg for the next couple of years. And I don’t know how we get it done.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Funny how nobody comments that Pelexh was admiring his pass hard on the Gallagher hit

How does that matter?  It was a chicken wing from a chicken Dung.  Whether he was admiring his pass or not you can't stick out your elbow to send someone into next week.  If it was a clean shoulder to shoulder then go ahead and blame the receiver. But not in this case.

No he deserved the suspension, but this guy has been concussed like three times and knew Gallagher was coming the whole time. It was dumb by him, had could have prevented it himself

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Chartier on waivers for cap reasons. Lots of rumors about the Sens wanting Tanev if an extension is in place. Could also signal Forsberg returning soon-ish.

What would it take to land Tanev? If the Flames don't plan on re-signing him is Kubalik, Brannstrom and a 4th enough? Money would be a wash.

I'm also leaning more towards signing Chych and moving Chabot. I think the core of this team needs to be shaken up and I feel like Chych is better for this team longer term. Not to mention he actually wants to be here. I find both of them defensively inept though I do think Chych is better. And I find Chych better offensively too. But even then it's a wash. The difference to me is Chych wants to be here - I am not sure Chabot does. His NTC kicks in this summer - I wonder if we see him being a surprise deadline move but likely a draft move.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He not only wasn't expecting to be hit (very late) but he certainly wasn't expecting an elbow.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:He not only wasn't expecting to be hit (very late) but he certainly wasn't expecting an elbow.

He looks like at Gallagher who is coming right towards him…then looks away

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Chartier on waivers for cap reasons. Lots of rumors about the Sens wanting Tanev if an extension is in place. Could also signal Forsberg returning soon-ish.

What would it take to land Tanev? If the Flames don't plan on re-signing him is Kubalik, Brannstrom and a 4th enough? Money would be a wash.

I'm also leaning more towards signing Chych and moving Chabot. I think the core of this team needs to be shaken up and I feel like Chych is better for this team longer term. Not to mention he actually wants to be here. I find both of them defensively inept though I do think Chych is better. And I find Chych better offensively too. But even then it's a wash. The difference to me is Chych wants to be here - I am not sure Chabot does. His NTC kicks in this summer - I wonder if we see him being a surprise deadline move but likely a draft move.
Again, I’m not convinced it’s in our best interest to spend the assets to acquire Tanev at the deadline. Especially at the cost of extending him in the deal. I also think Tanev will desire to jump in a contender.
If we do have a chance at resigning him, it would be after a cup run.
If we’re targeting someone from the flames, we should enquire about the price of Comeau for him to line up with Pinto.

On the other note, I tend to agree with you that keeping Chychrun would be the smart play at this point. His play in his own zone seems to have improved and history in PHX has shown he can be responsible in his own zone.
I think once he signs a new deal, he will balance out his offensive and defensive output. Right now, he’s maximizing getting cookies to increase his value.
Points are hard to debate.

As for chabot, I still see him as a decreasing asset, also being a couple years older and about to enter a NTC. All things pointing to the player you should be trading in a bid to acquire a top 4 rhd (I have my doubts about Tanev really being that guy in years to come. More of a bottom pairing guy more than capable of being a top 4 in the next few years on a solid team).

Chabot still has plenty of value around the league and it’s now, more than never to swing him. Most likely some team that barely missed a chance at the cups with a weaker left side will entertain such a deal. MYbe the assets given in return could be used to acquire a weegar.

With the size of his cap hit, I don’t see this being a deadline deal.
Unless we can a trade with Calgary can be achieved for Comeau and weegar for chabot but chabot doesn’t make much sense for them unless they have some way to flip him to another team. Highly improbable at the deadline.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think you do what it takes to get the player you want. It's why teams trade for player rights. If you're worried about giving up a mid/late draft pick or Brannstrom/JBD then I think you're worrying for the wrong reasons.

This Van City trade will start an early arms race and I can see teams overpaying for assets. I can see Hamonic moving 100% if he decides to waive his NMC. I think if the offers are good for Tarasenko you move him too, though I am leaning more towards keeping him.

There will be a team with deep playoff ambitions who will be upset in the first rd of the playoffs: Carolina, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Devils and other teams like St Louis, Arizona, Calgary, Minnesota that may feel they're only a player or two away, will overpay at the draft. I think the market for Chabot will be good in the off-season. If we can secure a top 20 pick, a roster player and a decent prospect I'd certainly debate making the trade.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think you do what it takes to get the player you want. It's why teams trade for player rights. If you're worried about giving up a mid/late draft pick or Brannstrom/JBD then I think you're worrying for the wrong reasons.

This Van City trade will start an early arms race and I can see teams overpaying for assets. I can see Hamonic moving 100% if he decides to waive his NMC. I think if the offers are good for Tarasenko you move him too, though I am leaning more towards keeping him.

There will be a team with deep playoff ambitions who will be upset in the first rd of the playoffs: Carolina, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Devils and other teams like St Louis, Arizona, Calgary, Minnesota that may feel they're only a player or two away, will overpay at the draft. I think the market for Chabot will be good in the off-season. If we can secure a top 20 pick, a roster player and a decent prospect I'd certainly debate making the trade.

I can see us getting a 2nd or 3rd for Kubalik if we retain some of his salary. This should be a no brainer on a $2.5M contract. I'm also good to move him for a player but I think we should be focused on acquiring picks vs contracts at this point.

Target to move at the deadline should be Kubalik and Hamonic. Brannstrom and JBD in a package if we wanted to acquire a player, but everyone else we should be dealing with in the off-season. I also think the Boston/Det 1st should be a trade chip.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot for Guhle straight up -- who says no?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Chabot for Guhle straight up -- who says no?

I like it. But Montreal would say no I imagine. But if that were the premise for a trade, I'd like to include Brannstrom and get Matheson back.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Chabot for Guhle straight up -- who says no?

I like it. But Montreal would say no I imagine. But if that were the premise for a trade, I'd like to include Brannstrom and get Matheson back.

Matheson >>>> Brannstrom. No way they go for that. At least with Chabot he's a francophone (that's gotta be worth a couple million against the cap). Plus he may still get back to the level of play he showed in his first couple of seasons.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think you do what it takes to get the player you want. It's why teams trade for player rights. If you're worried about giving up a mid/late draft pick or Brannstrom/JBD then I think you're worrying for the wrong reasons.

I can see us getting a 2nd or 3rd for Kubalik if we retain some of his salary. This should be a no brainer on a $2.5M contract. I'm also good to move him for a player but I think we should be focused on acquiring picks vs contracts at this point.

Target to move at the deadline should be Kubalik and Hamonic. Brannstrom and JBD in a package if we wanted to acquire a player, but everyone else we should be dealing with in the off-season. I also think the Boston/Det 1st should be a trade chip.

I'll be surprised if we get a 4rth for kubalik. he needs to get on a tear.
I think we are stuck with Hamonic for another season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

I think if we eat salary someone could pick him up as a depth scorer

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think you can add McClellan to the list of possible coaches we interview.

I wonder what other coach becomes available after the playoffs

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

I think if we eat salary someone could pick him up as a depth scorer

Sure, some team might. But he’s not getting us anything more than a 4th at best

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum