GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I suspect one of the main reasons teams *usually* split back-to-back games is because the backup plays in one of the games.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:lol this is where most fans are clueless. Sens played a good game? , obviously they most likely weren’t winning both games back to back

Not when they keep insisting to alternate goalies.  Need to get one of them (currently Korpisalo) on a decent run of 5-6 games, back-to-backs be damned.  They've had nothing but off days the last two weeks and the trip to Sweden means more days off.  March is when they will need both goalies; right now, play the hot hand.

Korpisalo has played like 75% for two weeks now.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:lol this is where most fans are clueless. Sens played a good game? , obviously they most likely weren’t winning both games back to back

Not when they keep insisting to alternate goalies.  Need to get one of them (currently Korpisalo) on a decent run of 5-6 games, back-to-backs be damned.  They've had nothing but off days the last two weeks and the trip to Sweden means more days off.  March is when they will need both goalies; right now, play the hot hand.

Which is what, like 3 starts? I am talking about 5-6.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Which is what, like 3 starts?  I am talking about 5-6.  

Started 5 of last 7 games

I agree he should be given a long stretch. But back to back will always be split unless it’s some masssive game

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Without checking I assume 2 off among 5 starts means no more than 2 in a row (unless Forsberg started 2 straight). I'm talking about 5-6 in a row. Come on, what are arguing for?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Without checking I assume 2 off among 5 starts means no more than 2 in a row (unless Forsberg started 2 straight). I'm talking about 5-6 in a row. Come on, what are arguing for?

I’m not trying to argue, i just think even the elite goalies today don’t play that many in a row., starting 5 of 7 would be almost 60 starts for the year

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

50/30 split is more common now

Few first period observations.

JBD looks much better and calmer out there
Man, ia the tkachuk line ever struggling

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The Stutzle-Giroux combo is too good. They really need to find the right combo of bath, Norris, Tkachuk, kubalik, tarasenko. None of them are line drivers. I think Greig is being missed

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:50/30 split is more common now

It may very well all be in between his ears with JBD.
Maybe when he gets enough NHL games under his belt he will settle into a stead pay role in a pairing, maybe top 4.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The Stutzle-Giroux combo is too good. They really need to find the right combo of bath, Norris, Tkachuk, kubalik, tarasenko. None of them are line drivers. I think Greig is being missed

Well without Pinto, Greig is definitely the 3rd line C we’re missing. Jarventie isn’t as ready for that role yet. Maybe as a winger.
It’s not a bad thing that he’s getting some games for him to figure it out.
It be better if it wouldn’t cost us losses. Not that he’s responsible but as a whole, we’re not icing the best team to win games.

You get Kubalik back on the 2nd line and maybe a line of jarventie, Grieg, and tarasanko could be productive.

Not gonna lie, Rouke Chartier isn’t being that much to the team. Can’t wait for Pinto to draw in so he can be sent back down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

50/30? I kinda *am* a math guy and that doesn't add up. At least not to 100 Smile

I think they can go to a platoon situation eventually (won't have a choice in March) but after losing 4 of 5 with the team struggling to regain its confidence I would prefer to run with the hotter hand.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

50/30? I kinda *am* a math guy and that doesn't add up. At least not to 100 Smile

I think they can go to a platoon situation eventually (won't have a choice in March) but after losing 4 of 5 with the team struggling to regain its confidence I would prefer to run with the hotter hand.

50/30 of 82 games.

I also think they’ll give Forsberg a Sweden game cause he’s Swedish

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

50/30 of 82 games.

Thanks Ev

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

50/30 of 82 games.

Ah, got it (50/32 would have made it a bit more obvious).

Currently they are saying Korpisalo starts first game and goalie for the second game will be decided on later. Hopedully Forsberg will get a lift from playing in front of his countrymen.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if the flames would entertain a Weegar for Chabot trade.
Would clear a bit of cap for us and would actually give us a steady RHD to play with.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Thought about it but I suspect Calgary would want picks and prospects back in an effort to rebuild. Zadorov would be more likely imo. But we'd likely need to trade kubalik and JBD to get that done.

Pretty sure Weegar will be 37 when his contract is up. Too old for my liking

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Simmer podcast is just brutal. The guy can’t do this, I’m sorry. He is exhausting and clearly has ADD amongst other issues

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And Justin Murray is Cussing weird just like his dad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum