GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I’m calling it now. Chabot will be traded for Nugent Hopkins at some point this year

Mmmhhh… for how questionable Chabot has been, I’m not sure I’d want to sacrifice our depth even more on D.

Plus, Im not sure that’s a return we need once pinto is back.

RNH is predominantly a winger now (when Edmonton splits mcdavid and drai) and has a cheap long term deal. Saves almost $3 million per year in cap space. I think it actually makes sense for both teams although I assume Edmonton would have to dump cap.

RNH-Norris-Batherson
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Joseph-Pinto-Tarasenko
Kubalik-Greig-whoever

Sanderson-Zub
Chychrun-JBD
Brannstrom-Hamonic
Kleven

That forward lineup is deep.
And what do we do when chychrun gets injured half the year?
We suddenly look really week.
This is a deal that could make sense a year or two from now.
Not now. I prefer our depth at D than having another winger who can score. Scoring isn’t really the issue here.

I also don't want a 35+ RNH on my team. We have Chabot for the long-run IMO.

We have $5M in dead cap space off the books next year, and I don't see a situation where Brannstrom is back. I see Kubalik coming back if he wants something reasonable, and I don't know what Tarasenko will decide to do. Fun fact - Tarasenko is slightly off-pace for having a career year and has a team high in +/-.

Pinto will sign his QO this year, and we'll see what happens with him after though I suspect he'll sign short-term deal. Greig and Jarventie are on their ELCs next year and I suspect MacEwen will get buried. So we should have some cap flex. I know the Sanderson deal kicks in but it's wash with the dead cap space and the rumored increase in the cap. Float money is Kubalik, Tarasenko, Brannstrom, Chartier or approx $10M.

Future d-core is some combo of Chabot-Sanderson-Chychrun-Zub with Kleven splashed in there. I do think they need to separate Chych from Chabot and play their 3 LHDs on different lines... even if it means Chabot is on the third pairing. It shouldn't matter.

I also think we see Patrick Roy as GM, and he'll take over interim coaching duties if needed. But I think DJ is here to stay - for now anyway. Next GM should have zero allegiances to the players unlike Dorion who refered to Kleven as a son... super weird.

Happy to see the Sens embarrass Toronto on the road. That's a huge win. I don't know what to expect tonight although expectations aren't high. Also nice to see Stutzle and Giroux with good games.

Batherson needs to figure his game out soon or he may be the guy getting moved for defensive help.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dobson for Batherson - who says no?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dobson for Batherson - who says no?

Easily islanders.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I’m calling it now. Chabot will be traded for Nugent Hopkins at some point this year

Mmmhhh… for how questionable Chabot has been, I’m not sure I’d want to sacrifice our depth even more on D.

RNH is predominantly a winger now (when Edmonton splits mcdavid and drai) and has a cheap long term deal. Saves almost $3 million per year in cap space. I think it actually makes sense for both teams although I assume Edmonton would have to dump cap.

RNH-Norris-Batherson
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Joseph-Pinto-Tarasenko
Kubalik-Greig-whoever

Sanderson-Zub
Chychrun-JBD
Brannstrom-Hamonic
Kleven

Not now. I prefer our depth at D than having another winger who can score. Scoring isn’t really the issue here.

I also don't want a 35+ RNH on my team. We have Chabot for the long-run IMO.

We have $5M in dead cap space off the books next year, and I don't see a situation where Brannstrom is back. I see Kubalik coming back if he wants something reasonable, and I don't know what Tarasenko will decide to do. Fun fact - Tarasenko is slightly off-pace for having a career year and has a team high in +/-.

Pinto will sign his QO this year, and we'll see what happens with him after though I suspect he'll sign short-term deal. Greig and Jarventie are on their ELCs next year and I suspect MacEwen will get buried. So we should have some cap flex. I know the Sanderson deal kicks in but it's wash with the dead cap space and the rumored increase in the cap. Float money is Kubalik, Tarasenko, Brannstrom, Chartier or approx $10M.

Future d-core is some combo of Chabot-Sanderson-Chychrun-Zub with Kleven splashed in there. I do think they need to separate Chych from Chabot and play their 3 LHDs on different lines... even if it means Chabot is on the third pairing. It shouldn't matter.

I also think we see Patrick Roy as GM, and he'll take over interim coaching duties if needed. But I think DJ is here to stay - for now anyway. Next GM should have zero allegiances to the players unlike Dorion who refered to Kleven as a son... super weird.

Happy to see the Sens embarrass Toronto on the road. That's a huge win. I don't know what to expect tonight although expectations aren't high. Also nice to see Stutzle and Giroux with good games.

Batherson needs to figure his game out soon or he may be the guy getting moved for defensive help.

Guys with smarts and skill like RNH age well. Look at Giroux. I wouldn’t want him if he made $8M but he makes $5M. That’s really not much.

Not to be that guy but I believe the qualifying offer expired for pinto, but I agree he’ll sign for cheap like $1M or something

Chabot at $8M on the third pair wouldn’t be smart. I’d c rather have RNH + a $4-5 dman instead of just Chabot

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

RNH-Norris-Batherson
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Joseph-Pinto-Tarasenko
Kubalik-Greig-whoever

Sanderson-Zub
Chychrun-JBD
Brannstrom-Hamonic
Kleven

Chabot gets injured every year now too, and in this scenario they would add another D next season.

I’m not saying move Chabot at any cost though, I’d be fine keeping him as he’s our best pick mover and PP D

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Forsberg is terrible right now

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens would be up big with Korpi in net. Trade Forsberg to rdmonton

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Canucks are definitely not as good as their record. That’s a team who’s gonna fall back to earth pretty quickly

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol this is where most fans are clueless. Sens played a good game? , obviously they most likely weren’t winning both games back to back

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Canucks are definitely not as good as their record. That’s a team who’s gonna fall back to earth pretty quickly

I was saying the same thing to a friend last night.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Canucks are definitely not as good as their record. That’s a team who’s gonna fall back to earth pretty quickly

I was saying the same thing to a friend last night.

They’ll easily make the playoffs since the west stinks, but I wasn’t impressed by them at all especially given they had way more rest than Ottawa

Way better game from Batherson yesterday. He needs to shoot the puck to be successful

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As much as our D hasn’t been great for a while and the need for a true shut down Dman is obvious.
Goalies haven’t delivered great performances.
16 shots last night and you let in that much?

That’s just not acceptable.

I think there were questions about how good we’d be in nets this season but we’d hope one of the two would be great. Korpisalo has been the best out of both.
But hardly the saviour.

Good news is how good Soogard has been in Belleville.

I just don’t know how soon he could actually make the NHL, replace Forsberg and handle the NHL without harming his development

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:As much as our D hasn’t been great for a while and the need for a true shut down Dman is obvious.

I think there were questions about how good we’d be in nets this season but we’d hope one of the two would be great. Korpisalo has been the best out of both.
But hardly the saviour.

I just don’t know how soon he could actually make the NHL, replace Forsberg and handle the NHL without harming his development

I think he could easily come up and be the backup now. Trade Forsberg to Edmonton while he still has some value.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:As much as our D hasn’t been great for a while and the need for a true shut down Dman is obvious.

But hardly the saviour.

I think he could easily come up and be the backup now. Trade Forsberg to Edmonton while he still has some value.

Agreed

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:lol this is where most fans are clueless. Sens played a good game? , obviously they most likely weren’t winning both games back to back

Not when they keep insisting to alternate goalies. Need to get one of them (currently Korpisalo) on a decent run of 5-6 games, back-to-backs be damned. They've had nothing but off days the last two weeks and the trip to Sweden means more days off. March is when they will need both goalies; right now, play the hot hand.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I suspect one of the main reasons teams *usually* split back-to-back games is because the backup plays in one of the games.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:lol this is where most fans are clueless. Sens played a good game? , obviously they most likely weren’t winning both games back to back

Not when they keep insisting to alternate goalies.  Need to get one of them (currently Korpisalo) on a decent run of 5-6 games, back-to-backs be damned.  They've had nothing but off days the last two weeks and the trip to Sweden means more days off.  March is when they will need both goalies; right now, play the hot hand.

Korpisalo has played like 75% for two weeks now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Not when they keep insisting to alternate goalies.  Need to get one of them (currently Korpisalo) on a decent run of 5-6 games, back-to-backs be damned.  They've had nothing but off days the last two weeks and the trip to Sweden means more days off.  March is when they will need both goalies; right now, play the hot hand.

Korpisalo has played like 75% for two weeks now.

Which is what, like 3 starts? I am talking about 5-6.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum