GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47 ... 51  Next

Go down  Message [Page 44 of 51]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Exactly why they need to trade a few of these 'core' guys and surround them with winners.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Chabot is 27 and has never played a playoff game, batherson will be 26 in April - same thing.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Batherson is a 25 goal, 50-55 points winger with size under $5M. Honestly, he's been one of the few bright spots on the team this year. Why on earth would they trade him? Maybe for Swayman (extended).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm very concerned about the current center depth. Norris is injury prone, Stützle is due for a rebound but unless he grows an inch or two, puts on 10-15 lbs I don't see him as a 1C on a contending team. Pinto has a bigger frame, is better in the dot. Maybe he develops into a Bergeron but that's not likely. Greig is obviously too small. We have 3 2C at best and Norris, who is probably best as a winger.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Norris had shoulder surgery. In other news, water is wet.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Norris had shoulder surgery. In other news, water is wet.

Well he's probably gone another minimum half-year. Recovery for most shoulder surgeries is 6-12 months + on top of the fact that he's already had two. Maybe he's back by Christmas. On a positive note, that's almost $8M that the Sens can have on LTIR to start the season next year.

Dream off-season:

Forwards
- Zegras (trade for Batherson)
- Toffoli (UFA),
- Laughton (trade for Bos/Det 1st + Ty Boucher)
- Perfetti (trade for Chychrun)

Defense
- Roy or Walker (UFA)
- Tanev (UFA)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t see why he wouldn’t be ready for next season. Jacques even said so today.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I don’t see why he wouldn’t be ready for next season. Jacques even said so today.

Shoulder surgery is a big one. Especially a repeat surgery

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Friedman speculating that we are going to get karlsson this off season. 3 years left and his cap hit is 10M a season
If Pitt retains salary and we can dump korpi on them I'm all for it

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Friedman speculating that we are going to get karlsson this off season. 3 years left and his cap hit is 10M a season

If you can dump korpi and not give up anything then maybe. But I really don’t wanna see him back to be honest. Not the player we need

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Friedman speculating that we are going to get karlsson this off season. 3 years left and his cap hit is 10M a season

If you can dump korpi and not give up anything then maybe. But I really don’t wanna see him back to be honest. Not the player we need

I agree. If he's costing us $8M a year for the next 3 seasons and we dump Korpi I can stomach it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I'm very concerned about the current center depth. Norris is injury prone, Stützle is due for a rebound but unless he grows an inch or two, puts on 10-15 lbs I don't see him as a 1C on a contending team. Pinto has a bigger frame, is better in the dot. Maybe he develops into a Bergeron but that's not likely. Greig is obviously too small. We have 3 2C at best and Norris, who is probably best as a winger.

Stutzle hasn’t filled out into his man size. He’s gonna be fine. You guys make me laugh when you speak about him. You always forget how young he is. He’s a number 1C down the line for sure. Just needs to grow and mature mentally.
It will come.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

I agree. If he's costing us $8M a year for the next 3 seasons and we dump Korpi I can stomach it.

I have a hard time believing Pitts isn’t heading for a rebuild within a couple of years. They’ll keep karlsson next year and after that trade him and retain 50% and actually get some value back. There won’t be no karlsson for morph and barely nothing else 😂

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He’s only speculating. Based on nothing. He just can’t see where karlsson will go.
And to answer that question, he won’t be traded.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anybody else think the sens will try to ink Chartier again?
Depending on the kind of mix of veterans they will bring on the team, I could see Him being a decent bottom forward/13th forward at a cheap price.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I don’t see why he wouldn’t be ready for next season. Jacques even said so today.

Last year he had surgery in Feb and missed camp and the first 4 games. This year the surgery was second week of March.

I know each surgery is different but that's the history for now. Hopefully he got a 2nd and 3rd opinion and even a different surgeon.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We’ve finally now arrived in the yearly late season push by the sens to take us well out of the running of any top 5 pick.

Your Ottawa senators, when the games don’t matter.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:We’ve finally now arrived in the yearly late season push by the sens to take us well out of the running of any top 5 pick.

Your Ottawa senators, when the games don’t matter.

lol to be fair they’re not gonna lose every game. We’re can really only go down one spot too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 51]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47 ... 51  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum