GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 57 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Dimelo signs 4 years at a shade under 5million. Here’s a potential target for the sens that’s off the board
I don't think DeMelo was ever a target

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not a shock but the Sens are looking to add a RHD, top-six forward, and some depth forwards.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any truth to this rumour of LA for Chychrun?

I heard it’s Chychrun and Branstrom
For Kalyev, RHD Spence and a first rounder.

Kalyev has busy written all over him IMO. Spence is an unknown. Seems to have played his first full season last year in a 3rd pairing role.

The 1st would be nice

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Any truth to this rumour of LA for Chychrun?

I heard it’s Chychrun and Branstrom
For Kalyev, RHD Spence and a first rounder.

Kalyev has busy written all over him IMO. Spence is an unknown. Seems to have played his first full season last year in a 3rd pairing role.

The 1st would be nice

I doubt it Cause that would be a win for Ottawa (not that it’s bad for LA, I just don’t think chycrun we’ll get a 1st)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Chych price is rumored to be a 1st and 2nd, or a 1st and a good prospect. So this return with the inclusion of brannstrom makes sense

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Chych price is rumored to be a 1st and 2nd, or a 1st and a good prospect. So this return with the inclusion of brannstrom makes sense

Yeah. Brannstrom for Kalyev alone is an even deal to me

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Chych price is rumored to be a 1st and 2nd, or a 1st and a good prospect. So this return with the inclusion of brannstrom makes sense

Price is irrelevant if nobody pays it. I don’t know if he’ll get a 1st.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Detroit, Chicago, LA and Florida are all linked to him. It may also not be a 1st Rd pick this year.

I'd take Brandt Clarke 1 for 1 but LA would never do that . Spence and Kaliyev do zero for me.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Detroit, Chicago, LA and Florida are all linked to him. It may also not be a 1st Rd pick this year.

I'd take Brandt Clarke 1 for 1 but LA would never do that . Spence and Kaliyev do zero for me.

You’re right, but I think that trade would be mostly built around that1st.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m very intrigued at what the other teams could be offering.
Florid is an interesting name.
We can forget about Chicago and Detroit IMO.
Chicago probably won’t part with a first or one of their top prospects.andizerman will be out to win the trade.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I’m very intrigued at what the other teams could be offering.
Florid is an interesting name.
We can forget about Chicago and Detroit IMO.
Chicago probably won’t part with a first or one of their top prospects.andizerman will be out to win the trade.
Couldn't agree more. To me it's Florida and LA and I suspect there's a wildcard team like the NYR who could be interested.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well I’m glad it’s not parehk. He seemed to have some real deficiencies defensively maybe a little raw. I wouldn’t be surprised if he dropped into the teens.

Yakemchuk has great size and could turn into a hard top 4 to play against.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thought yakemchuk was totally underrated (and posted that a few months back). Bit surprised but totally on board with the player her e

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We probably could have dropped a few spots to get him. But with all the guys left there’s a good chance everyone was happy drafting where they are

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Thought yakemchuk was totally underrated (and posted that a few months back). Bit surprised but totally on board with the player her e

I’m happy with the pick.
And you’re right. This could be the perfect player to play with Sanderson down the road

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I haven't decided how I feel about the pick. There are lots of pros but I heard he takes bad penalties and isn't a very smooth skater (gets beaten around the edges). I do think he will be good at clearing the front of the net, which is what I expect out of Kleven too, though there's clearly some offensive upside here.

My main concern is I see Yakemchuk's ceiling as a 2nd pairing d-man, not so much a top pairing one. But had they taken Buium or Dickinson they'd probably be a second pairing by default behind Sanderson anyway.

All this to say, he's a CHLer, we don't have to worry about NCAA rights, and I suspect he'll end up being a player you want on your team

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I haven't decided how I feel about the pick. There are lots of pros but I heard he takes bad penalties and isn't a very smooth skater (gets beaten around the edges). I do think he will be good at clearing the front of the net, which is what I expect out of Kleven too, though there's clearly some offensive upside here.

My main concern is I see Yakemchuk's ceiling as a 2nd pairing d-man, not so much a top pairing one. But had they taken Buium or Dickinson they'd probably be a second pairing by default behind Sanderson anyway.

All this to say, he's a CHLer, we don't have to worry about NCAA rights, and I suspect he'll end up being a player you want on your team

Plus he might challenge for a spot right away

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be honest I didn’t think any of the dmen remaining were amazing. I wanted Iginla or sennexke more

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 57 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum