GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 66]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. I'd sign Boqvist or Schultz and waive JBD. I also wouldn't sleep on Jarventie, Ostapchuk, and Halliday. And I believe Jenik could make the team as well. We're not going to sign another forward but I do think we will round out the defense with a signing or a trade

I’d keep JBD. The extra D would make it 8

They won't need an 8th D until that 0-game road trip in December.

So I take it you're not in favor of Kleven as the 6/7?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. I'd sign Boqvist or Schultz and waive JBD. I also wouldn't sleep on Jarventie, Ostapchuk, and Halliday. And I believe Jenik could make the team as well. We're not going to sign another forward but I do think we will round out the defense with a signing or a trade

I’d keep JBD. The extra D would make it 8

They won't need an 8th D until that 0-game road trip in December.

So I take it you're not in favor of Kleven as the 6/7?

Kleven would be my third pairing LD, unless he looked terrible in camp/beginning of the season

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A few of the different podcasts said he's ready. Looked amazing in the playoffs

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Boqvist is off the board. Next man up is Fabbro for me.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Boqvist is off the board. Next man up is Fabbro for me.

Fabbro is $2.5M and Sens have $1.9M, so who goes -- and where? Nashville has less than $600K left so they won't take on any 1-way contracts.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think we're down to PTOs and late league-min signings for UFAs sitting at home and twiddling their thumbs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I thought we had 3.6M? But i guess that excluded a few guys on two ways?

Rip capfriendly

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if we'd be improved adding Justin Schultz ? He'd be a good bottom pairing d man

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I thought we had 3.6M? But i guess that excluded a few guys on two ways?

Rip capfriendly

It all depends who’s up and down on the roster.
It is was 3.6/1.9
They can always make room for a mill by sending hamonic down. Nobody is picking him up. He’s got an NTC and not an NMC right?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Same with MacEwen. Though sending him down and calling someone up will essentially be a wash

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd certainly look to bury hamonic and sign justin schultz

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He can’t be sent down he has an NMC. Unless he approves it that is.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well that’s the end of Jarventie’s time in ottawa. Unsurprisingly Staois digged into the Edmonton prospect pool. Not sure how I feel about it. Edmonton doesn’t have the reputation for producing great players internationally. That said, Bourgault is an interesting name. His offence hasn’t translated to the AHL yet. Chiasson is likely to be an AHLer more than an NHLer but who knows.

It’s not like Jarventie was tracking to be an amazing NHLer. I’ve never been sure he ever had a shot. Too soft.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He looked good at the world juniors this past year. Not sure he was ever given a fair shake at the NHL level, and missed most of the year in the AHL with an injury. 

Personally I think this is more about starting fresh and moving Dorion players where possible. Still hate that we took Jarventie over Paterka.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He looked good at the world juniors this past year. Not sure he was ever given a fair shake at the NHL level, and missed most of the year in the AHL with an injury. 

Personally I think this is more about starting fresh and moving Dorion players where possible. Still hate that we took Jarventie over Paterka.

Same. That was a dumb move

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It was such an easy pick too

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

But therein lies the problem with Dorion and his legacy. Always took the road less travelled. I suspect Boucher is the next prospect out but he's probably worthless at this point

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Peterka won’t be a star but yeah I guess it’s a bad pick now. But the fact that he was German and played with stutzle isn’t relevant to the pick

Also Dorion didn’t pick players. That was Trent Mann who has a garbage track record

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum