GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Parker Kelly should be kept for the fourth line. He’s been impressive imo
I have a trade idea. Korpisalo for Merzlikens. Columbus would save money and get a goalie they already had and trusted

Sens are capped out so you either need another contract moving out (or downgraded to a smaller one) or a third team involved.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I mean even if we beat Montreal we face Boston Thursday and NYR Saturday. I'm happy with 3 points over the next 3 games.  At this point I'm all for the tank unfortunately

Just beat Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Buffalo. And Pittsburgh.

As for JBD, he played well at the start of this latest callup. Then DJ was fired and I suspect Martin is not as good with the younger players. I think his game can be improved with a different approach (teach, play, observe -- make him a 7D until he plays consistently well). Unfortunately he's one of our only 3D so if he comes out Hamonic and Brannstrom are both in and one leftie has to play the wrong side. If they had room I would bring up Thomson and rotate JBD, Hamonic, Thomson as the 3rd pairing RD. Which means Brannstrom would have to be moved (for cap and roster room).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Parker Kelly should be kept for the fourth line. He’s been impressive imo
I have a trade idea. Korpisalo for Merzlikens. Columbus would save money and get a goalie they already had and trusted

Sens are capped out so you either need another contract moving out (or downgraded to a smaller one) or a third team involved.

They can always waive Kubalik which is probably what ends up happening if they can't get a mid round pick for him at the deadline.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:

They can always waive Kubalik which is probably what ends up happening if they can't get a mid round pick for him at the deadline.

I also saw a mock trade out there

To Nashville: Tarasenko, Kubalik
To Ottawa: Fabbro, Schaefer, 2nd, 3rd

If this is a thing, I'd do this without batting an eye

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

lol why would the sens do that?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yeah, I dunno if thats the kind of deal I’d want to do.

I’m still leading on resigning Tarasanko for the right term and money.
I don’t know that we could do much better on this years FA market. If he’ll take a 2-3 year deal at less than he’s making, I’d keep him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Two pending UFAs on a cash strapped team? I would do it. Tarasenko has been okay here. He's definitely not the player he was nor is he really a player we need

Yeah, I dunno if thats the kind of deal I’d want to do.

I’m still leading on resigning Tarasanko for the right term and money.
I don’t know that we could do much better on this years FA market. If he’ll take a 2-3 year deal at less than he’s making, I’d keep him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Eight straight wins against the Habs. Too bad we only play them 3 times this season. 4-1-1 in their last 6. Boston played last night so here's our chance to extend the win streak. And, yes, I know that teams usually split back-to-back games. And, yes, I know Swayman is due to be in goal.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Funny how nobody comments that Pelexh was admiring his pass hard on the Gallagher hit

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Classic sens game to remind you very little has improved.

Someone needs to spank Timmy every time he tries to go against 3 guys. It just doesn’t work anymore

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nobody on the roster is untouchable except for Sanderson, Greig and pinto. Sens should try to get Markstrom and Tanev or Weegar out of Calgary and Tate Thompson out of Buffalo

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Nobody on the roster is untouchable except for Sanderson, Greig and pinto. Sens should try to get Markstrom and Tanev or Weegar out of Calgary and Tate Thompson out of Buffalo

I’m not sure there’s a universe where Buffalo trades Thompson .
I heard the tanev storyline also. If our additions on the blueline are out chycrun/chabot and in Chris Tanev, we are Cussed.

I think tanev would be a guy I’d be chasing aim the summer to replace Hamonic but not the as newer to our top 4.

Unless Calgary is looking to rebuild completely, I’d be very surprised if they trade Markstrom.
It’s gonna be very difficult to substrat and replace Korpisalo. Mark my words. Dorion really poison pilled us on this one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Weegar I could get on board with.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Are we ready to saddle up with a buyout of korpisalo buyout hit of 1.333 mill or are we going to see if the leafs want a goalie for the next 4 years at 2.666 mill.

I mean, nothing is impossible as we now know.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Funny how nobody comments that Pelexh was admiring his pass hard on the Gallagher hit

How does that matter? It was a chicken wing from a chicken Dung. Whether he was admiring his pass or not you can't stick out your elbow to send someone into next week. If it was a clean shoulder to shoulder then go ahead and blame the receiver. But not in this case.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Classic sens game to remind you very little has improved.

Someone needs to spank Timmy every time he tries to go against 3 guys. It just doesn’t work anymore

Well some of the blame is on the wingers not keeping up with the play. Stutzle is the center - the wingers should be ahead of him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Nobody on the roster is untouchable except for Sanderson, Greig and pinto. Sens should try to get Markstrom and Tanev or Weegar out of Calgary and Tate Thompson out of Buffalo

I wouldn't be surprised Tage Thompson is on Buffalo's untouchables list. Guys his size with those hands don't grow on trees.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Are we ready to saddle up with a buyout of korpisalo buyout hit of 1.333 mill or are we going to see if the leafs want a goalie for the next 4 years at 2.666 mill.

I mean, nothing is impossible as we now know.

Our only hope is to play him until he's worth *something*. Murray may be the outlier -- most ex-Sens goalies go on to play better elsewhere. GMs know this but, regardless, it would cost.

The Leafs have slid down to a wildcard spot. They've got 3 games in hand on Tampa (3rd in Division) and only 1 point back but it would not surprise me if Toronto finishes behind not only Tampa but also maybe Detroit (and into last wildcard spot). I can't imagine they would slip out of the playoffs entirely but you never know. If Roy can "fix" the Islanders or the Penguins make some deadline moves, missing the playoffs is not entirely out of the realm of possibilities.

Still, they have Jones (.911), Woll (.916) and Samsonov stopped 72 of 75 (.960) over his last three starts. I don't see how Korpisalo would be an upgrade over any of those at this point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum