GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm getting behind Staios' moves this summer.

1. Brought in a legit 1a goalie and moved our terrible goalie
2. Moved a third pairing LHD on an expiring contract (and M-NTC) for a top-four RHD
3. Shed Joseph's salary and moved pieces that weren't going to move the needle (Brann, Kelly, Kastelic)
4. Added Perron who I've always liked, and Amadio who seems to be a bit of a swiss army knife
5. Is there another move coming?

Draft was a bit of an anomaly but I can convince myself that Yakemchuk was a good pick. Eliasson not so much.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Perron-Greig-Amadio
XXXX-XXXX-Gregor
Bubble: MacEwen, Halliday, Ostapchuk, Crookshank

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-XXXX
Bubble: JBD, Hamonic

Ullmark
Forsberg

I wonder if there is a move still left to be made. I think Greig is our last remaining trade chip I'd be willing to move along with some other prospects (Sokolov, Jarventie, Boucher). I wonder if there is a way to get Andersson out of Calgary.

Are you calling chychrun a third pairing Dman?

I think you should take your rose coloured glasses off. We got a player we needed back but it’s not an even trade. We lost that one.

I think he’s done ok. Too early to judge him on it. See what happens with Ullmark.

The sokolov trade is meh to say the least. Got an AHLer back for what is probably an AHLer in sokolov.

I don’t see why we would trade Grieg. It’s exactly the type of player we should be keeping.

I agree that we likely need a trade for a third pairing Dman but not at the cost of Grieg.

I wouldn't trade Greog for a 3 RHD. I'd trade him for someone that pushes Zub or Jensen down the lineup.

And Chychrun is a third pairing dman on this team. He's not better than Chabot or Sanderson and it's clear he csnt play on his off side. That puts him as a 3 LHD with us. He's a second pair dman and most other teams and Jensen would be as well.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm getting behind Staios' moves this summer.

1. Brought in a legit 1a goalie and moved our terrible goalie
2. Moved a third pairing LHD on an expiring contract (and M-NTC) for a top-four RHD
3. Shed Joseph's salary and moved pieces that weren't going to move the needle (Brann, Kelly, Kastelic)
4. Added Perron who I've always liked, and Amadio who seems to be a bit of a swiss army knife
5. Is there another move coming?

Draft was a bit of an anomaly but I can convince myself that Yakemchuk was a good pick. Eliasson not so much.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Perron-Greig-Amadio
XXXX-XXXX-Gregor
Bubble: MacEwen, Halliday, Ostapchuk, Crookshank

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-XXXX
Bubble: JBD, Hamonic

Ullmark
Forsberg

I wonder if there is a move still left to be made. I think Greig is our last remaining trade chip I'd be willing to move along with some other prospects (Sokolov, Jarventie, Boucher). I wonder if there is a way to get Andersson out of Calgary.

Are you calling chychrun a third pairing Dman?

I think you should take your rose coloured glasses off. We got a player we needed back but it’s not an even trade. We lost that one.

I think he’s done ok. Too early to judge him on it. See what happens with Ullmark.

The sokolov trade is meh to say the least. Got an AHLer back for what is probably an AHLer in sokolov.

I don’t see why we would trade Grieg. It’s exactly the type of player we should be keeping.

I agree that we likely need a trade for a third pairing Dman but not at the cost of Grieg.

I wouldn't trade Greog for a 3 RHD. I'd trade him for someone that pushes Zub or Jensen down the lineup.

And Chychrun is a third pairing dman on this team. He's not better than Chabot or Sanderson and it's clear he csnt play on his off side. That puts him as a 3 LHD with us. He's a second pair dman and most other teams and Jensen would be as well.

I’d argue that chychrun might be better than Chabot. He played loose last year in order to push his points but his entire career he’s been responsible.
I don’t think k we saw the whole chychrun last year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Fair argument. Seems like a pretty selfish thing to do though. Reading between the lines on some of these reports, I don't think he ever fit in. Could be why he was always on the trade block in Arizona too

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Nick Jensen was on the Coming in Hot podcast this morning. Seems like a good team guy. I'll have to watch the interview again to get a real sense of his character

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Nick Jensen was on the Coming in Hot podcast this morning. Seems like a good team guy. I'll have to watch the interview again to get a real sense of his character
Yeah, I’ll watch it tomorrow too.

Although media interviews don’t really tell the story because it’s for human consumption

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He sounds like a hockey player

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm stoked for main camp. $3.6Mcap space and we need to add at least one forward to have 4 lines and 3 pairings. Assuming Kleven makes the roster (making JBD/Hamonic the 6/7) that leaves $2.68M for that 12th forward (13th forward can stay in the minors until needed). Assuming that 12th forward is under $1M we have approximately $1.7M for injuries/callups, upgrades, deadline (if we're buyers). Leave $500K for injury callups (and not presuming we'd be buyers at the deadline) that leaves $1.2M for an upgrade.

Upgrading JBD means a $2M D-man. Is that much of an upgrade?
Upgrading a 4th liner is similar.

Not sure it's worth it, at this point. I would leave this for the trade deadline and hope the rest of the changes so far are enough to make that something useful.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would sign the following players:
TYLER Johnson
Adam Boqvist
Oliver Kylington
Cal Clutterbuck
Samuel Blais
Alexander Barabanov
Matt Martin
Tanner Pearson
Justin Schultz
Kevin Shattenkirk

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yupp. I'd sign Boqvist or Schultz and waive JBD. I also wouldn't sleep on Jarventie, Ostapchuk, and Halliday. And I believe Jenik could make the team as well. We're not going to sign another forward but I do think we will round out the defense with a signing or a trade

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. I'd sign Boqvist or Schultz and waive JBD. I also wouldn't sleep on Jarventie, Ostapchuk, and Halliday. And I believe Jenik could make the team as well. We're not going to sign another forward but I do think we will round out the defense with a signing or a trade

I’d keep JBD. The extra D would make it 8

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like Boqvist shattenkirk or Shultz as much as the next guy but I’d target Fabbro out of Nashville since they’re cap strapped and had we already not consumâtes a trade with them I’d target Trevor Van riemsdyk out of Washington as they’re also cap strapped (a hefty 4M even after backstrom is on IR).

Those would be good option for our bottom pairing

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

All fine with me. I do wonder if our defense is any better than last year. I think it's marginally better defensively but weaker offensively. We lack a heavy slap shot and a puck mover on the bottom pair. Any of the aforementioned guys able to play PP? I wonder if Boqvist can.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:All fine with me. I do wonder if our defense is any better than last year. I think it's marginally better defensively but weaker offensively. We lack a heavy slap shot and a puck mover on the bottom pair. Any of the aforementioned guys able to play PP? I wonder if Boqvist can.
He was supposed to be (as a prospect) so maybe.

Norris will be key with his slapper

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So Norris on PP1 on the point? Tkachuk Stu Bath as the fowwrds. Sandy Giroux Perron pinto xxx on pp2?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. I'd sign Boqvist or Schultz and waive JBD. I also wouldn't sleep on Jarventie, Ostapchuk, and Halliday. And I believe Jenik could make the team as well. We're not going to sign another forward but I do think we will round out the defense with a signing or a trade

I assume you mean promote to roster from within, because right now they only have 11F (according to CapFriendly). Which of the players you listed (Jarventie, Ostapchuk, Halliday, Jenik) would you look at? Ostapchuk would be the only one that could play a 4th line role (although I admit I know nothing of Jenik).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

They won't need an 8th D until that 0-game road trip in December.

So I take it you're not in favor of Kleven as the 6/7?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

They won't need an 8th D until that 0-game road trip in December.

So I take it you're not in favor of Kleven as the 6/7?

Kleven would be my third pairing LD, unless he looked terrible in camp/beginning of the season

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A few of the different podcasts said he's ready. Looked amazing in the playoffs

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum