GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think they'll buy our korpi

I wouldn’t. I doubt the sens are a cap team at the end of the day. Not with Ullmark at 5. Maybe next year they will but not this year.
You’re better off crying him, hoping he plays himself into some other team having interest and retain maybe a mill in a trade to some other team.

It be idiotic to buy him out at this stage.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Sounds like we will get Ullmark for sure
Chych, #25, Forsberg and a prospect is what I've heard. Maybe something else coming back from Boston too. I'm assuming they're trying to hammer out an extension which could be what's holding things up.

Philly trade may include Korpi but it would mean Ottawa moves back to #12 and throws in other pieces too. Farabee could be the player coming back to Ottawa with Johanson or Atkinson as a contract dump. Brann could be included too. I imagine this becomes a much bigger trade if Ottawa decides to add in Boucher or Greig who both have ties to Philly. Anything bigger probably means an extended Konecny and a d-man come back (Bonk or York). Sens would take a forward with #12 if this were the case.

How is that not an overpayment ?
It should be chychrun for Ullmark. I don’t care about the extention because Boston will try to extend him aslo.
If that’s the deal, it means we still don’t have a competent GM. No other team is seriously after Ullmark. Plus we don’t even know if he’s gonna be that good outside of Boston.

This is idiotic.

Also, why would we be trading Ullmark and then dealing korpisalo if we traded Forsberg?
I’m down to move back but only if it helps our team and it’s worth quite a bit to move back. Make it work.

I really don’t believe there is any truth to Konecny.hes a guy they want to keep. Couturier might be available. At your own risk tho.   So much fans dreaming with these trades. Same for Bonk I don’t see Philly trading prospects. If anything, it’s players they’re trading.

I don’t think it’s terrible with an extension. Forsberg has no value and the 25th pick is basically like a second round pick. Ottawa would probably get a forward or D in return as well. Chychryun may only return a second round pick at this stage.

If there’s no extension then it should be Cychrun or the pick, not both

Yes, chychrun, OR the pick.

No way both because let’s look at it this way.
The sens lost on market rom in comparison to what NJ was offering. Why would they turn around and pay almost double what they likely offered to NJ?

Makes no sense.
It’s gonna likely be a first OR chychrun, Forsberg (which is neutral), and an average prospect.
Forsberg might not be included in the trade if it means they have to pay for it. A buyout of Forsberg is less than a million for 2 years.
They can carry 3 goalies to start the season and waive him or korpisalo without fear of getting picked up and maybe some team loses a goalie and we end up trading him for a song with a mill retained for a year.

All this to say it’s dumb to pay to get rid of Forsberg.

I don’t think Forsberg would affect the return either way. An extended ullmark would be worth two late firsts or a first and second, so that’s why I think chychrun and a first is fair.

Markstrom is four years older and has no extension, so he would be worth less than an extended ullmark

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

5 x $7M per is the asking price apparently

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:5 x $7M per is the asking price apparently

I think it’s a bit of an overpayment. He hasn’t shown to be a great goalie in the playoffs for Boston and that in a system that is great defensively.

I might be the outlier but I think Ullmark is an average goalie. 5 mill is fair. 6 is what he should get on the open market. 7 and we are paying a premium we should not be paying. The term of 5 is acceptable but boy do I hope he doesn’t turn into my worst fear.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Chych, #25, Forsberg and a prospect is what I've heard. Maybe something else coming back from Boston too. I'm assuming they're trying to hammer out an extension which could be what's holding things up.

Philly trade may include Korpi but it would mean Ottawa moves back to #12 and throws in other pieces too. Farabee could be the player coming back to Ottawa with Johanson or Atkinson as a contract dump. Brann could be included too. I imagine this becomes a much bigger trade if Ottawa decides to add in Boucher or Greig who both have ties to Philly. Anything bigger probably means an extended Konecny and a d-man come back (Bonk or York). Sens would take a forward with #12 if this were the case.

It should be chychrun for Ullmark. I don’t care about the extention because Boston will try to extend him aslo.
If that’s the deal, it means we still don’t have a competent GM. No other team is seriously after Ullmark. Plus we don’t even know if he’s gonna be that good outside of Boston.

This is idiotic.

Also, why would we be trading Ullmark and then dealing korpisalo if we traded Forsberg?
I’m down to move back but only if it helps our team and it’s worth quite a bit to move back. Make it work.

I really don’t believe there is any truth to Konecny.hes a guy they want to keep. Couturier might be available. At your own risk tho.   So much fans dreaming with these trades. Same for Bonk I don’t see Philly trading prospects. If anything, it’s players they’re trading.

I don’t think it’s terrible with an extension. Forsberg has no value and the 25th pick is basically like a second round pick. Ottawa would probably get a forward or D in return as well. Chychryun may only return a second round pick at this stage.

The sens lost on market rom in comparison to what NJ was offering. Why would they turn around and pay almost double what they likely offered to NJ?

Makes no sense.
It’s gonna likely be a first OR chychrun, Forsberg (which is neutral), and an average prospect.
Forsberg might not be included in the trade if it means they have to pay for it. A buyout of Forsberg is less than a million for 2 years.
They can carry 3 goalies to start the season and waive him or korpisalo without fear of getting picked up and maybe some team loses a goalie and we end up trading him for a song with a mill retained for a year.

I don’t think Forsberg would affect the return either way. An extended ullmark would be worth two late firsts or a first and second, so that’s why I think chychrun and a first is fair.

Markstrom is four years older and has no extension, so he would be worth less than an extended ullmark
The minute Chychrun plays half the season, they’ll resign him and we will have paid a first too much.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

This is idiotic.

Makes no sense.

The minute Chychrun plays half the season, they’ll resign him and we will have paid a first too much.

He will extend most likely before the season. He just isn’t that good.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:5 x $7M per is the asking price apparently

I think it’s a bit of an overpayment. He hasn’t shown to be a great goalie in the playoffs for Boston and that in a system that is great defensively.

I might be the outlier but I think Ullmark is an average goalie. 5 mill is fair. 6 is what he should get on the open market. 7 and we are paying a premium we should not be paying. The term of 5 is acceptable but boy do I hope he doesn’t turn into my worst fear.

He makes $5 million already. And has won a vezina since signing that contract. He’s clearly an above average goalie even going back to his time in Buffalo and will be Swedens goalie at the Olympics. Hes not going to be vezina level again but he can easily provide .910 goaltending here, I’d say, and all he has done is win games for a team that does not have a great core in my opinion

Also if you think he’s $6 million on the open market, then Ottawa will needs to go above that because of our team and location circumstances

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's a fair contract. The trick will be moving Forsberg and/or buying out korpisalo. My guess is they keep korpi as a backup and hope to hell he puts up good numbers. If he doesn't buy him out next year. Forsberg should be easy enough to move.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sogaard is probably ready for a full time backup role next year

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Ullmark is a sen for kastelic Boston's Original and Korpi 25% retained. Surprised with Korpi going and 25% retained is so much better than buy out

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Ullmark is a sen for kastelic Boston's Original and Korpi 25% retained. Surprised with Korpi going and 25% retained is so much better than buy out

Yeah geez that’s a steal even if Ullmark is here for one year. Worst case scenario you can deal him at the deadline for a similar pick

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Ullmark is a sen for kastelic Boston's Original and Korpi 25% retained. Surprised with Korpi going and 25% retained is so much better than buy out

Yeah geez that’s a steal even if Ullmark is here for one year. Worst case scenario you can deal him at the deadline for a similar pick

According to Bruce Garrioch(not great) they are working on extension now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This isn’t surprising and it’s what I basically said the cost of ullmark would be. It’s basically a 1st for ullmark as I expected and 25% retained and kastelic for them to take korpisalo.

I’m really interested to find out what we get for chychrun now. Hopefully another 1st

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Staios on team 1200 at 940 today to talk about the trade

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dimelo signs 4 years at a shade under 5million. Here’s a potential target for the sens that’s off the board

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Dimelo signs 4 years at a shade under 5million. Here’s a potential target for the sens that’s off the board
I don't think DeMelo was ever a target

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not a shock but the Sens are looking to add a RHD, top-six forward, and some depth forwards.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any truth to this rumour of LA for Chychrun?

I heard it’s Chychrun and Branstrom
For Kalyev, RHD Spence and a first rounder.

Kalyev has busy written all over him IMO. Spence is an unknown. Seems to have played his first full season last year in a 3rd pairing role.

The 1st would be nice

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum