GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 55 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yupp. I've heard their target is and always has been Ullmark.

There's also a potential super trade with Philly in the works (which I've talked about a few times now) involving our 7th and their 12th. I think it's a trade that could go down on draft day based on how the draft transpires. Apparently Konecny may be a part of it. I've heard Chabot's name tied to it as well though I don't think that actually makes sense for Ottawa or Philly, which is why I'm a bit sour on the source of this one. It's possible that the d-man linked to the trade is Brann and Boucher is added as a sweetener for something else. My gut feeling is we'll be acquiring Bonk as well in the return or Cam York if Chabot is indeed included.  I'm highly skeptical of this trade happening though I did want to share what I've heard (again)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sorry I seem to be having site issues today

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. I've heard their target is and always has been Ullmark.

There's also a potential super trade with Philly in the works (which I've talked about a few times now) involving our 7th and their 12th. I think it's a trade that could go down on draft day based on how the draft transpires. Apparently Konecny may be a part of it. I've heard Chabot's name tied to it as well though I don't think that actually makes sense for Ottawa or Philly, which is why I'm a bit sour on the source of this one. It's possible that the d-man linked to the trade is Brann and Boucher is added as a sweetener for something else. My gut feeling is we'll be acquiring Bonk as well in the return or Cam York if Chabot is indeed included.  I'm highly skeptical of this trade happening though I did want to share what I've heard (again)

What kind of source? Because trading chabot would go against everything else we’ve heard.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I see. This is from Travis Yost

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think it's more that his NTC kicks in next week. Now's the time to have max flex on a Chabot trade.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think it's more that his NTC kicks in next week. Now's the time to have max flex on a Chabot trade.

I’ve been very vocal about preferong to trade Chabot over Chychrun but it just doesn’t sound like something the org wanted.

If they were to trade both… I don’t know. We’d have a whole again on the left side Shrug‍�

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The more I dig into these prospects, the more I’m ok with sliding down to the 12th spot with out 7th.
There’s some real depth up to 15.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:The more I dig into these prospects, the more I’m ok with sliding down to the 12th spot with out 7th.
There’s some real depth up to 15.

Agreed. If Iginla or Buium are there at 7 I'd take either or. But if they're not I'd trade down for sure

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Korpi played with Torts in Columbus. I wonder if there's a way to shed that contract while we take a bad one or two (Atkinson, Johansson) back for a year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sounds like we will get Ullmark for sure

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Sounds like we will get Ullmark for sure
Chych, #25, Forsberg and a prospect is what I've heard. Maybe something else coming back from Boston too. I'm assuming they're trying to hammer out an extension which could be what's holding things up.

Philly trade may include Korpi but it would mean Ottawa moves back to #12 and throws in other pieces too. Farabee could be the player coming back to Ottawa with Johanson or Atkinson as a contract dump. Brann could be included too. I imagine this becomes a much bigger trade if Ottawa decides to add in Boucher or Greig who both have ties to Philly. Anything bigger probably means an extended Konecny and a d-man come back (Bonk or York). Sens would take a forward with #12 if this were the case.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Chych, #25, Forsberg and a prospect is what I've heard. Maybe something else coming back from Boston too. I'm assuming they're trying to hammer out an extension which could be what's holding things up.

Philly trade may include Korpi but it would mean Ottawa moves back to #12 and throws in other pieces too. Farabee could be the player coming back to Ottawa with Johanson or Atkinson as a contract dump. Brann could be included too. I imagine this becomes a much bigger trade if Ottawa decides to add in Boucher or Greig who both have ties to Philly. Anything bigger probably means an extended Konecny and a d-man come back (Bonk or York). Sens would take a forward with #12 if this were the case.

How is that not an overpayment ?
It should be chychrun for Ullmark. I don’t care about the extention because Boston will try to extend him aslo.
If that’s the deal, it means we still don’t have a competent GM. No other team is seriously after Ullmark. Plus we don’t even know if he’s gonna be that good outside of Boston.

This is idiotic.

Also, why would we be trading Ullmark and then dealing korpisalo if we traded Forsberg?
I’m down to move back but only if it helps our team and it’s worth quite a bit to move back. Make it work.

I really don’t believe there is any truth to Konecny.hes a guy they want to keep. Couturier might be available. At your own risk tho. So much fans dreaming with these trades. Same for Bonk I don’t see Philly trading prospects. If anything, it’s players they’re trading.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think they'll buy our korpi

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

It should be chychrun for Ullmark. I don’t care about the extention because Boston will try to extend him aslo.
If that’s the deal, it means we still don’t have a competent GM. No other team is seriously after Ullmark. Plus we don’t even know if he’s gonna be that good outside of Boston.

This is idiotic.

Also, why would we be trading Ullmark and then dealing korpisalo if we traded Forsberg?
I’m down to move back but only if it helps our team and it’s worth quite a bit to move back. Make it work.

I really don’t believe there is any truth to Konecny.hes a guy they want to keep. Couturier might be available. At your own risk tho.   So much fans dreaming with these trades. Same for Bonk I don’t see Philly trading prospects. If anything, it’s players they’re trading.

I don’t think it’s terrible with an extension. Forsberg has no value and the 25th pick is basically like a second round pick. Ottawa would probably get a forward or D in return as well. Chychryun may only return a second round pick at this stage.

If there’s no extension then it should be Cychrun or the pick, not both

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

This is idiotic.

I really don’t believe there is any truth to Konecny.hes a guy they want to keep. Couturier might be available. At your own risk tho.   So much fans dreaming with these trades. Same for Bonk I don’t see Philly trading prospects. If anything, it’s players they’re trading.

I don’t think it’s terrible with an extension. Forsberg has no value and the 25th pick is basically like a second round pick. Ottawa would probably get a forward or D in return as well. Chychryun may only return a second round pick at this stage.

Yes, chychrun, OR the pick.

No way both because let’s look at it this way.
The sens lost on market rom in comparison to what NJ was offering. Why would they turn around and pay almost double what they likely offered to NJ?

Makes no sense.
It’s gonna likely be a first OR chychrun, Forsberg (which is neutral), and an average prospect.
Forsberg might not be included in the trade if it means they have to pay for it. A buyout of Forsberg is less than a million for 2 years.
They can carry 3 goalies to start the season and waive him or korpisalo without fear of getting picked up and maybe some team loses a goalie and we end up trading him for a song with a mill retained for a year.

All this to say it’s dumb to pay to get rid of Forsberg.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think they'll buy our korpi

I wouldn’t. I doubt the sens are a cap team at the end of the day. Not with Ullmark at 5. Maybe next year they will but not this year.
You’re better off crying him, hoping he plays himself into some other team having interest and retain maybe a mill in a trade to some other team.

It be idiotic to buy him out at this stage.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

This is idiotic.

Yes, chychrun, OR the pick.

No way both because let’s look at it this way.
The sens lost on market rom in comparison to what NJ was offering. Why would they turn around and pay almost double what they likely offered to NJ?

Makes no sense.
It’s gonna likely be a first OR chychrun, Forsberg (which is neutral), and an average prospect.
Forsberg might not be included in the trade if it means they have to pay for it. A buyout of Forsberg is less than a million for 2 years.
They can carry 3 goalies to start the season and waive him or korpisalo without fear of getting picked up and maybe some team loses a goalie and we end up trading him for a song with a mill retained for a year.

All this to say it’s dumb to pay to get rid of Forsberg.

I don’t think Forsberg would affect the return either way. An extended ullmark would be worth two late firsts or a first and second, so that’s why I think chychrun and a first is fair.

Markstrom is four years older and has no extension, so he would be worth less than an extended ullmark

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

5 x $7M per is the asking price apparently

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum