GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 54 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I would be happy to pick Iginla in addition to some of the other guys, but if he’s available to us, it would make total sense to try to swindle Calgary into swapping picks and getting Markstrom out of it

I like the logic. Not a huge fan of markstrom. Much rather paying more and landing Saros (with an extension in place). But if we’re talking about swapping 1st that’s just a step back 2.
I’m not giving up the 7th overall for markstrom

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I would be happy to pick Iginla in addition to some of the other guys, but if he’s available to us, it would make total sense to try to swindle Calgary into swapping picks and getting Markstrom out of it

I like the logic. Not a huge fan of markstrom. Much rather paying more and landing Saros (with an extension in place). But if we’re talking about swapping 1st that’s just a step back 2.

It’s not giving up 7th, it would be a package involving their 1st and Markstrom. I’m not sure how you make it work, but I’d rather have Markstrom than anything we have. Even if it’s just for one year.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It’s not giving up 7th, it would be a package involving their 1st and Markstrom. I’m not sure how you make it work, but I’d rather have Markstrom than anything we have. Even if it’s just for one year.

the rumoured price for maelstrom is insane and absolutely not worth it for just one year. there's better trades out there for younger guys. if maelstrom had a 3 year contract it be ok but some fool of a GM is gonna sign him till he's 40 and top dollar and get fired fo it in 2 years.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My preference is ullmark for chych. One for one.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It really sounds like Dickinson is our guy

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It really sounds like Dickinson is our guy

Based on what?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It really sounds like Dickinson is our guy

Based on what?

From what I've been reading, his interview with TSN, what we're looking for in terms of a d-man/skill-set, Staios and Andlauer's OHL bias, etc. I just don't see them taking a gamble on Parekh and I'm not sure Buium or Iginla make it to #7 though I'd be thrilled with either of them too. Anaheim is also rumored to not have interest in any of the top Russians which might turn this draft upside down. My only issue taking a LHD is that they're a dime a dozen and I am not sure they're worth the draft capital given our roster's depth at the position. But someone like Buium who is on par with Makar stats-wise is totally with the gamble. And I suppose Dickinson is too if the Sens think he'll project to a sure-thing top four d.

I think the key to our off-season is Chychrun. Do we keep him? Trade him for a player who can help us now (ex Ullmark)? A set of picks/prospects?

Why isn't Pinto signed yet?

What do we do with Brannstrom and Korpisalo?

I'm more intrigued about our roster changes this off-season than the draft and I can totally see Staios doing a mega deal this summer.

Boston is a team that interests me. They apparently have interest in Chych and Pinto, we have interest in Ullmark, Brandon Carlo would be a great fit here, and I've always liked Lysell who looks like he's ready to make the jump to the NHL.

Philly is another team that has a lot of pieces I covet. Oliver Bonk could be the RHD we need in a few years time. He's crazy good and plays with Dickinson in London. They had interest in Boucher last year (interest is probably gone now), had interest in Joseph (at a cost) and would be a good fit for Chych as well. I believe they are trying to offload Atkinson (one year left), apparently Farabee is on the block, Laughton would be a good fit here, they would probably take a flyer on Forsberg on a one-year deal given their poor goaltending depth, and they don't really have a top-flight d-man. They also have two firsts this year and may be interested in moving from 31 to 25 as part of a deal

I could see Carolina having interest in Norris if they can get health guarantees from medical. He can probably be acquired for cheap but it may disrupt the Sens locker room given he's best buds with Tkachuk.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I guess something else to consider is Parekh played a ton with Jorion Donovan this year and I suspect Shaun Donovan probably watched a ton of his games

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we trade for Ullmark without an extension, he’ll walk.
Carlo and ullmark for pinto and church run is a terrible trade.
If we desperately want Ullmark then he can be had for that late 1st.(which is in fact, their first rounder) they have no picks till the 4th round.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trade chychrun for a a 1st rounder and move along. Use it on another player if you must.

Why is no one talking about Bennington? He’s crazy but he’s decent, still young enough and has 3 years left on his contract.
I don’t think he costs an arm and a leg. A late first would definitely do it. Maybe throw in a guy like Jarvente.

Or you make a bigger deal and include Parayko. They were trying to unload him a couple years ago and he was pretty good last year. Good vet, has been to the cup.
They want to make their other guy their number 1.
Having a duo of Bennington and Korpi for 10 mill isn’t the worst thing I’ve heard.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ugh that markstrom trade stings

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I doubt Markstrom would have waived to come here anyway.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm glad he's not coming here.

apparently the tens have circled back to Ullmark

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Delete

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Delete

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yupp. I've heard their target is and always has been Ullmark.

There's also a potential super trade with Philly in the works (which I've talked about a few times now) involving our 7th and their 12th. I think it's a trade that could go down on draft day based on how the draft transpires. Apparently Konecny may be a part of it. I've heard Chabot's name tied to it as well though I don't think that actually makes sense for Ottawa or Philly, which is why I'm a bit sour on the source of this one. It's possible that the d-man linked to the trade is Brann and Boucher is added as a sweetener for something else. My gut feeling is we'll be acquiring Bonk as well in the return or Cam York if Chabot is indeed included.  I'm highly skeptical of this trade happening though I did want to share what I've heard (again)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sorry I seem to be having site issues today

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. I've heard their target is and always has been Ullmark.

There's also a potential super trade with Philly in the works (which I've talked about a few times now) involving our 7th and their 12th. I think it's a trade that could go down on draft day based on how the draft transpires. Apparently Konecny may be a part of it. I've heard Chabot's name tied to it as well though I don't think that actually makes sense for Ottawa or Philly, which is why I'm a bit sour on the source of this one. It's possible that the d-man linked to the trade is Brann and Boucher is added as a sweetener for something else. My gut feeling is we'll be acquiring Bonk as well in the return or Cam York if Chabot is indeed included.  I'm highly skeptical of this trade happening though I did want to share what I've heard (again)

What kind of source? Because trading chabot would go against everything else we’ve heard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 54 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum