GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+16
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
spader
Fulcrum
Flo The Action
Hoags
SensHulk
wprager
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Ev
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:The Sens will try to trade Francois Brassard's rights, or he will return to the draft
Umm... I think he gets a ton of time in the ECHL next year personally if he doesn't have any Jr left.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:The Sens will try to trade Francois Brassard's rights, or he will return to the draft

where did this come from? did the sens org release the info? or is that your presumptions?

The info came from Sylvain St Laurent and Renaud Lavoie on Twitter.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Don't think there is any reason not to sign him personally unless they really like Hogberg but he won't be coming over for some time now.  Wouldn't shock me if Brassard was moved to Colorado in a trade though.

How long do they have to sign him?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:id start next season without a captain. let one person play themselves into that role.

That's another option that I'm on board with.

Pretty much as long as Spezza isn't the Captain come October, I'm happy.

Think you will be pissed come Oct.

Yep, probably.

Maybe they can send Spezza on advanced Captain training.

Did they do that for Alfie? He struggled with the captaincy at the beginning as well.

We don't know what goes on the room. We don't know what the relationship is with the other players.

Now McLean did say in his first two seasons, that he relied a lot on Alfie.. Now Spezza is new to being a captain.. and let's face it.. he's a different player and personality than Alfie.. and McLean could not rely on Spezza.. the same way.. It will be an adjustment period for both.

If the captaincy is removed from Spezza.. then Spezza is gone.. and Hemsky won't re-sign.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Don't think there is any reason not to sign him personally unless they really like Hogberg but he won't be coming over for some time now.  Wouldn't shock me if Brassard was moved to Colorado in a trade though.

Well he's nothing special in my opinion, I don't see an NHL goalie , and they don't really have room for him in the org I think. Driedger and Hammond next year in AHL.

Not sure but any time before the draft I guess.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Don't think there is any reason not to sign him personally unless they really like Hogberg but he won't be coming over for some time now.  Wouldn't shock me if Brassard was moved to Colorado in a trade though.

Maybe Hammond became better than they thought. Driedger will be another goalie in Bingo.. most likely.. Lawson, gone maybe? Do we know what is happening with Hogberg. Too many goalies? Too little spots?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:If the captaincy is removed from Spezza.. then Spezza is gone.. and Hemsky won't re-sign.

If Hemsky only wants to stick around because of Spezza, than Hemsky would be part of the problem instead of the solution. I think Hemsky will resign if the term and dollars are right, which, honestly, I'm not sure would be the right move for the Sens.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:

Maybe Hammond became better than they thought.  Driedger will be another goalie in Bingo.. most likely..  Lawson, gone maybe?  Do we know what is happening with Hogberg.  Too many goalies?  Too little spots?

Lawson is gone for sure.  Hogberg has a few years before he comes over and there is no rush, let a guy like that develop at his own pace.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:

Well he's nothing special in my opinion, I don't see an NHL goalie , and they don't really have room for him in the org I think. Driedger and Hammond next year in AHL.

Not sure but any time before the draft I guess.

Lots of NHL goalie prospects play in the ECHL where they can develop, that's a great place for a young goalie because they will get a ton of games against better players vs the CHL.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

loool

"I'd take a healthy Spezza over Toews, and a lot of people would take Kane over Toews also (myself included)."

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:id start next season without a captain. let one person play themselves into that role.

That's another option that I'm on board with.

Pretty much as long as Spezza isn't the Captain come October, I'm happy.

Think you will be pissed come Oct.

Yep, probably.

Maybe they can send Spezza on advanced Captain training.

Did they do that for Alfie?  He struggled with the captaincy at the beginning as well.  

We don't know what goes on the room.  We don't know what the relationship is with the other players.

Now McLean did say in his first two seasons, that he relied a lot on Alfie..  Now Spezza is new to being a captain.. and let's face it.. he's a different player and personality than Alfie.. and McLean could not rely on Spezza.. the same way..  It will be an adjustment period for both.

If the captaincy is removed from Spezza.. then Spezza is gone.. and Hemsky won't re-sign.

Then you can start to build the team the right way.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:loool

"I'd take a healthy Spezza over Toews, and a lot of people would take Kane over Toews also (myself included)."

I don't even need to ask or look and I know exactly who said that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mother of god.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

I don't even need to ask or look and I know exactly who said that.

That's actually pretty bang on. Take away Toeseses supporting cast and watch him flounder.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There is literally no argument for preferring Spezza to Toews. What a lunatic

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum