GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t believe there are so many losers who jerk off to Shawn Simpson. What a garbage human being.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t watch that much hockey other than the sens so I don’t know if this is just standard now, but I find the sens players look at their iPads and Dung way too much. Get rid of that Dung and just play.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The next 9 games are offering the biggest chance for the Sens to catch up. Teams overperforming, underperforming, teams trying to find an identity.
If they can’t squeeze 10-12 points out of the next 18. I think the climb might be too great to legitimately fight for a playoff spot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs at home, Canucks at home the next day. And then Calgary. Getting 3 points I. These games is, both, optimistic and insufficient. DJ should make sure he has a return ticket when he goes to Sweden.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m calling it now. Chabot will be traded for Nugent Hopkins at some point this year

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If stutzle had elite IQ he’d be one of the best in the league. Alas this guy is a bit dumb in that department

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This leafs roster is not good. How does anyone think they would win a cup?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Batherson is just useless right now. Playing like a guy scared he’s gonna get suspended or something

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Korpisalo deserves way better stats this year. He’s been good.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Reaves is such a bad player. This leafs team is awfully built

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Leafs at home, Canucks at home the next day. And then Calgary. Getting 3 points I. These games is, both, optimistic and insufficient. DJ should make sure he has a return ticket when he goes to Sweden.

Good start. 4 points very much possible now. Hopefully Canucks are living the high life in Kanata tonight.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JBD had a good game and is looking real good as of late . Hannonic too stepped up today, +4 on the night. Fans have been hating on JBD for no reason, he’s a rookie who is just learning how to play in the league and right now he’s looking defensively solid

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I’m calling it now. Chabot will be traded for Nugent Hopkins at some point this year

Mmmhhh… for how questionable Chabot has been, I’m not sure I’d want to sacrifice our depth even more on D.

Plus, Im not sure that’s a return we need once pinto is back.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I’m calling it now. Chabot will be traded for Nugent Hopkins at some point this year

Mmmhhh… for how questionable Chabot has been, I’m not sure I’d want to sacrifice our depth even more on D.

RNH is predominantly a winger now (when Edmonton splits mcdavid and drai) and has a cheap long term deal. Saves almost $3 million per year in cap space. I think it actually makes sense for both teams although I assume Edmonton would have to dump cap.

RNH-Norris-Batherson
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Joseph-Pinto-Tarasenko
Kubalik-Greig-whoever

Sanderson-Zub
Chychrun-JBD
Brannstrom-Hamonic
Kleven

That forward lineup is deep.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

RNH is predominantly a winger now (when Edmonton splits mcdavid and drai) and has a cheap long term deal. Saves almost $3 million per year in cap space. I think it actually makes sense for both teams although I assume Edmonton would have to dump cap.

RNH-Norris-Batherson
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Joseph-Pinto-Tarasenko
Kubalik-Greig-whoever

Sanderson-Zub
Chychrun-JBD
Brannstrom-Hamonic
Kleven

And what do we do when chychrun gets injured half the year?
We suddenly look really week.
This is a deal that could make sense a year or two from now.
Not now. I prefer our depth at D than having another winger who can score. Scoring isn’t really the issue here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

RNH-Norris-Batherson
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Joseph-Pinto-Tarasenko
Kubalik-Greig-whoever

Sanderson-Zub
Chychrun-JBD
Brannstrom-Hamonic
Kleven

And what do we do when chychrun gets injured half the year?
We suddenly look really week.
This is a deal that could make sense a year or two from now.
Not now. I prefer our depth at D than having another winger who can score. Scoring isn’t really the issue here.

I also don't want a 35+ RNH on my team. We have Chabot for the long-run IMO.

We have $5M in dead cap space off the books next year, and I don't see a situation where Brannstrom is back. I see Kubalik coming back if he wants something reasonable, and I don't know what Tarasenko will decide to do. Fun fact - Tarasenko is slightly off-pace for having a career year and has a team high in +/-.

Pinto will sign his QO this year, and we'll see what happens with him after though I suspect he'll sign short-term deal. Greig and Jarventie are on their ELCs next year and I suspect MacEwen will get buried. So we should have some cap flex. I know the Sanderson deal kicks in but it's wash with the dead cap space and the rumored increase in the cap. Float money is Kubalik, Tarasenko, Brannstrom, Chartier or approx $10M.

Future d-core is some combo of Chabot-Sanderson-Chychrun-Zub with Kleven splashed in there. I do think they need to separate Chych from Chabot and play their 3 LHDs on different lines... even if it means Chabot is on the third pairing. It shouldn't matter.

I also think we see Patrick Roy as GM, and he'll take over interim coaching duties if needed. But I think DJ is here to stay - for now anyway. Next GM should have zero allegiances to the players unlike Dorion who refered to Kleven as a son... super weird.

Happy to see the Sens embarrass Toronto on the road. That's a huge win. I don't know what to expect tonight although expectations aren't high. Also nice to see Stutzle and Giroux with good games.

Batherson needs to figure his game out soon or he may be the guy getting moved for defensive help.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dobson for Batherson - who says no?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dobson for Batherson - who says no?

Easily islanders.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum