GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not sure why Forsberg is never brought up as the guy to move. It would take nothing out of our offense

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lose two games in a row and the sky is falling and the coaches should be fired…are you kidding me?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it was pretty much media fed before the season even began.

they kept saying that if the team isn't up to a hot start, the coach would be on the hot seat.

these were two winnable games. buffalo got beat by Montreal yesterday and we should have taken advantage of a back to back.

this is not a good look to who we are losing to.

I don't think it will take too much time before a change in coaching gets done.

and I'm gonna call it now, it will be the assistant going as interim and Dorion might be getting the axe too.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I think it was pretty much media fed before the season even began.

they kept saying that if the team isn't up to a hot start, the coach would be on the hot seat.

these were two winnable games. buffalo got beat by Montreal yesterday and we should have taken advantage of a back to back.

and I'm gonna call it now, it will be the assistant going as interim and Dorion might be getting the axe too.
Wanting or expecting a coaching change at 3-3 is absurd. If they go on a huge losing streak that’s a different story

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I think it was pretty much media fed before the season even began.

Wanting or expecting a coaching change at 3-3 is absurd. If they go on a huge losing streak that’s a different story

That leash is slowly getting tighter. This team wants to make playoffs, they won’t accept a situation if we loose 4 of the next 5 games.
They do not want a repeat of last year.

Our schedule isn’t exactly easy till the end of November.

This could happen sooner than you think.

Not to mention the Pinto situation is becoming embarrassing for Dorion.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

That leash is slowly getting tighter. This team wants to make playoffs, they won’t accept a situation if we loose 4 of the next 5 games.
They do not want a repeat of last year.

Our schedule isn’t exactly easy till the end of November.

This could happen sooner than you think.

Not to mention the Pinto situation is becoming embarrassing for Dorion.

Yeah like I said if they suddenly lose a lot of games coming up then that’s a different story

Try are currently in a playoff spot and it’s October 24 - not nearly enough time to make a coaching move and not reason to.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The funny situation we’re in is that both coach and GM are on the hot seat.
You won’t really can both at the same time and you certainly can’t can the coach only to possibly can the GM the same year.

Maybe they can the GM first and let a GM find another coach before the end of November but that’s a lot of insecurities and it could really muck up a season.

Maybe Dorion remains till the end of the year (he better find a quick resolution to the pinto situation because with every passing day, that guillotiner hangs over his head)
And then hire Boudreau ona a two year?

He’s not the high priced, high demand coach he once was.
Came on a one year last time in Van.
Hire him on a two year.
He always has his teams on a hot start when he comes in.
I think he’d do well here.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No idea but Patrick Roy makes a lot of sense

Still think they’ll give DJ a lot of leash. If they were going to fire him this quickly they would have just done it in the summer. DH will get at least 20 games

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Holy Dung reading hf and Twitter shows how dumb our fanbase can be. How do you watch the game on Saturday and think the sens played terribly? I don’t understand. Like yeah the score sucked but the are still clearly headed in the right direction

Wings pumped Calgary too. We outplayed them Saturday.
- We won 62% of faceoffs
- Out hit them 20-12
- Out shot them 37-23

Wings PP was the difference. They made good on all their scoring opportunities.  We're the better team

We out-shot, out-hit, out-drew the Sabres as well. Even scored just as many PP goals. Does that mean we are better than them as well?

This team plays well when it has confidence. They play a decent system. But when their confidence is shot they regress to all the mistakes they've been making for the last 5 years. Flipping goalies every game is not working. DJ telling Korpisalo he's starting the 3rd but somehow forgetting to tell his starter is just unacceptable. I can see a rookie coach surviving a mistake like this but a guy who's been here for six years and has been in the hot seat the last two seasons and with a new owner and POHO -- can DJ survive this? Better question, should he?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Holy Dung reading hf and Twitter shows how dumb our fanbase can be. How do you watch the game on Saturday and think the sens played terribly? I don’t understand. Like yeah the score sucked but the are still clearly headed in the right direction

Wings pumped Calgary too. We outplayed them Saturday.
- We won 62% of faceoffs
- Out hit them 20-12
- Out shot them 37-23

Wings PP was the difference. They made good on all their scoring opportunities.  We're the better team

We out-shot, out-hit, out-drew the Sabres as well.  Even scored just as many PP goals.  Does that mean we are better than them as well?  

This team plays well when it has confidence.  They play a decent system.  But when their confidence is shot they regress to all the mistakes they've been making for the last 5 years.  Flipping goalies every game is not working.  DJ telling Korpisalo he's starting the 3rd but somehow forgetting to tell his starter is just unacceptable.  I can see a rookie coach surviving a mistake like this but a guy who's been here for six years and has been in the hot seat the last two seasons and with a new owner and POHO -- can DJ survive this?  Better question, should he?  

It was a different game. They were better against Detroit. Yesterday’s game wasn’t terrible but they piled it on at the end. Fans are way overreacting over two losses.

The goalie change thing is BS. Just a simple miscommunication or Forsberg didn’t hear or whatever. That’s nothing fireable, nor is it a big deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m not saying DJ is fired after next game but I wouldn’t be surprised if the POHO is starting the process of reaching out and examining candidates to replace both Dorion and DJ.
Heck, the POHO could probably step in to Dorion’s shoes, clean up the pinto situation with a cost people don’t like putting the blame on Dorion’s mismanagement and get away with it.

It’s truly unacceptable that Dorion hasn’t managed to get Pinto on this team.

In the end something has to give. And it won’t take us to get to the 20 goal mark if things continue this way.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I’m not saying DJ is fired after next game but I wouldn’t be surprised if the POHO is starting the process of reaching out and examining candidates to replace both Dorion and DJ.
Heck, the POHO could probably step in to Dorion’s shoes, clean up the pinto situation with a cost people don’t like putting the blame on Dorion’s mismanagement and get away with it.

It’s truly unacceptable that Dorion hasn’t managed to get Pinto on this team.

In the end something has to give. And it won’t take us to get to the 20 goal mark if things continue this way.

How do we know pinto isnt demanding an egregious amount? I have a feeling that’s the case. Moving salary ain’t hard to do.

If things continue what way?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well I was sort of right about pinto

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm not sure I understand what Pinto is being accused of. Gambling but not gambling on NHL games?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This might be the reason he wasn’t signed yet.
Waiting for the result of the investigation.

It all makes a certain amount of sense now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I guess it makes sense. But man I can't help but feel like the wheels are starting to come off. Norris goes down and we're screwed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I guess it makes sense. But man I can't help but feel like the wheels are starting to come off. Norris goes down and we're screwed.

Then they can make a trade. In the meantime Greig is adequate

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I guess it makes sense. But man I can't help but feel like the wheels are starting to come off. Norris goes down and we're screwed.

Then they can make a trade. In the meantime Greig is adequate

And if by January Greig looks like he can fully replace Pinto they might trade pinto to adress another area of weakness

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum