GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Holy Dung reading hf and Twitter shows how dumb our fanbase can be. How do you watch the game on Saturday and think the sens played terribly? I don’t understand. Like yeah the score sucked but the are still clearly headed in the right direction

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Holy Dung reading hf and Twitter shows how dumb our fanbase can be. How do you watch the game on Saturday and think the sens played terribly? I don’t understand. Like yeah the score sucked but the are still clearly headed in the right direction

Wings pumped Calgary too. We outplayed them Saturday.
- We won 62% of faceoffs
- Out hit them 20-12
- Out shot them 37-23

Wings PP was the difference. They made good on all their scoring opportunities. We're the better team

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Holy Dung reading hf and Twitter shows how dumb our fanbase can be. How do you watch the game on Saturday and think the sens played terribly? I don’t understand. Like yeah the score sucked but the are still clearly headed in the right direction

- We won 62% of faceoffs
- Out hit them 20-12
- Out shot them 37-23

Wings PP was the difference. They made good on all their scoring opportunities.  We're the better team

Some people are just Cussing clowns. The red wings roster isn’t close to ottawas, and I don’t care about their prospects when most won’t make the nhl.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Get Forsberg back in there. Korpisalo can't seem to string two good games in a row. Also points to how important Zub is on the PK.

Forsberg will start next game but people Dung on korpisalo after three games is quite challenged

It's 5 games, counting the pre-season, and the pattern is alternating good/great games and Dung the bed.  

Preseason is irrelevant but he was excellent in preseason.

Not every goalie starting with a new team will be awesome right away. He just needs to provide average goaltending to be worth his contract

He had one really bad game and followed up with a shutout stopping a lot of shots. That pattern of bad-good has continued into the regular season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Umm, they were terrible. Lots of shots doesn't mean they played great. The goalie saw most of the shots, so we didn't have the forwards going to the crease and screening. And too many missed assignments in their own zone. With only a few exceptions they abandoned their defensive play. Also *way* too many penalties (but that's not all on them); those refs were pretty bad and made the game almost impossible to flow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

- We won 62% of faceoffs
- Out hit them 20-12
- Out shot them 37-23

Wings PP was the difference. They made good on all their scoring opportunities.  We're the better team

Some people are just Cussing clowns. The red wings roster isn’t close to ottawas, and I don’t care about their prospects when most won’t make the nhl.

Wings are top-4 in the league and dummied us, so I don't think you can say we're the better team just because we outshot them. Remember the Soviet teams in the 70s/80s? The passed a lot looking for a perfect shot and their shots on goal were really low. If you just read the box score the next morning you'd think they were outclassed and Tretiak just stole it for them.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Trying to get onboard with the Morgan Frost rumors. Not a fan but the Sens need cap space.

For those wondering its pinto and Joseph for Frost and I suspect another piece our way

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

- We won 62% of faceoffs
- Out hit them 20-12
- Out shot them 37-23

Wings are top-4 in the league and dummied us, so I don't think you can say we're the better team just because we outshot them.  Remember the Soviet teams in the 70s/80s?  The passed a lot looking for a perfect shot and their shots on goal were really low.  If you just read the box score the next morning you'd think they were outclassed and Tretiak just stole it for them.
because  they didn’t dummy us if you actually watched the game. And being top of the league is meaningless right now.it wasn’t just the shot count, we were better in every area except special teams

Last edited by Ev on Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Trying to get onboard with the Morgan Frost rumors. Not a fan but the Sens need cap space.

For those wondering its pinto and Joseph for Frost and I suspect another piece our way

Given I’ve never see or heard this rumour, highly doubtful

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Trying to get onboard with the Morgan Frost rumors. Not a fan but the Sens need cap space.

Where is this coming from?

I think it’s in Ottawa’s best interest to sign Pinto.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They're unsubstantiated. Similar to Boston or the Isles having interest in Pinto. Rumor mongering. No different than me stating right here that the Sens should trade for Boqvist.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They're unsubstantiated. Similar to Boston or the Isles having interest in Pinto. Rumor mongering. No different than me stating right here that the Sens should trade for Boqvist.

Well that’s not a rumour then lol

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Forsberg isn’t better than korpisalo

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This fanbase is cancer when the sens don’t win my god

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fire DJ chants are embarrassing

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not sure why Forsberg is never brought up as the guy to move. It would take nothing out of our offense

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lose two games in a row and the sky is falling and the coaches should be fired…are you kidding me?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it was pretty much media fed before the season even began.

they kept saying that if the team isn't up to a hot start, the coach would be on the hot seat.

these were two winnable games. buffalo got beat by Montreal yesterday and we should have taken advantage of a back to back.

this is not a good look to who we are losing to.

I don't think it will take too much time before a change in coaching gets done.

and I'm gonna call it now, it will be the assistant going as interim and Dorion might be getting the axe too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum