GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Damn this team is good

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Don't want to dung on everyone's parade but this is how the Sens started last year. Things went south after a 4-1 homestand...

The team still needs to win on the road. The Sens had the 10th best home record last year... Matchups shouldn't be as much an issue this year so we have that on our side.

Glad it took only 3 games for DJ to put Sandy on PP1. Maybe he is willing to listen to the analytics folks

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Don't want to dung on everyone's parade but this is how the Sens started last year. Things went south after a 4-1 homestand...

The team still needs to win on the road. The Sens had the 10th best home record last year... Matchups shouldn't be as much an issue this year so we have that on our side.

Glad it took only 3 games for DJ to put Sandy on PP1. Maybe he is willing to listen to the analytics folks

They look completely different than last year. It’s not just winning, it’s how they’re winning, and they even looked good for large stretches of the Carolina loss. And their goaltending is drastically improved

I actually don’t agree with moving Chabot off the power play. Would rather him there than Sanderson

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Don't want to dung on everyone's parade but this is how the Sens started last year. Things went south after a 4-1 homestand...

They look completely different than last year. It’s not just winning, it’s how they’re winning, and they even looked good for large stretches of the Carolina loss. And their goaltending is drastically improved

I actually don’t agree with moving Chabot off the power play. Would rather him there than Sanderson

My beef with Chabot is that he 'seems' lazy. Honestly he's probably gassed and I can't blame him, but often instead of racing to keep a puck in the offensive zone he doesn't hold the line, skates the puck back to the red line (sometimes our blue line), and the powerplay needs to reset. It kills offensive zone time and leads to another zone entry and challenges maintaining control of the puck. It's much different with Sandy. He's much better at keeping the puck in and he seems to get his shots off faster

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

Curious as to why. This team draws a lot of penalties (last year 2nd in PP goals but 10th on PP%). Chabot gets tons of ice time because he is PP1. We all agree his ice time is too high.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Curious as to why. This team draws a lot of penalties (last year 2nd in PP goals but 10th on PP%). Chabot gets tons of ice time because he is PP1. We all agree his ice time is too high.

We also have to consider how good our PP2 is. We can deploy Giroux, Tarasenko, Greig/Kubalik/Pinto/Joseph, Chabot and Chychrun. That's a pretty damn good PP2

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Game today is really showing the wings are not in the sens league. Their only chance was a pp goal on a garbage penalty call

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a weird game. Sens clearly the better team and doubling in shots yet it’s 5-1. What a joke

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Get Forsberg back in there. Korpisalo can't seem to string two good games in a row. Also points to how important Zub is on the PK.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Buffalo wilI be playing on a back to back night. Gotta have that game

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Get Forsberg back in there. Korpisalo can't seem to string two good games in a row. Also points to how important Zub is on the PK.

Forsberg will start next game but people Dung on korpisalo after three games is quite challenged

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Get Forsberg back in there. Korpisalo can't seem to string two good games in a row. Also points to how important Zub is on the PK.

Forsberg will start next game but people Dung on korpisalo after three games is quite challenged

It's 5 games, counting the pre-season, and the pattern is alternating good/great games and Dung the bed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

It's 5 games, counting the pre-season, and the pattern is alternating good/great games and Dung the bed.  

Preseason is irrelevant but he was excellent in preseason.

Not every goalie starting with a new team will be awesome right away. He just needs to provide average goaltending to be worth his contract

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also Zub doesn’t play first PK

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whatever happens with the season, I’m pretty sure forsberg and korpisalo will likely end up splitting the starts on average.
I’m quite ok with that.
Korpisalo has never had the workload of a starter in the NHL. If we use two guys, that’s absolutely fine by me. As long as they both play above 0.900

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Holy Dung reading hf and Twitter shows how dumb our fanbase can be. How do you watch the game on Saturday and think the sens played terribly? I don’t understand. Like yeah the score sucked but the are still clearly headed in the right direction

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Holy Dung reading hf and Twitter shows how dumb our fanbase can be. How do you watch the game on Saturday and think the sens played terribly? I don’t understand. Like yeah the score sucked but the are still clearly headed in the right direction

Wings pumped Calgary too. We outplayed them Saturday.
- We won 62% of faceoffs
- Out hit them 20-12
- Out shot them 37-23

Wings PP was the difference. They made good on all their scoring opportunities. We're the better team

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Holy Dung reading hf and Twitter shows how dumb our fanbase can be. How do you watch the game on Saturday and think the sens played terribly? I don’t understand. Like yeah the score sucked but the are still clearly headed in the right direction

Wings pumped Calgary too. We outplayed them Saturday.
- We won 62% of faceoffs
- Out hit them 20-12
- Out shot them 37-23

Wings PP was the difference. They made good on all their scoring opportunities.  We're the better team

Some people are just Cussing clowns. The red wings roster isn’t close to ottawas, and I don’t care about their prospects when most won’t make the nhl.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum