GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:If we traded Kublik would it be crazy to do a pinto bath and Norris line? Brady Stu and Giroux is good and last two games vladdy Greig and Joseph has looked good.

Everything is possible. Especially if we want to put Norris in a position to take less faceoffs.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:If we traded Kublik would it be crazy to do a pinto bath and Norris line? Brady Stu and Giroux is good and last two games vladdy Greig and Joseph has looked good.

Everything is possible. Especially if we want to put Norris in a position to take less faceoffs.

I just Bath making plays and Chartier and Kubalik can't seem to keep with him

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Whoever they end up trading, I’m sure certain GMs are licking their lips trying to get them for cheap or at Ottawa’s cost.

Well they dominated the last two games without pinto, so not sure if theres urgency right now

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I just Bath making plays and Chartier and Kubalik can't seem to keep with him

I was thinking the same thing. Norris as the LW. Would keep hom off faceoffs. And he played LW next to Logan Brown in Belleville. Pinto in the middle. Bath on the right

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Whoever they end up trading, I’m sure certain GMs are licking their lips trying to get them for cheap or at Ottawa’s cost.

Well they dominated the last two games without pinto, so not sure if theres urgency right now

No but imagine a situation where you can replace kubalik and Chartier with Pinto and Norris, and save money

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:My guess is something happens tomorrow

According to the radio guys this morning Pinto has left the city, gone back to Long Island. To me that signals that Norris is getting ready to return and Pinto will be sitting a little longer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

According to the radio guys this morning Pinto has left the city, gone back to Long Island.  To me that signals that Norris is getting ready to return and Pinto will be sitting a little longer.

I don’t think it signals anything, it’s an hour away lol

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

According to the radio guys this morning Pinto has left the city, gone back to Long Island.  To me that signals that Norris is getting ready to return and Pinto will be sitting a little longer.

Well it's more like 8-9 hours away haha.

I think what I'd love to see is Norris back but as a LW. It's clear to me that Batherson is struggling with Chartier and Kubalik. He's creating a ton of offense with nothing to show for it. I haven't been all that impressed with Kubalik, and think Jarventie is a good replacement for him longer-term.

I'd love to see a Norris-Pinto-Batherson line...

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Joseph-Greig-Tarasenko
Kelly-Kastelic-Smejkal
Extra: MacEwen

- By moving Kubalik you'd have enough to sign Pinto, send Chartier down, and call up Smejkal.
- It puts Norris on the wing and he wouldn't have to take faceoffs
- It gives Batherson speed and two people to play with
- You keep our best PKer (Joseph) and our insurance policy on defense (Brannstrom)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

OK, then, explain why he came to Ottawa in the first place. Pretty much everyone took that as a signal a deal was close. And then explain why he left. Well, not *explain* so much as offer a different interpretation which is consistent with your theory of why he came here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Well it's more like 8-9 hours away haha.

I think what I'd love to see is Norris back but as a LW. It's clear to me that Batherson is struggling with Chartier and Kubalik. He's creating a ton of offense with nothing to show for it. I haven't been all that impressed with Kubalik, and think Jarventie is a good replacement for him longer-term.

I'd love to see a Norris-Pinto-Batherson line...

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Joseph-Greig-Tarasenko
Kelly-Kastelic-Smejkal
Extra: MacEwen

- By moving Kubalik you'd have enough to sign Pinto, send Chartier down, and call up Smejkal.
- It puts Norris on the wing and he wouldn't have to take faceoffs
- It gives Batherson speed and two people to play with
- You keep our best PKer (Joseph) and our insurance policy on defense (Brannstrom)

I was saying something similar yesterday -- move Kubalik and play Norris on the wing. The added bonus of bringing up Smejkal is gravy.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

OK, then, explain why he came to Ottawa in the first place.  Pretty much everyone took that as a signal a deal was close.  And then explain why he left.  Well, not *explain* so much as offer a different interpretation which is consistent with your theory of why he came here.

My guess is they had a deal close for Joseph but they've like what they've seen from his thus far and Greig has started off well too. They may not have as pressing a need to get Pinto signed right now

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

OK, then, explain why he came to Ottawa in the first place.  Pretty much everyone took that as a signal a deal was close.  And then explain why he left.  Well, not *explain* so much as offer a different interpretation which is consistent with your theory of why he came here.

My guess is they had a deal close for Joseph but they've like what they've seen from his thus far and Greig has started off well too. They may not have as pressing a need to get Pinto signed right now

Norris was skating on the third line in practice with Kelly filling in on the top line for Stutzle (maintenance day) leading some reporters to speculate that Norris will play tomorrow (even though Dorion threw a bit of cold water on that). To me it looks like Kelly will be the odd man out with Norris (I guess they want MacEwen abd Kastelic in as a deterrent for Wilson). Not a fan if that is, indeed, how it plays out. Although MacEwen played better on Sunday I would take Kelly over either him or Kastelic.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. Kelly > MacEwen

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Joseph should need moved if you don’t have to add much. You can easily replace him

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Release the Norris! Behold, our new 3LC:

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Joseph - Greig - Tarasenko
Kubalik - Norris - Batherson
Kelly - Chartier - Kastelic

MacEwen sits. Glad I was wrong.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Damn this team is good

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Don't want to dung on everyone's parade but this is how the Sens started last year. Things went south after a 4-1 homestand...

The team still needs to win on the road. The Sens had the 10th best home record last year... Matchups shouldn't be as much an issue this year so we have that on our side.

Glad it took only 3 games for DJ to put Sandy on PP1. Maybe he is willing to listen to the analytics folks

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Don't want to dung on everyone's parade but this is how the Sens started last year. Things went south after a 4-1 homestand...

The team still needs to win on the road. The Sens had the 10th best home record last year... Matchups shouldn't be as much an issue this year so we have that on our side.

Glad it took only 3 games for DJ to put Sandy on PP1. Maybe he is willing to listen to the analytics folks

They look completely different than last year. It’s not just winning, it’s how they’re winning, and they even looked good for large stretches of the Carolina loss. And their goaltending is drastically improved

I actually don’t agree with moving Chabot off the power play. Would rather him there than Sanderson

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum