GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe the sens should play more of Forsberg going forward

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

100p. He's been the better goalie for sure.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I mean, unless the plan is to lose and grab a high pick.

I can’t imagine how we part ways with korpisalo even next year.
You have to somehow get him to play better and he’s not gonna do that from the bench.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not sure if the team plays better in front of him (blocked shots last night would seem to support that) or if Koprpisalo is lacking confidence in the team in front of him. Forget which game it was but the commentators mentioned that he appears to be out of position more than not, and it could be because he doesn't trust the team to take the pass and for him to concentrate on the shooter. It's like he's cheating to anticipate a pass and ends up missing the shot. Overtime against Florida was a good example. If he just glued himself to the post and trust his team-mates to take care of the potential pass it's a simple stop.

Whatever the case Forsberg has been the better option on most nights.

Weird stat from a podcast -- if you take the Sens record in games where the goalies have a SV% of .900 or better it extrapolates to a 113 point season. Of course that doesn't mean that if they stopped 9 out of every 10 shots they would be a juggernaut (some of those .900+ games it was significantly higher than .900). Still, makes you wonder.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

1 point back of the Habs with 3 games in hand. 3 back of Buffalo with 2 in hand. Win those games and we are chasing Tampa. Win the 4 games in hand on Tampa and we're still 6 points back. Dare to dream.

How is Montreal still ahead of us with a -45 goal differential is hard to understand.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:1 point back of the Habs with 3 games in hand.  3 back of Buffalo with 2 in hand.  Win those games and we are chasing Tampa.  Win the 4 games in hand on Tampa and we're still 6 points back.  Dare to dream.

How is Montreal still ahead of us with a -45 goal differential is hard to understand.

We're 9th in the league in goals per game and 6th in goals against per game... evident to me where our problems are

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if there's a way to pry Laf out of New York. If we offered Tarasenko with salary retained and our 1st, would they go for it ?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Love this: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-mock-trades-stars-get-chychrun-avalanche-land-net-help/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:1 point back of the Habs with 3 games in hand.  3 back of Buffalo with 2 in hand.  Win those games and we are chasing Tampa.  Win the 4 games in hand on Tampa and we're still 6 points back.  Dare to dream.

We're 9th in the league in goals per game  and 6th in goals against per game... evident to me where our problems are

I assume that was 6th highest in goals against per game.

It's been tough, but I still wonder why so many goalies have great years, come here and stink, then leave here and have a great year (Murray being the exception on both sides). They are playing better, defensively, but that hasn't solved Korpisalo's issues. Not to say that they are done improving their defensive game -- for instance, we really need to have L/R balance, especially in the top-4. We've got 3 top-4 D who are all lefties, and it's probably not much of a stretch that Zub (the only RD in the top 4) is better suited to the 3rd pairing for a contending team.

So, move on from Korpipsalo and get someone who can consistently save 9/10 shots or better, playing at least 40 games (Forsberg should be able to do another 20-25 and Sogaard 10-15). Then replace one of Chabot/Chychrun for a similar RHD -- preferably one who plays a sturdier game.

And then stay healthy down the middle and no more gambling.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I wonder if there's a way to pry Laf out of New York. If we offered Tarasenko with salary retained and our 1st, would they go for it ?

Why on earth would we give up our first for a guy that will most likely be a fringe top 6 forward.
His game is fine but he’s not worth it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Love this: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-mock-trades-stars-get-chychrun-avalanche-land-net-help/

I dunno. Seems underwhelming if you think of how high that first will be compared to what we paid for him.
I’m not gonna lie, I’d rather see a defence man come the other way and maybe that’s part of it. That chychrun contract is very sweet for other teams too and that should be factored in.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My guess heading into next season is that Crookshank and Kleven will make the Sens roster out of camp, and halladay will be a very esrly callup. All will be on ELCs. How do we plug and play vets into this lineup? I'm not sure i see Greig as a top six and see Halladay on Stutzles wing at some point.

Tkachuk-Pinto-xxxx
Greig-Stutzle-Giroux
Joseph-Norris-Batherson
Crookshank-Halladay-Kelly

Chabot-Chych
Sanderson-Zub
Kleven-JBD

I really do see a situation where we acquire Tanev and Chych or Chabot isn't around. I also see a situation where Norris isn't here

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I have Halliday making the team which I know a few people may not like. He was a standout at rookie camp and continues to be a point per game player on a 7-16-2 Ohio State team. He's outscored players like Pinto, Norris and Brady at the college level and he's already 6'3" 215 lbs. And of course he'll be on an entry level contract. He may very well be one of the better players in the NCAA if he had talent around him

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Theo Wallberg is another Sens prospect at Ohio State worth watching. LHD who is 6'5" 204lbs. 19 points in 32 games in his first year in the NCAA. 6th rd pick. Admittedly never heard of him. Second in d scoring to a 24 year old over ager

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think they need to have R/L balance at least in the top 4, which means moving Chychrun for a rightie. Chychrun's defensive game is not top 4 and I can't blame that on his partner because he's played with everyone. Even a slight downgrade which balances the pairings would be fine. Maybe JBD could move up next season?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

You should see Zayne Parekh's highlight package. Could be in Ottawa's draft range.

I'm getting used to the idea of not having Chych. Late 1st and two prospects (one forward, one D) would be my asking price. The price would be the same for Chabot

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:My guess heading into next season is that Crookshank and Kleven will make the Sens roster out of camp, and halladay will be a very esrly callup. All will be on ELCs. How do we plug and play vets into this lineup? I'm not sure i see Greig as a top six and see Halladay on Stutzles wing at some point.

Tkachuk-Pinto-xxxx
Greig-Stutzle-Giroux
Joseph-Norris-Batherson
Crookshank-Halladay-Kelly

Chabot-Chych
Sanderson-Zub
Kleven-JBD

I really do see a situation where we acquire Tanev and Chych or Chabot isn't around. I also see a situation where Norris isn't here

I don’t see a world where pinto is on the first line. Maybe, maybe maybe 2nd line if somehow they end up testing Norris on the wing. Or Norris is traded.

I also don’t think we go into the season with both Chychrun and chabot. Just my opinion.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I have Halliday making the team which I know a few people may not like. He was a standout at rookie camp and continues to be a point per game player on a 7-16-2 Ohio State team. He's outscored players like Pinto, Norris and Brady at the college level and he's already 6'3" 215 lbs. And of course he'll be on an entry level contract. He may very well be one of the better players in the NCAA if he had talent around him

Very few players make the jump straight out of NCAA right to the NHL. The number of games alone is hard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum