GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I guess it makes sense. But man I can't help but feel like the wheels are starting to come off. Norris goes down and we're screwed.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I guess it makes sense. But man I can't help but feel like the wheels are starting to come off. Norris goes down and we're screwed.

Then they can make a trade. In the meantime Greig is adequate

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I guess it makes sense. But man I can't help but feel like the wheels are starting to come off. Norris goes down and we're screwed.

And if by January Greig looks like he can fully replace Pinto they might trade pinto to adress another area of weakness

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

And if by January Greig looks like he can fully replace Pinto they might trade pinto to adress another area of weakness

I think pinto will be too valuable at his cheap rate when he returns

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Fire DJ chants are embarrassing

So is Forsberg coming out for the 3rd and Hamonic having to come out and tell him to hit the showers. Who on the bench is in charge of switching goalies? That's on the HC all day long. And that's on top of everything else we've endured the last six years. When things are going well this team is a wagon. When things aren't going well we see the same basic mistakes we've seen for 6 years. "Fire DJ" is embarrassing for DJ but it's not like it's unwarranted.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Lose two games in a row and the sky is falling and the coaches should be fired…are you kidding me?

You've got to look at these two losses in the greater context of the last six years. When he didn't have the horses he had an excuse. He's had more than enough the last two seasons. It's not that they lost, it's that when they lose we see the same mistakes we've been seeing for years under this coaching staff.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Lose two games in a row and the sky is falling and the coaches should be fired…are you kidding me?

You've got to look at these two losses in the greater context of the last six years.  When he didn't have the horses he had an excuse.  He's had more than enough the last two seasons.  It's not that they lost, it's that when they lose we see the same mistakes we've been seeing for years under this coaching staff.

Yet don’t hear a peep when they win in dominating fashion.

I’m sorry but nothing has shown the coaches deserve to be fired so far. Unless a new GM comes in and wants to hire his own people that’s a different story

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I disagree that the Forsberg miscommunication is not a big deal. It speaks to a breakdown in communication and is very embarrassing. And that's on top of everything else DJ has going for him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Regarding Pinto the CBA states: "Each Club *may* require its Players to abide by some or all of the rules set forth in the "Standard Club Rules" annexed hereto as Exhibit 14." And the Exhibit 14 point 2 says you can't gamble on any hockey games. I think both parts are very badly worded (should only apply to NHL games, not "hockey" games; the "may" and "some or all" is very loosey-goosey). But the biggest thing I find is there is no definition of what constitutes "'its Players" -- does a hockey player *not* under contract count as one of the Club's players? If not, then how can they suspend him? And if they can suspend him but he's not under contract, exactly what are they suspending him from?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

You've got to look at these two losses in the greater context of the last six years.  When he didn't have the horses he had an excuse.  He's had more than enough the last two seasons.  It's not that they lost, it's that when they lose we see the same mistakes we've been seeing for years under this coaching staff.

I’m sorry but nothing has shown the coaches deserve to be fired so far. Unless a new GM comes in and wants to hire his own people that’s a different story

Before this season even began, when they were asking what are the biggest concerns, mine was coaching. I used to be a DJ supporter for a number of years but there is nothing that has happened in the last 2 years (with good players) that shows me any improvement (besides the improvement in personnel, which is Dorion). Even when they were winning the three games in a row (let's not forget which teams those Ws came against) there were still concerns (Chabot on the right has been a bad experiment which should not have even been tried before trying out Chychrun; running around in their own end when pressuted, taking way too many penalties, Stutzle playing like he doesn't have linemates). Pretty sure someone here said not to get too excited because last year they did great in their early long homestand before the wheels came off).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Before this season even began, when they were asking what are the biggest concerns, mine was coaching.  I used to be a DJ supporter for a number of years but there is nothing that has happened in the last 2 years (with good players) that shows me any improvement (besides the improvement in personnel, which is Dorion).  Even when they were winning the three games in a row (let's not forget which teams those Ws came against) there were still concerns (Chabot on the right has been a bad experiment which should not have even been tried before trying out Chychrun; running around in their own end when pressuted, taking way too many penalties, Stutzle playing like he doesn't have linemates).  Pretty sure someone here said not to get too excited because last year they did great in their early long homestand before the wheels came off).

Let’s not forget who they beat? Philly is 11th in the NhL and Tampa is 9th.

Like I said if the wheels come off then there should be concern and coaches would be on the hot seat. They are not on the hot seat after being 3-3 and largely being good in most periods. The defnese and structure is much better than prior years

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm not suggesting the wheels are coming off solely in isolation of back to back ugly losses. We're an injury away from being no better than last year. Zub out two games and we let in 11 goals. Norris out and Greig becomes our 2C. We've had a dreadful history of bad coaches, bad signings, management missteps, etc that's made the last 6 years painful, and we've become socialized to the idea that things will go wrong based on recency bias. I'm not saying it will happen but I can't help shake that feeling

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Good news is pinto will make $800K pro rated and will be a free upgrade in early February.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stutzle has been beyond terrible this year. People need to stop blaming coaching for everything. Our top line has not been good

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Finally the lines have been changed and look real good so far

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Great game tonight especially down a D. Sturzle and Batherson need to wake the hell ip

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Wheels definitely squeaking right now

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The only coaching move I would make is not having bob jones as a coach anymore. How can he handle this? Just look at him on the bench.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum