GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Great game tonight especially down a D. Sturzle and Batherson need to wake the hell ip

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Wheels definitely squeaking right now

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The only coaching move I would make is not having bob jones as a coach anymore. How can he handle this? Just look at him on the bench.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Stutzle has been beyond terrible this year. People need to stop blaming coaching for everything. Our top line has not been good

Finally something I can agree with. I was saying yesterday that the need to break up the top line. Put Greig between Brady and Claude. Not sure if I want to break up the second line as well (Norris was brutal against Buffalo) and demote Timmy all the way down to the third line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:The only coaching move I would make is not having bob jones as a coach anymore. How can he handle this? Just look at him on the bench.

What are all the coaches and their responsibilities? What's Capuano doing?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is Zub back or still woozy? Brannstrom likely has a concussion and probably wrecked his shoulder as well. Would not surprise me if he misses a significant number of games. Is it time to waive Kubalik to gain a little breathing room for injury callups?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Is Zub back or still woozy?  Brannstrom likely has a concussion and probably wrecked his shoulder as well.  Would not surprise me if he misses a significant number of games.  Is it time to waive Kubalik to gain a little breathing room for injury callups?

Waive no - but if there's a trade option I'd consider it. He's had so many chances and either isn't ready for a pass, whiffs on it, or shoots the puck right at the goalie. And it's not like he has bad line mates... I think he deserves a bit of a longer leash though.

My guess is Brann goes on IR. That creates enough cap space to call up Kleven and Smejkal - though they probably call MacEwen back up (what a stupid signing...). Kastelic also had less than 4 minutes of ice time. Dude is absolutely lost out there. I wonder if they send him down. He's unimpressed me for long enough now. For context, Parker Kelly had 8+ minutes and Chartier just over 6 min.

Zone defense continues to be atrocious. There was one shift in the first where I counted three Sens players laying on the ice at the same time and the Isles players were skating around them like pylons. I'm pretty sure that's Capuano.

I don't want to overreact. We went 1 for 8 on the PP and Korpi had a 920 sv%. We convert on a few of those chances and it's a win. But man - that's 1st period was just terrible. Sucks about Brann but his injury actually gives the Sens a ton of options to improve their roster. Trying to look on the bright side here

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Is Zub back or still woozy?  Brannstrom likely has a concussion and probably wrecked his shoulder as well.  Would not surprise me if he misses a significant number of games.  Is it time to waive Kubalik to gain a little breathing room for injury callups?

Waive no - but if there's a trade option I'd consider it. He's had so many chances and either isn't ready for a pass, whiffs on it, or shoots the puck right at the goalie. And it's not like he has bad line mates... I think he deserves a bit of a longer leash though.

My guess is Brann goes on IR. That creates enough cap space to call up Kleven and Smejkal - though they probably call MacEwen back up (what a stupid signing...). Kastelic also had less than 4 minutes of ice time. Dude is absolutely lost out there. I wonder if they send him down. He's unimpressed me for long enough now. For context, Parker Kelly had 8+ minutes and Chartier just over 6 min.

Zone defense continues to be atrocious. There was one shift in the first where I counted three Sens players laying on the ice at the same time and the Isles players were skating around them like pylons. I'm pretty sure that's Capuano.

I don't want to overreact.  We went 1 for 8 on the PP and Korpi had a 920 sv%. We convert on a few of those chances and it's a win. But man - that's 1st period was just terrible. Sucks about Brann but his injury actually gives the Sens a ton of options to improve their roster. Trying to look on the bright side here

We only get space if brannstrom goes on long term injured reserve which is probably doubtful. MacEwen signing isn’t bad, he makes nothing and is not on our cap

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:The only coaching move I would make is not having bob jones as a coach anymore. How can he handle this? Just look at him on the bench.

What are all the coaches and their responsibilities?  What's Capuano doing?

He does defence. And I’m doing know what Jones does, but the guy looks like he can barely function

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Take breather. That’s ridiculous

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

He does defence. And I’m doing know what Jones does, but the guy looks like he can barely function

You know he's fighting ALS, right? Chris Snow continued being the Flames' AGM for a couple years until he passed, recently. I realize space behind the bench is limited, though, maybe, if he can't carry out his duties to the fullest extent they could move him upstairs as video coach (or assistant video coach).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

If they can't trade him they can waive him. 7 games playing 3rd line minutes (8th most ice time among forwards) with 0 points? You know who else has zero points? Kastelic, Brannstrom and JBD. If you waive Kubalik ($2.5M) you could bring up both Smejkal and Guenette (final cut on D).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Right now JBD is only here because he was the only one who fits under the emergency call up rules (you can recall someone who makes min+$100K and not worry about cap compliance). JBD is the only one (among the other NHL-ready D in Belleville) whose salary is low enough.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

You know he's fighting ALS, right?  Chris Snow continued being the Flames' AGM for a couple years until he passed, recently.  I realize space behind the bench is limited, though, maybe, if he can't carry out his duties to the fullest extent they could move him upstairs as video coach (or assistant video coach).

Yes I do know that. That’s why I said what I said. It’s sad but I don’t see how he can coach like that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chabot out 4-6 weeks so they’ll have tons of cap room for callups now

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

If they can't trade him they can waive him.  7 games playing 3rd line minutes (8th most ice time among forwards) with 0 points?  You know who else has zero points?  Kastelic, Brannstrom and JBD.  If you waive Kubalik ($2.5M) you could bring up both Smejkal and Guenette (final cut on D).  

Who says they even want to trade him?
I don’t think so.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Chabot out 4-6 weeks so they’ll have tons of cap room for callups now

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Walrus Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Walrus

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Win or lose tonight, the penguins are who I thought they were coming into the year. An underwhelming old team filled with players past their prime. Karlsson looks horrible and he’s on the Pk?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum