GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

https://x.com/TSN1200/status/1720810220685799785?t=fn6-71AtpFYZqv1PcSt5HQ&s=09

Tkachuk Stützle Joseph
Kubalik Norris Tarasenko
Batherson Jarventie Giroux
Kelly Chartier MacEwen

Sanderson Hamonic
Chychrun JBD
Kleven Matinpalo

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Kelly hasn't taken a penalty in 9 games. That's a welcomed change.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Etsy does everyone think of the England attempted hit on Stützle? My feeling is if Timmy doesn't fall it would have been a boarding call. From the rule book:

"A boarding penalty will be assessed to any Player who checks or pushes an unsuspecting opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently or dangerously."

There's nothing there about how many steps he takes (that would be charging). Timmy is turning and doesn't see the freight train until it's too late.

The accuracy of the pass from "Player #23" is pretty bad. That should have been off the boards so Stützle can take it on his back hand in full flight. Instead he has to stop and turn.

Was a clean hit for sure

You mean a "clean miss", right? If it was a hit it would have been boarding by definition.

Boarding is never called unless it’s from behind. There was nothing wrong with that attempt

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stutzle stole 64 million from the sens. Man he is awful and so are most of these players. This team does not have what it takes to ever win a cup with this group

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have always been behind dj and think he gets way too much hate by casual fans who don’t know the ins and outs of the game but you might as well get rid of him now. There’s no way they keep him next year anyway

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brady maybe you should stop staring down players when you’re losing by two goals

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

God the team has the worst fanbase by far.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boarding and checking from behind are separate rules. While you would be correct to say that most boarding calls are for hits to the numbers it is because that is the usual way for the player being hit to be unsuspecting of the impending hit.

https://youtu.be/HzZ-zdHM0rY?feature=shared

The above video is Wes McAuley explaining the rule. But once does he mention hitting from behind, and one of the examples shown is *not* from behind.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, who goes first: DJ or Woodcroft? In both cases it's unlikely the team has given much thought about replacement coaches until very recently. Big difference is the Oilers have had many *experienced* coaches before hiring a rookie, while the Senators have been trying mostly rookies for the last decade or more.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So, who goes first: DJ or Woodcroft? In both cases it's unlikely the team has given much thought about replacement coaches until very recently. Big difference is the Oilers have had many *experienced* coaches before hiring a rookie, while the Senators have been trying mostly rookies for the last decade or more.

I very much doubt Andlauer and staois have not given much thought about replacement coaches. They likely have one or two lined up.

Oilers are a way bigger problem than the sens. They have more high end talent who appear to be losers, and they don’t have injuries/susoensions like we do.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah, I think we're fast approaching coaching change. not that DJ is terrible or that the players aren't playing for him but this team probably needs a new approach than the one they've been going for for the last 5 years.

Boudreau always gets his team going.
he probably doesn't cost a team an arm and a leg anymore either and this new ownership is trying to make a splash and look good so I imagine they'll go for experience instead of a green NHL coach.

this team is hurting. between injuries and players not playing to their potential right now, something has to give. someone has to come in a kickstart Stutzle.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boudreau is fine but isn’t the answer. Short term guy at best

My personal choice would be Roy or Julien

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:yeah, I think we're fast approaching coaching change. not that DJ is terrible or that the players aren't playing for him but this team probably needs a new approach than the one they've been going for for the last 5 years.

he probably doesn't cost a team an arm and a leg anymore either and this new ownership is trying to make a splash and look good so I imagine they'll go for experience instead of a green NHL coach.

this team is hurting. between injuries and players not playing to their potential right now, something has to give. someone has to come in a kickstart Stutzle.

I 100% agree Stutzle is struggling, but he had super slow starts last year and the year before. He seems like he's over-handling the puck and trying to do too much himself. He's still quietly over a point a game along with Brady and Giroux. Tarasenko at a point per game. Sanderson and Chychrun a point below. Even Norris is at a point per game.

Injuries are hurting right now and Rourke Chartier should never be in an NHL lineup. Greig, Pinto, Zub, Branny, Chabot, Kastelic are all out. Those are key contributors. But it's our team defense that's the issue and that comes down to coaching.

Batherson also better figure out how to play defense. He's brutal out there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Boudreau is fine but isn’t the answer. Short term guy at best

My personal choice would be Roy or Julien

Roy maybe.
Julien is apparently a cancer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:yeah, I think we're fast approaching coaching change. not that DJ is terrible or that the players aren't playing for him but this team probably needs a new approach than the one they've been going for for the last 5 years.

I 100% agree Stutzle is struggling, but he had super slow starts last year and the year before. He seems like he's over-handling the puck and trying to do too much himself. He's still quietly over a point a game along with Brady and Giroux. Tarasenko at a point per game. Sanderson and Chychrun a point below. Even Norris is at a point per game.

Injuries are hurting right now and Rourke Chartier should never be in an NHL lineup. Greig, Pinto, Zub, Branny, Chabot, Kastelic are all out. Those are key contributors. But it's our team defense that's the issue and that comes down to coaching.

Batherson also better figure out how to play defense. He's brutal out there.

The points mean nothing for Tim. He has been awful, has one normal goal and like six primary assists. He’s easily been the sixth or seventh best forward. You are right though that I expect him to rebound as he normally is a slow starter. But he needs to mature and develop a more disciplined game.

We should honestly bring back formenton

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t believe there are so many losers who jerk off to Shawn Simpson. What a garbage human being.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t watch that much hockey other than the sens so I don’t know if this is just standard now, but I find the sens players look at their iPads and Dung way too much. Get rid of that Dung and just play.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The next 9 games are offering the biggest chance for the Sens to catch up. Teams overperforming, underperforming, teams trying to find an identity.
If they can’t squeeze 10-12 points out of the next 18. I think the climb might be too great to legitimately fight for a playoff spot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum