GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I wouldn’t say blow up but I don’t think this core has what it takes. I think Norris or Batherson has to go for sure. We don’t really have a superstar talent at forward who will propel us to a championship imo. I do really like pinto and Greig as cheap young options though. I think Giroux has been great but he has never won a thing in the nhl either so I don’t think we need to keep him by all means necessary

I think Timmy is a superstar that will be our first line C that will propel us. You guys are forgetting how young he is. In fact, you’re forgetting how young this entire team really is.
You guys were probably too young to have lived through this but Alfredsson would have been driven out of town at one point because he was said to not bring it in the playoffs. It took him a while to get there.
Don’t mistaken youth for incapability.
Most of these guys are way too young to be the drivers of this team.
I fully agree with the recent comments that Staios has said recently. This team needs some vets to drive this team forward and to curb the lack of consistency in play. I think they fully understand that their goaltending is a problem and that they need to adress the right hand side of the D. Those moves are coming.
We finally have an ownership that has the appetite to make necessary changes to build a contender.

I’m old enough to remember a sens team that were accused of the same things and that endured and grew into a contender.

Before you blow anything up, you make those moves and bring in a legitimate coaching option to push these guys forward.
Anything else is short sighted.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't know how you can watch this team play and not agree that massive changes are required. They're just awful and our prospect pool is bare

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Stutzle, Tkachuk, Greig, Pinto, Sanderson. That's your new core. Joseph and Giroux too. Otherwise everyone should be on the block.

I'm also in the camp of moving Chych. His play continues to get worse

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, they’re bad. Because nothing has been done. It’s not like they will magically improve with how they are. But it doesn’t mean they need to be torn apart.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I get by saying blow it up that I'm implying a tear down. It's not what I actually want. I do think a piece or two of the core needs to go: Batherson and Chabot/Chych, and we need a few dmen, vets and a brand new 4th line.

I keep saying Batherson because his team friendly contract will net us the best return. I'd fully expect a 1st and an A prospect, if not two or a roster player. LA is a team I'd be looking at: Kaliyev, Turcotte 1st and I'd be elated.

I'd expect something similar for Chychrun and Tarasenko though it's more likely to be a 1st and a B prospect or an A prospect and a 2nd. Tarasenko to FLA or Carolina makes the most sense to me. Give me Lundell and a 3rd for Tarasenko with the Sens retaining salary and taking on an expiring contract.

1st rd picks shouldn't be the priority as we already have two next year, but if we can walk into draft weekend worh 3 or 4, or use them to acquire a good piece at the deadline it's something we should consider doing

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Peterka just scored his 20th goal of the year. Jarventie with 7 NHL games played

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I get by saying blow it up that I'm implying a tear down. It's not what I actually want. I do think a piece or two of the core needs to go: Batherson and Chabot/Chych, and we need a few dmen, vets and a brand new 4th line.

I keep saying Batherson because his team friendly contract will net us the best return. I'd fully expect a 1st and an A prospect, if not two or a roster player. LA is a team I'd be looking at: Kaliyev, Turcotte 1st and I'd be elated.

I'd expect something similar for Chychrun and Tarasenko though it's more likely to be a 1st and a B prospect or an A prospect and a 2nd. Tarasenko to FLA or Carolina makes the most sense to me. Give me Lundell and a 3rd for Tarasenko with the Sens retaining salary and taking on an expiring contract.

1st rd picks shouldn't be the priority as we already have two next year,  but if we can walk into draft weekend worh 3 or 4, or use them to acquire a good piece at the deadline it's something we should consider doing

I just don’t get wanting picks and prospects when we are trying to take the next step.
What we need are hockey trades. FA.

I believe that by the start of next summer, we’ll likely have traded either Chabot or Chychrun.
Both have their weakness and strength.

I don’t see why we would trade batherson tho with what he brings at that cap number allows us more flexibility.

We need to focus on fixing this goalie mess and adress the imbalance on D.
Bring in a strong coach to move this group forward.

Past that, we can adress the rest with minor trades or FA.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Peterka just scored his 20th goal of the year. Jarventie with 7 NHL games played

Since that move was made I think all of us were left scratching our heads.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I remember Dorion being interviewed on draft day and the TSN panelists were suggesting he'd take Peterka with their 3rd 1st. Dorion was smug, downplayed it and ended up taking Greig. After the Greig selection and with Peterka still on the board I didn't think the Sens could possibly pass on him - instead they took Jarventie

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jarventie will score 20 goals and will play C at time

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Jarventie will score 20 goals and will play C at time
If he makes the NHL…

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone think Lindy Ruff could be a good candidate for the sens?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Anyone think Lindy Ruff could be a good candidate for the sens?

No he stinks and is too old

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Jarventie will score 20 goals and will play C at time
If he makes the NHL…

He won't be a C in Ottawa unless its 3C on a team where Norris doesn't exist

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What about Samoskevich and 2nd for Tarasenko? Sounds like his family lives in Florida and he seems like the right type of prospect to go along with a 2nd. Maybe staios can squeeze a 1st since it'll be a late one anyway

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't know how you can watch this team play and not agree that massive changes are required. They're just awful and our prospect pool is bare

Don't forget that they are banged up and playing every other day for the last 4 weeks. And they've probably seen the writing on the wall and can't wait for a fresh start next season. Dorion really screwed them over by:
- keeping DJ way past his best-before date
- not properly addressing the goaltending
- not getting a top 4 RHD

I am not saying there aren't other issues - Norris can't stay healthy, there appeared some dissatisfaction when DJ was let go and perhaps some lof our top-six were slow to buy in (hopefully this won't be a problem going forward but it's something to watch).

But overall this team is much better than they've shown.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Yeah, they’re bad. Because nothing has been done. It’s not like they will magically improve with how they are. But it doesn’t mean they need to be torn apart.

Exactly. We've changed the coach and GM. No roster moves have been done except for limited call ups. I forgot to mention in an earlier post that Dorion also left no cap room for internal moves (discipline). He created a country club atmosphere by taking away one of the best tools the coach has

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What about Samoskevich and 2nd for Tarasenko? Sounds like his family lives in Florida and he seems like the right type of prospect to go along with a 2nd. Maybe staios can squeeze a 1st since it'll be a late one anyway

His family lives here. But lives in Florida in the offseason .

I don’t recall care what we get for him, we need tot ride him and get something back

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum