GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't know how you can watch this team play and not agree that massive changes are required. They're just awful and our prospect pool is bare

Don't forget that they are banged up and playing every other day for the last 4 weeks. And they've probably seen the writing on the wall and can't wait for a fresh start next season. Dorion really screwed them over by:
- keeping DJ way past his best-before date
- not properly addressing the goaltending
- not getting a top 4 RHD

I am not saying there aren't other issues - Norris can't stay healthy, there appeared some dissatisfaction when DJ was let go and perhaps some lof our top-six were slow to buy in (hopefully this won't be a problem going forward but it's something to watch).

But overall this team is much better than they've shown.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Yeah, they’re bad. Because nothing has been done. It’s not like they will magically improve with how they are. But it doesn’t mean they need to be torn apart.

Exactly. We've changed the coach and GM. No roster moves have been done except for limited call ups. I forgot to mention in an earlier post that Dorion also left no cap room for internal moves (discipline). He created a country club atmosphere by taking away one of the best tools the coach has

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What about Samoskevich and 2nd for Tarasenko? Sounds like his family lives in Florida and he seems like the right type of prospect to go along with a 2nd. Maybe staios can squeeze a 1st since it'll be a late one anyway

His family lives here. But lives in Florida in the offseason .

I don’t recall care what we get for him, we need tot ride him and get something back

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He holds the leverage. I'm more interested in a Chych trade

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mantha for a 2nd and a 4th.

I expect Tarasanko will fetch more than that.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Very underwhelming return

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Still free picks at the end of the day. Should have traded him weeks ago

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Urgh….

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t get how people are saying “they shouldn’t have signed him with a no trade clause”. Who cares? He probably wouldn’t have signed here without that, so what’s the difference? This isn’t some player we had long term, it was a one year player who we either kept because we were good, or got rid of because we weren’t. The alternative of getting these picks was getting nothing if we never signed him

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The alternative was 1 full year development for a prospect. Of course we didn't think we were going to suck.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They should have kept him and tried to re sign him. Maybe there's a handshake deal that he'll come back next year and they let him go to live with his family (who have been there all year) and win a cup

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

His family home is in Florida. He's not coming back.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:His family home is in Florida.  He's not coming back.

They have to sign him but yes I realize the cap is going up and the state tax definitely helps reduce his cap hit
Russians love Florida

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They should have kept him and tried to re sign him. Maybe there's a handshake deal that he'll come back next year and they let him go to live with his family (who have been there all year) and win a cup

Signing him would be a really bad move.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They should have kept him and tried to re sign him. Maybe there's a handshake deal that he'll come back next year and they let him go to live with his family (who have been there all year) and win a cup

Can't live in a perpetual rebuild. Plus we have a week prospect pool having wasted our last 3 1st rd picks

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Can't live in a perpetual rebuild. Plus we have a week prospect pool having wasted our last 3 1st rd picks

I agree, it would have been better to sign him.
But according to garrioch, he wasn’t gonna sign an extension. Although garrioch is a mouth piece and could just be softening the blow

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He likely only waived for Florida so they got what they could. Now on to Kubalik (6th rd pick), Kastelic (5th rd pick) and Chych (probably not)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think there could be some interest in Kastelic -- big/strong, good at face offs, cheaper than dirt. Could be useful as a "taxi squad" member for a team hoping to go deep.

I don't see how anyone would want Kubalik, even with salary retained. We only have one retention slot left and we should use it to get a better return for Chychrun.

In the off-season I'm hoping they will reveal that Korpisalo had some nagging injury the whole year and someone will take a chance on him in the summer with salary retained. If not, I think they have to waive him and buy him out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum