GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Thought about it but I suspect Calgary would want picks and prospects back in an effort to rebuild. Zadorov would be more likely imo. But we'd likely need to trade kubalik and JBD to get that done.

Pretty sure Weegar will be 37 when his contract is up. Too old for my liking

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Simmer podcast is just brutal. The guy can’t do this, I’m sorry. He is exhausting and clearly has ADD amongst other issues

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And Justin Murray is Cussing weird just like his dad

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Alfie to coach behind the bench for both Swedish games.

A little extra motivation on the player and a little PR I assume.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Alfie to coach behind the bench for both Swedish games.

A little extra motivation on the player and a little PR I assume.

Did he leave the bench in the 2nd? That was not good. Cheryl Pounder *pounding* on their lack of structure. Must have been fighting hard the urge to explicitly call out coaching.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Exciting game. Don’t really care they gave up the lead to be honest

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Exciting game. Don’t really care they gave up the lead to be honest

you don't care that they gave up 4 goals? in one period? after having taken a commanding 4-0 lead?

I mean, thank god they held on to score in OT but that's a complete breakdown.
I'll grant it that at least one of those goals was an unlucky bounce of JBD but that's just not acceptable from a team with playoff hopes.

I won't advance as to who is responsible fo this but it certainly doesn't look good on coaching.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Exciting game. Don’t really care they gave up the lead to be honest

you don't care that they gave up 4 goals? in one period? after having taken a commanding 4-0 lead?

I mean, thank god they held on to score in OT but that's a complete breakdown.
I'll grant it that at least one of those goals was an unlucky bounce of JBD but that's just not acceptable from a team with playoff hopes.

I won't advance as to who is responsible fo this but it certainly doesn't look good on coaching.

I care about getting two points and not really how it was done. We’ve had many games with great play and unlucky results. Unless you make personnel changes, this is what we will get no matter who is coaching IMO. Our top forwards are not defensive players

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Giving up the loser point to a team we're competing against for a playoff spot was not good.

Let's hope this was just jet-lag kicking in half way through the game (except it sure looks like they've had cases of this jet lag the last 5-6 years).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder if one of the reasons Alfie is there (on the ice at practice, now behind the bench) is to assess the coaching staff.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Giving up the loser point to a team we're competing against for a playoff spot was not good.

Let's hope this was just jet-lag kicking in half way through the game (except it sure looks like they've had cases of this jet lag the last 5-6 years).

It’s November. Talk of points lost or playoffs is silly

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I wonder if one of the reasons Alfie is there (on the ice at practice, now behind the bench) is to assess the coaching staff.

That’s an interesting hypothesis

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cool. Game is on TSN5.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Schedule makers must have been Leafs fans. They don't lose any home games, don't play any back2back games, and their opponent in both games are playing their second of b2b games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The floor of the Sens bench looks like metal. That can't be good for skates.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a great road trip and now can rest even more next week. Get Chabot and Greig back and this team will be good.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:What a great road trip and now can rest even more next week. Get Chabot and Greig back and this team will be good.

They will definitely have a different feeling coming back from these games. Maybe they can get on a role.

Good for Forsberg.
I’d roll with him on the next game see if that can translate.

That last game lacked atmosphere tho from the stands.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From the very little I saw from Alfredsson behind the bench, I’m not sure he’s head coaching material.
Seems to be a little reserved.
Might be a good strategist and be helpful in players develop tho.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum