GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Been giving the Sens trade deadline situation some thought. A few moves I would try to make:

1. Brannstrom + Detroit/Boston 1st for Laughton
2. JBD, Kubalik, 2nd for Tanev (extended)
3. Tarasenko, Kastelic, prospect (salary retained) for Edm 1st and Broberg

Move Chabot in offseason

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sens did not waive anyone so Forsberg remains out.

Off for 10 days, P1 D-man out, AHL goalie backing up. They better not draw any penalties.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Been giving the Sens trade deadline situation some thought. A few moves I would try to make:

Move Chabot in offseason

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Grieg-Laughton-Joseph
Crookshank-xxxx-Kelly

Sanderson-Tanev
Chychrun-Zub
Broberg-xxxx

I suspect a Chabot trade brings in a dman and forward prospect to round out the team. Calgary only have 3 dmen signed next year. I can see them being interested.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Sens did not waive anyone so Forsberg remains out.

Off for 10 days, P1 D-man out, AHL goalie backing up.  They better not draw any penalties.

Hey!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Some of the takes from Sens fans after the Rielly incident are just wild. You really think the Sens wouldn’t react in the same way if that happened to them? He should probably get a game or two suspension for actually connecting with the face but other than that it’s not something that’s unexpected. Greig isn’t an idiot.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Been giving the Sens trade deadline situation some thought. A few moves I would try to make:

Move Chabot in offseason

The deadline isn’t a good time to acquire Laughton. Wait till the draft when picks are worth more and that 1st will be more than enough.
If we can’t get Tanev for free in the off season , I wouldn’t do it now. Let him chase a cup. He’s not a guy that should cost us a lot at his age . That’s deadline prices for contenders.

I might be wrong but I think tarasanko can net us a 1st.

Chabot is definitely an offseason move. I really hope it’s what happens if we sign an extension for chycrun.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Some of the takes from Sens fans after the Rielly incident are just wild. You really think the Sens wouldn’t react in the same way if that happened to them? He should probably get a game or two suspension for actually connecting with the face but other than that it’s not something that’s unexpected. Greig isn’t an idiot.

I initially thought he would get 1 maybe 2 games. But he's being "offered" an in-person meeting tomorrow in NYC (Leafs play at home Tuesday night). So it looks like he's getting 5 or more (I still doubt he gets more than 5 but I was wrong about the 1-2).

While *a response* was certainly "appropriate" the level of response was not. If Greig had done that on the road it probably warranted something more than harsh words, but if this happened to the Sens in Toronto I think their "response" would have been to just get off the ice.

Now, do you think the league does anything to Keefe? First he sends out Reaves with 5 seconds to go (nothing happened but what the hell was the intent???!) Then when asked about what Rielly did he said it was "appropriate". For the latter, all he has to do is "elaborate" that he was talking about *A* response, not the actual stick to the face. It will be interesting. Keefe was on a national broadcast vigorously complaining about the minor drawn by Stutzle (he was moving his feet and a stick was thrust in-between -- not a dive). I was actually surprised the ref didn't give him a bench minor or at least a warning. It was not a good look. Don't think anything comes of it but maybe behind the scenes he gets a call.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Some of the takes from Sens fans after the Rielly incident are just wild. You really think the Sens wouldn’t react in the same way if that happened to them? He should probably get a game or two suspension for actually connecting with the face but other than that it’s not something that’s unexpected. Greig isn’t an idiot.

If it happened in TO I don't think the Sens or their fans would do/say much. I know I certainly wouldn't care.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's getting too much media attention. The Battle of Ontario has needed an injection of life for a decade now. This is it. Leafs likely to counter by letting Reaves run around like an idiot - bring it on

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Two things:

1. Kubalik had the least amount of 5 v 5 ice-time yesterday. It's clear he has no future in Ottawa and he's probably a worthless asset. Zub and Sandy should be back this week and the Sens need to ice a roster. Look for Kubalik to hit waivers by this time next week at the latest.

2. I'm slowly gravitating towards keeping Tarasenko if we can somehow get him to agree to a 2/3 year deal sub $5M aav. Do we have the cap space to keep him? Sandy's extension kicks in next year and we have to re-sign Pinto who is looking at at least $4M aav on a short-ish term deal. Kubalik and Brannstrom likely won't be back, we should probably buy-out Hamonic, and we'll have around $5.6M in dead cap space / buyout space left. Plus the cap is supposed to go up. Can we do it?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Two things:

1. Kubalik had the least amount of 5 v 5 ice-time yesterday. It's clear he has no future in Ottawa and he's probably a worthless asset. Zub and Sandy should be back this week and the Sens need to ice a roster. Look for Kubalik to hit waivers by this time next week at the latest.

2. I'm slowly gravitating towards keeping Tarasenko if we can somehow get him to agree to a 2/3 year deal sub $5M aav. Do we have the cap space to keep him? Sandy's extension kicks in next year and we have to re-sign Pinto who is looking at at least $4M aav on a short-ish term deal. Kubalik and Brannstrom likely won't be back, we should probably buy-out Hamonic, and we'll have around $5.6M in dead cap space / buyout space left. Plus the cap is supposed to go up. Can we do it?

It sounds like Tarasanko would like to be back. But I think management would like to move him.

David Pagnotta (who I don’t think is reliable but a couple of notches over Eklund) was on coming in hot saying the sens could have plans to resign him n the summer. It’s a nice thought. Not completely impossible if he’d like to keep his family stable.

He also said that there could be a trade discussed where chychrun is traded for weegar. I’d prefer that deal if it was chabot personally.

Anyways. I don’t put any weight in his “rumours”

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The Weegar contract is too long. The dollar value is fine for the next few years but he's going to be ancient making over 6M a season. He'll be 38 when it's done.

For Chabot.. sure I'd consider it but not for Chych who is younger and imo a better player

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The Weegar contract is too long. The dollar value is fine for the next few years but he's going to be ancient making over 6M a season. He'll be 38 when it's done.

For Chabot..  sure I'd consider it but not for Chych who is younger and imo a better player  

I agree with all of that.but I’m not management and can’t influence their choice.
I don’t think weegar finishes that contract anyways. Either LTIR or buyout.
But yeah, for chabot for sure.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If you can get Weegar and Chabot for a combined 12-14M that's a huge win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If you can get Weegar and Chabot for a combined 12-14M that's a huge win.

Don't you mean Weegar and Chychrun?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What's your take on Korpisalo? I know the team played like Dung but he can't seem to string together more than a couple good games in a row. Maybe they should have played him against Columbus and Forsberg against the Ducks? That's what everyone was expecting.

I really don't want to go into next season with this tandem. And for the life of me I can't figure out if it's better to keep one or the other. Unless something changes in the next 30+ games this is Staios' biggest decision. I would even continue with Martin as interim if it frees up more time to settle the goaltending situation.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If you can get Weegar and Chabot for a combined 12-14M that's a huge win.

Don't you mean Weegar and Chychrun?

Yes. Whoops

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:What's your take on Korpisalo?  I know the team played like Dung but he can't seem to string together more than a couple good games in a row.  Maybe they should have played him against Columbus and Forsberg against the Ducks?  That's what everyone was expecting.  

I really don't want to go into next season with this tandem.  And for the life of me I can't figure out if it's better to keep one or the other.  Unless something changes in the next 30+ games this is Staios' biggest decision.  I would even continue with Martin as interim if it frees up more time to settle the goaltending situation.

It's hard to say. On one hand Dorion gave a terrible contract to an unproven goalie who hasn't played more than 40 games a season. Our old management regime has not been able to evaluate our goalies well. On the flip side, every goalie that leaves Ottawa seems to have some relative success (save Matt Murray). So is our poor goaltending a goaltender issue or is it a result of poor defensive play in front of them?

I think the current regime is in place for one more year and they'll decide either to extend Forsberg and buyout Korpi, or let Forsberg walk. Sogaard seems to be ready-ish but I'd rather he come in when the defensive issues of this team are resolved. I don't think any goalie we have is capable of stealing us games on a regular basis let alone a handful a year.

Maybe there is a 'super' deal out there with Calgary involving Chabot, Markstrom, Weegar, Korpi and some picks/prospects/ Purely hypothetical here

To Ottawa: Markstrom, Weegar
To Calgary: Chabot, Korpisalo, JBD, Ostapchuk, 4th rd pick

Who says no?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum