GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 66]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

R.I.P. Bob Jones (Sens' former assistant coach) passed away from ALS.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ew Ian mendes hired by the sens as a VP. God…

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Ew Ian mendes hired by the sens as a VP. God…

Wow. That’s an interesting move if I’ve ever seen one. Not sure if he’s qualified or not but it’s surprising to say the least.

Personally I could have imagined him working in a PR capacity in an executive position.
Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of his duties revolve around the brand

Edit: I guess I was right. VP communications and Sylvain st-Laurent as director of communications.

I like this move.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I used to enjoy Ian's articles in Today's Parent. Lately I find he's gone down the Ron McLean route of being glib while serving up bad puns.

This move is odd. He's *literally* a card carrying member of the Montreal Canadians Fan Club (he keeps the card as a reminder of how he used to be a fan but now, as a reporter, he must remain objective, or something like that).

Given the unstable nature of a career in broadcast media I suppose this is a great move for him. Just not sure why the Sens went this way. Guess Hanna is not experienced enough yet?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t stand Ian. Panders way too much to the PC community. Actually wait this is good then since I don’t have to read his articles and tweets anymore

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hopefully this is the end of Garrioch. Guy was a plug. I've always like Mendes. I am not sure he's qualified for the job though. Sly St. Laurent was a really good add.

I do think the Sens are at least trying to invest in areas of weakness. Like someone suggested earlier, I hope Clare Hanna is up next

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Up next for what?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Comms job for the team

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Claire is good on camera. That's not a Sens team job unless she does the in-house promos, which would be a step down.

Ian may not have the experience for his role but he's got the education and experience. Claire is missing his experience. For now.

I used to be a fan of Ian. Not so much any more. He feels somehow less genuine than before.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Claire is good on camera. That's not a Sens team job unless she does the in-house promos, which would be a step down.

Ian may not have the experience for his role but he's got the education and experience. Claire is missing his experience. For now.

I used to be a fan of Ian. Not so much any more. He feels somehow less genuine than before.
Ya sorry. I meant I would want her in the front office for those reasons. She seems genuine and ambitious.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What would Claire do in the front office lol

This team has such lazy hires though my god . Bring back melnyk

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:What would Claire do in the front office lol

This team has such lazy hires though my god . Bring back melnyk

Something in marketing / comms

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nick Cousins eh? I have mixed feelings about this.
But it’s a very Ottawa move.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love that move, it’s so low cost and he brings what we need on the 4th line

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm impartial. If he stays within his grey zone and doesn't take too many penalties it's a good move. I do think we're over committing on pests between Perron, Greig and Cousins. I suspect he'll be our 13th forward many nights or may get waived to his hometown Belleville

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cousins eliminated the Leafs in the playoffs 2 years ago.

Better play with him than against him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm impartial. If he stays within his grey zone and doesn't take too many penalties it's a good move. I do think we're over committing on pests between Perron, Greig and Cousins. I suspect he'll be our 13th forward many nights or may get waived to his hometown Belleville

He’d get Picked up instantly

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If that were the case another team would have signed him a long time ago. Regardless we will have a nasty bottom six to play against. Amadio, Perron, Greig, Cousins, Gregor, xxxx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum