GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya. Not great. I think zub is grossly overrated. He has a role but should be on our bottom pairing. Him or Jensen. Neither are top pairing guys.

I'm expecting a pinto trade today. Or Joseph. But were handcuffed by both these contracts- moreso the pinto one imo. Trade him for a C prospect and be done with him already

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya. Not great. I think zub is grossly overrated. He has a role but should be on our bottom pairing. Him or Jensen. Neither are top pairing guys.

I'm expecting a pinto trade today. Or Joseph. But were handcuffed by both these contracts- moreso the pinto one imo. Trade him for a C prospect and be done with him already

Nah I think he will sign eventually.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Trade him for perfetti and a pick. I'd be happy

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not sure why people are saying the Perron deal isn’t good. He’s exactly the kind of veteran we need, and he’s probably overpaid by 500K or something but that’s not surprising that we had to do that.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I love the Perron deal. I do think we need at least two ore bottom six forwards and I'd like to improve our RHD but i doubt that happens at this point

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michael Amadio signed for 3 years. Not sure on AAV. Another cup winner who has had two good seasons with Vegas

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

2.6m aav. Yuck

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t mind it. Very fair for what he’s done last two seasons

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd like to see Pinto to Winnipeg. A few guys there I like and they got decimated today (Monahan, toffoli, Schmidt, brossoit). I like Heinola, Perfetti, McGroarty, Ehlers. Send in pinto and Joseph/jbd for a good package back

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Panthers are losing a lot of players. Don’t see them close to repeating

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm not sure toronto is any better. Boston improved a bit, Tampa is different, Florida is worse, buffalo didn't move the needle, montreal has done nothing. Ottawa improved the most imo but I'm not sure it's enough to make the playoffs

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not sure toronto is any better. Boston improved a bit, Tampa is different,  Florida is worse, buffalo didn't move the needle, montreal has done nothing. Ottawa improved the most imo but I'm not sure it's enough to make the playoffs

Boston's bottom six and 3rd pairing aren't great and Marchand is 36. 2.54 g/g in the regular season and that dropped to 2.18 in the playoffs. They need scoring and with Swayman's contract using up more of their cap space they won't have much room to add scoring if they want to leave anything for the deadline. Toronto improved their blue line but could have a big problem in goal if Woll isn't ready to take over. That said, neither of these teams should be in danger of missing the playoffs.

Losing Stamkos and Sergachev will hurt although Guentzel should replace Stamkos' production. Their bottom six is worse than ours was last year and their D is not great after the top three. They need to replace Sergachev and upgrade their bottom six. Nearly $6M in cap space should be enough.

Florida should be fine. Buffalo has more than $19M in cap space so they may yet move the needle. Same with Detroit. I would say Montreal is the only team I would be comfortable saying will miss the playoffs. Once again the Sens will be battling it out with Buffalo and New Jersey for a wildcard spot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Most of these teams are one injury away from missing the playoffs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I still think the Sens have some tinkering to do. One more button six signing and a trade imo.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Trade him for perfetti and a pick. I'd be happy

Why on earth would we trade Pinto?

This is just negotiations.

I don’t blame the agent for trying to get the best deal for his client. When it’s all said and done, the sens hold all the cards and pinto will sign a Bridge deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I liked what the sens did. I think everyone is a bit disappointed in the return for Chychrun mostly because we thought the return should have been someone like Jensen and a 1st or 2nd but it is what it is. We got our top 4 RHD that can stabilize a pairing.
I agree that we could probably still need another top 4 RHD, but maybe that’s a work in progress in acquiring during the year.

Love the Perron deal. He brings what we need and will make other teams be weary of more than Brady Tkachuk (which could help us with him take less penalties)

The sens aren’t done and I’m sure there’s a trade coming to make room for players

I’m not super excited with how much Amadio is making but if anything happens with Pinto, he’s our insurance chip with Grieg.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I still think Pinto should be traded. If he and his agent are this much of a problem after one hold-out and a 41 game suspension already, I don't see any way he'll re-sign after a bridge deal long-term. 

Winnipeg needs help at C, has the cap space, and has the assets needed to get a deal done. Give me Perfetti and McGroarty

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Adam Gaudette signed to a one year two-way deal. I wouldn’t be shocked if he made the team on the 4th line. Played under Green a couple seasons, led the AHL in goals last year and had over 70 points.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum