GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Karlsson close to signing as per the Sun (UPDATE: DONE DEAL!!)

+13
Phoenix30
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
strachattack
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cronie
PKC
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

I would Hossa back, but I doubt it. I'm not sure I'd want Havlat

Im warming up to the Tanguay idea.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:You think either one of Havlat or Hossa comes back for a really nice discount?

Why would they want to play in Ottawa--and for a discount--when they are on winning teams right now?

davetherave wrote:
Dash wrote:You think either one of Havlat or Hossa comes back for a really nice discount?

Why would they want to play in Ottawa--and for a discount--when they are on winning teams right now?
Because they like the city? They enjoyed their time there? They have friends on the team? They feel they could fit in the system? Wink

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

The weather, and a thriving, vibrant city.

much safer than Chicago or Detroit Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Add to the list...

Havlat, Hossa, Gaborik, Tanguay, Sullivan, Gionta, Knuble, Tkachuk, D. Sedin,

We're shooting too high here. We can't afford any of these. Maybe Knuble, but he's apparently renegotiating to stay in Philly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tanguay would be awesome, but how much money will he be looking for? 5?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Why is everybody getting all wound up about a high priced UFA when Ottawa has almost no cap space?

Besides, it's been proven the way to go is 'grow your own stars'...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Why is everybody getting all wound up about a high priced UFA when Ottawa has almost no cap space?

Besides, it's been proven the way to go is 'grow your own stars'...

Yeah, we're looking at the wrong tier here. Murray said today that he's looking for a winger. There are several 'sources' that are saying he has three guys in mind. No one knows which guys these are, but it's almost assuredly not a high priced player.

Also means that he might not think too much of Zubov? Shrug

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think we will see asking prices go down. We all know that the cap could take a huge hit, and the truth is, as it has been, teams might be able to afford to pay a good player a lot of money, but chances are the team as a whole won't be great.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At some point tonight, I'm gonna look through the UFA wingers and see what's cookin' in the 3 million dollar a year ranger. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum