GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Karlsson close to signing as per the Sun (UPDATE: DONE DEAL!!)

+13
Phoenix30
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
strachattack
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cronie
PKC
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exciting times. I know Murray isn't placing high expectations on him and Clouston likely won't either so he's got that at least.

It would be nice to see him have a fantastic rookie campaign much the same way Meszaros did in his first year with the club.

Basically, what ever Lee is making, replace that with Karlsson.

Cant wait to see Karlsson in the lineup next year, and this should spell the end for Lee in Ottawa. He doesnt fit in anywhere at this point.

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone else get the feeling Lee may be moved either at the draft or d-day? Although I suppose he could just be sent back to Bingo, or would Murray send Picard down before Lee?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:so this will obviously be an entry level deal, I wonder how many non cap crunching incentives he will get.

Diddle, as many as he can reach.

Picard has a 1 way deal I believe. Lee wont be on the team next year, thats basically a garentee with a 2 way contract.

Kuba, Phillips, A Train, Campoli, Picard, Karlsson, Smith, Bell, and then Lee. I dont think there is a shot in hell for him in Ottawa next year, especially with Murray trying to go out and get another D man.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Brian Lee is almost officially done as a Senator. No longer need a right handed shot with no shot.
oddly enough, I have no problem with this, especially seeing as BM will either get another D-Man via UFA or Draft.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Anyone else get the feeling Lee may be moved either at the draft or d-day? Although I suppose he could just be sent back to Bingo, or would Murray send Picard down before Lee?

I know we all dislike Lee, but he made strides towards improving towards the end of last year. I would see what a year in Bingo can do. He still has a lot to learn.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
Cronie wrote:Anyone else get the feeling Lee may be moved either at the draft or d-day? Although I suppose he could just be sent back to Bingo, or would Murray send Picard down before Lee?

I know we all dislike Lee, but he made strides towards improving towards the end of last year. I would see what a year in Bingo can do. He still has a lot to learn.

I think we need to jettison some NHL contracts before anything else. There's no hurry to get rid of Lee, besides I'm sure Binghamtom could use the extra body.

Yup, I dont think having Lee down in Bingo is a problem at all. Two way contract, he's off the cap. IMO out of sight, out of mind.

There is no rush to get rid of the guy so let him help with a Bingo team that could use some depth.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

But does Murray and Clouston feel the same way?

As it stands we have:

1.Kuba
2.Phillips
3.Volchenkov
4.Campoli
5.Picard
6.Jason Smith
7.Karlsson
8.Brian Lee

Holy Dung. What's gonna happen?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:But does Murray and Clouston feel the same way?

As it stands we have:

1.Kuba
2.Phillips
3.Volchenkov
4.Campoli
5.Picard
6.Jason Smith
7.Karlsson
8.Brian Lee

9. Schubert

A better 6th defenseman than at least 2 of the other 8.

504Heater wrote:But does Murray and Clouston feel the same way?

As it stands we have:

1.Kuba
2.Phillips
3.Volchenkov
4.Campoli
5.Picard
6.Jason Smith
7.Karlsson
8.Brian Lee

Bell is an RFA too and ahead of Lee on that depth list IMO. Bells showed he can produce in the right situation. Carrying him as the 7th D man might very well be an option.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

What's the status of Jason Smith? I thought there were rumours of him retiring ?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

1 month in Bingo could do it, maybe a little more. If we could have him up by Christmas, that should be pretty good.

Karlsson or Lee? Karlsson wont be starting the year in Bingo. Its the NHL or nothing. He will make more in Sweden then he would in Bingo.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

that's a lot of D-men, some of them borderline 5/6th d-men, any way to package them up to get a bonafide # 1 or 2 d-man?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:What's the status of Jason Smith? I thought there were rumours of him retiring ?

It was mentioned the day after his injury that it was potentially career-ending. Not a peep has been heard since.

I dont think any team will be trading away a number 1 or 2 D man anytime soon. Maybe you can move Lee to move up in the draft or pick up an extra 2nd rounder, something like that. Otherwise he will be in Bingo all of next year if Karlsson makes the team (which he will).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum