GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: DONE DEAL Working on a serious rumour: Auld to Dallas

+20
Cronie
Tuk Tuk
Acrobat
Urkie
jamvan
dennycrane
Phoenix30
Flo The Action
wprager
TheAvatar
PKC
Mojo
beerandsens
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
rooneypoo
Jordo
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
PTFlea
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For a 6th round pick.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll get you guys details soon.

I am not as crazy as I thought then, it just makes sense right?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:

Makes sense, yeah. It's unfortunate because right now, no one knows how close this is to happening. There's a thread on HF about it now, but the guy doesn't list his source (I got a PM from a couple of guys there that throw me a bone once in a while).

The guy on HF says it's a 6th round pick. I have zero idea on the return, but that unfortunately sounds right.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Makes sense, yeah. It's unfortunate because right now, no one knows how close this is to happening. There's a thread on HF about it now, but the guy doesn't list his source (I got a PM from a couple of guys there that throw me a bone once in a while).

The guy on HF says it's a 6th round pick. I have zero idea on the return, but that unfortunately sounds right.

to aid with our cap situation, a draft pick is definitley the likely return, would like higher than a 6th, but that would be overvaluing Auld and Dallas knows they are doing us a favour in terms of cap.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That makes me sad. Auld's worth more than a 6th if that's true. Such a solid goalie, such a great teammate. Oh well...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hmm. Dallas has no backup goalie and they're willing to part with a 6th rounder for Auld? They must be desperate. I hope Murray can execute this fleecing.

Laughing3

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

It makes a lot of sense- but I think Auld/Elliott will be used to sweeten the Heatley pot- if teams that are being considered are in need of a backup-

Just thinking aloud here- do you thnik Dallas would have any interest in Heatley? They certainly have the cap space to obtain him. They don't however have much to give up... Can't see them parting with Morrow....who is really hte only attractive piece for me. Maybe James Neal, Krys Barch, some of their prospects. I don't think Glennie is going anywhere so fast.. but?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

As I've been saying, Auld is a tradeable commodity, and DAL is certainly a destination that makes sense. Others are SJ and TB.

That said, there are certainly other backup goalies available on the FA market right now who would probably sign for about the same amount of money as Auld is making now (Gerber? Kolzig? Niittymaki? Legacy? Brent Johnson?), so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get much for him.

At this point, tho', clearing Auld's salary from the books, and his spot for Elliott, are more important than the return.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:As I've been saying, Auld is a tradeable commodity, and DAL is certainly a destination that makes sense. Others are SJ and TB.

That said, there are certainly other backup goalies available on the FA market right now who would probably sign for about the same amount of money as Auld is making now (Gerber? Kolzig? Niittymaki? Legacy? Brent Johnson?), so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get much for him.

At this point, tho', clearing Auld's salary from the books, and his spot for Elliott, are more important than the return.

agreed fully, that shows Elliott that we are more than serious about him to be the backup right now and possible able to take the reins in case of any injury to Leclaire or the time when his contract is up.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

agreed fully, that shows Elliott that we are more than serious about him to be the backup right now and possible able to take the reins in case of any injury to Leclaire or the time when his contract is up.

I'm guessing an announcement regarding Elliott re-signing will follow closely on the heels of any movement regarding Auld.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I'm guessing an announcement regarding Elliott re-signing will follow closely on the heels of any movement regarding Auld.

in Ekuian fashion, SpezzD will keep us posted with quick hits during the day.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Quite true, I was thinking of that as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:in Ekuian fashion, SpezzD will keep us posted with quick hits during the day.

:^^^^: That's all I got for now. I'll wait for the real rumour guys like SensChirp to sniff out any further details.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:That makes me sad. Auld's worth more than a 6th if that's true. Such a solid goalie, such a great teammate. Oh well...

You're happy if a 6th rounder becomes an AHL goalie.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
You're happy if a 6th rounder becomes an AHL goalie.

Yeah, not sure why we'd want to trade Auld for such a low pick, but I assume teams aren't exactly beating the door down for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum