GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

No deal just for deal's sake

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No deal just for deal's sake Empty No deal just for deal's sake Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.sportsnet.ca//thewire/hockey/2008/12/01/no_deal_just_for_deal/

- Ottawa has apparently inquired into FLA D Cory Murphy as well as LA D Tom PReissing
- Martin is looking to drive up the price for Bouwmeester by creating a bidding way, with Montreal and TO in the mix
- Murray has not been impressed with the offers he hasg otten
- Vermette's stock is falling because he only has 2 goals this season, zero in the past 11 games

2No deal just for deal's sake Empty Re: No deal just for deal's sake Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The original article:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/deal+just+deal+sake/1015704/story.html

That's where he talks about Karlsson and Wiercioch also.

3No deal just for deal's sake Empty Re: No deal just for deal's sake Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wiercioch sounds a lot like Jay Bouwmeester v.2, similar size, similar offensive prowess. The main point to note is we MIGHT be set at this position in the FUTURE. So what to do in the meantime? Go out and acquire a short-term solution (Cory Murphy, Tom Preissing) or invest in the long term by trading for and extending a Jay Bouwmeester to help out now and in the long run with the young guys? Or do you continue to tank and blow it up next season and draft high?

Honestly, not like we are purposely trying to lose, but it is just happening that way. If it continues we will wind up with a very good draft pick. And if it were me, I'd rather finish bottom 5 than make the playoffs and lose.

4No deal just for deal's sake Empty Re: No deal just for deal's sake Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:25 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

When was the last time this team even had a lottery pick?

5No deal just for deal's sake Empty Re: No deal just for deal's sake Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:29 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I dont know about that but the best one in recent years was 2005 N9, and we screwed up big time...

6No deal just for deal's sake Empty Re: No deal just for deal's sake Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:16 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

We only got that pick because we got lucky in the post lockout lottery.. I don't have the facts, but considering we've been in the playoffs for what, 11 years in a row?? We've never had this kind of position in a while

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum