GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why not a three way deal?

+4
SensFan71
PTFlea
Tuk Tuk
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why not a three way deal? Empty Why not a three way deal? Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

San Jose is in cap trouble with less than a million to spend and short 5 players. Ottawa is over the cap, and edmonton has yet to get the scorer they need. So how about.....

To edmonton

Heatley
Cheechoo

To San Jose

Kelly
Picard
Winchester
Nilsson
MPS

To Ottawa

Cogliano
Penner
Erhoff
Edmontons first round pick in 2010.

It solves everyones problems and works cap wise. Is it fair? I don't know but it works and I think makes us a better team

2Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:36 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

San Jose gives up Ernhoff and Cheechoo, but gets Kelly, Picard, Winchester, Nilsson, and MPS?

3Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:42 pm

I am not sure I like this at all...

we give up Heatley, Kelly, Picard and Winchester for basically the deal wherein we would have only given Heatley (Cogliano, Penner and Smid (+ after we paid the $4M).

No thanks

4Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No Winchester and it works.

Cogliano = Kelly on cheaper contract
Fat Penner
Ehrhoff is solid, top 4 D, but I'd rather have Vlasic if possible
The Edmonton 1st round pick is huge value. Especially after this deal where they potentially slide a bit talent wise. Could be talking about a lottery pick there.

5Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

San Jose does this in a heartbeat.

6Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:44 pm

Unless we are just trying to unload Kelly and Picard, then no way... and why Winchester?...

Me no likey....

7Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:36 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

tweak this deal a bit and you got yourselves something, doubt it happens though, Heatley's interest right now is below 0, even Edmonton is having 2nd thoughts over this guy.

8Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Heatley will not go to Edmonton. The "tweaking" would require Heatley to go to San Jose, which means that the Sharks have to also shed Marleau.

I've been saying three-way for quite a while now, but it's really hard making it work with these three teams. It's almost like San Jose has to make a trade first to clear cap space (and probably not with Edmonton).

9Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:34 pm

wprager wrote:Heatley will not go to Edmonton. The "tweaking" would require Heatley to go to San Jose, which means that the Sharks have to also shed Marleau.

I've been saying three-way for quite a while now, but it's really hard making it work with these three teams. It's almost like San Jose has to make a trade first to clear cap space (and probably not with Edmonton).

I so don't want Marleau it's not even funny. I know what he's capable of when he is on. However, I know what he's capable of when he isn't. If the Sharks want Heatley that badly they should find a way to pony up one of Clowe/Pavelski/Michalek AND one of Vlasic/Erhoff, plus a prospect like Sexsmith or Couture. Need a little something in addition to Heatley to make that happen? Take any or all of Smith, Schubert, or Picard. Doing a deal directly with Ottawa also prevents the Sharks from taking less value for another guy just to clear space for Heatley.

I realize that Clowe just resigned, but getting a 50 goal guy doesn't happen everyday.According to capgeek, as it stands right now, we could trade Heatley and Schubert to SJ for Clowe, Vlasic (or Erhoff, the hit is the same) and Lukowich and we'd both still be under the cap. Wilson in SJ promised some wholesale changes. Let's make this happen!

On a different note, could we not spare a million dollars for Blair Betts? He would make it alot easier to move Kelly, and is a top notch penalty killer. We'd save a million or more on the cap that way too.

10Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've said before I wants picks and prospects. Marleau would have to go to Edmonton in that three-way.

We already have a first line center. He's-a-very nice! (Have to be a Python buff to get that)

11Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:57 pm

wprager wrote:I've said before I wants picks and prospects. Marleau would have to go to Edmonton in that three-way.

We already have a first line center. He's-a-very nice! (Have to be a Python buff to get that)

I do too. But with Heatley having a NMC clause that's almost out of the question. Any team that could offer a decent package of picks and prospects would also have to have a ton of cap space AND be on Heatley's list. That's why LA was so damn attractive.

If Phoenix situation resolves itself quickly, I wonder if the new ownership group would make a splash by bringing him in. They have the most to offer of any team in the league as far as prospects and such imo.

Heatley for Boedker, Yandle and Ross in my dreams.

12Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Heatley wants to be on a competitive team, though, Phoenix is not on his list. NYR would have been perfect. High life, low expectations.

13Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:If Heatley wants to be on a competitive team, though, Phoenix is not on his list. NYR would have been perfect. High life, low expectations.
At this point, I'm lost on what Heatley really wants other than "being somewhere else".

Tantrum

14Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He clearly wants out of Ottawa. Does he want to be out of Canada (or out of hockey-crazy markets)? Wouldn't that be something, given how proud he is to wear the maple leaf in May.

15Why not a three way deal? Empty Re: Why not a three way deal? Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:He clearly wants out of Ottawa. Does he want to be out of Canada (or out of hockey-crazy markets)? Wouldn't that be something, given how proud he is to wear the maple leaf in May.
Will we ever really know? I doubt it...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum