GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 way deal for Bouwmeester?

+11
Phoenix30
Nasty Nas
wprager
TheAvatar
PTFlea
asq2
strachattack
Cronie
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

13 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Although it's posted on Eklund's site- this is coming from Pierre Lebrun-

a 3 way deal that would send Gomez to Florida, Spezza to NYC, and Bouwmeester here?

Very interesting- I'd be all over it, it appears to work for all parties as well, depending on how FLA feels about Gomez..

23 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, yes and yes...

Iafrate was an Donkey.

33 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:10 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I would think NYR would give a little more. Im not sure but it seems more from NYR should be going FLA way!

43 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pierre LeBrun is reporting that!??!
I wonder how much legs it has?
First I've heard of it...

53 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:17 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

If you read Lebrun's article on ESPN he doesn't give it too much credibility. Both Murray and Martin were asked about the potential deal and they laughed it off as ridiculous. Of course, GM's will never reveal the truth but Lebrun presents the deal as "crazy". I wouldn't say it has any legs at all. He used it as an example to show how crazy it can get to determine a rumour credible or not around trade deadline day.

63 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:26 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

That is crazy.

The value is not at all equal.

Spezza's value >> Bouwmeester's value >>>>>>>>>> Gomez

Take Bouw out of the equation.

Gomez for Spezza?

Har har.

73 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:That is crazy.

Gomez for Spezza?

Har har.

What about a signed Bouwmeester? 7 X 7, swap of salaries of Spezza for Bouwmeester?

That said, this would hurt our draft pick and we would have to pray that Murray sweet talks MacDonald (I'm sorry, I can't think of anyone else) in the summer. And I hate relying on Murray (or any GM for that matter) to make a move when it's needed. It feels like it never works out.

83 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:14 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:That is crazy.

Gomez for Spezza?

Har har.

Sorry Man but I'm not following. Spezza's value is more than Bouwmeester and much bigger than Gomez but you'd take Gomez for Spezza?

93 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:15 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

No, I wouldn't.

The difference is stupendous. And yet, this rumour suggests they are of equal value.

103 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:28 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

To be honest, I don't think it's as spread out as most of you think.

While Gomez' contract is big, and somewhat long- even with his age- Florida sure could use a craft vet, with a cup ring, who still has some skill to mentor their young forwards (and they have several). It sucks giving up Bouwmeester, but they're going to have to do that anyway- Gomez could be a pretty strong fit in Florida.

Ottawa obviously needs Bo, I can't see any argument here against that.

As for NYC in Spezza, well they're notorious for making stupid deals, and they'd love to give up Gomez if it meant bringing in a younger Spezza.

It's funny you mention 'value' asq2, because I would put Gomez and Spezza on the same wavelength as far as value is concerned right now. In my mind, if J-Bo had a contract in place, he would be by a LONGSHOT the most valuable piece in this deal (even though it's just a rumour, and apparently a crazy one with no merit).

Spezza has ZERO value around the league... It's hard to admit, but it's true. It doesn't help that everyone knows we're shopping him, and aren't going to be very generous with their offers...
Watch this guy play- there's something horribly wrong with him and there has been since last season. He turns the puck over four times as much as he puts out a decent play. Can he still produce 100 poitns in a season? Will he ever reach his potential? It's yet to be seen.

I have a bad feeling that Spezza is our next Wade Redden. I think we need to dump this guy, and we need to dump him fast.

113 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Actually if you break down the deal Florida gives up Bouwmeester and gets back Gomez, so JBo for Gomez (no Morticia). JBo is unsigned so that definitely plays into it.

Similarly, the Rangers trade Gomez for Spezza. That's a good trade for them since Spezza has more marquee value. Nor arguing who the better player is. I could, I just won't.

Ottawa gets Bouwmeester for Spezza, which is a huge gamble without a contract agreed upon beforehand.

So, no way Florida does this deal unless they know they'll lose him for nothing. And no way Ottawa does this deal unless he's under contract.

This rumour must have started in New York.

123 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I disagree with Gomez having nearly the same trade value as Spezza. If Spezza had off-ice issues like drugs, I just don't see why Murray would give him a 7 year contract - and I further REALLY don't get why Bobby Orr would still bother representing him.

Spezza's having back issues - that much is plain to see, but his age and his point production thus far are major players here. Gomez is good, but Spezza is a full notch above him. Gomez is overpaid by 2 million, Spezza should be just about right (although around here you'd think he was worth league minimum).

If NY pulled this deal off, I think they would be the major winners. And if Ottawa got Bow signed, they would have to be considered a better team. Florida loses, but at least they didn't lose (him) for nothing.

That's my opinion.

133 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:45 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

This doesn't make any sense unless Bou gets under contract. If
Bou signs an extension then maybe this trade proposal would have
credibility.

143 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:14 pm

New York has to give up more here. Florida as well maybe

maybe-

To NY-
J. Spezza
A. Vermette
D. Booth

To Florida-
S. Gomez
L. Korpikoski (NYR)
D. Byers (NYR)
NYR 2nd

To Ottawa-
J. Bouwmeester
A. Anisimov (NYR)
K. McArdle (FLO)

*This is assuming J. Bouw is signed.

153 way deal for Bouwmeester? Empty Re: 3 way deal for Bouwmeester? Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:45 pm

504Heater wrote:I disagree with Gomez having nearly the same trade value as Spezza. If Spezza had off-ice issues like drugs, I just don't see why Murray would give him a 7 year contract - and I further REALLY don't get why Bobby Orr would still bother representing him.

Spezza's having back issues - that much is plain to see, but his age and his point production thus far are major players here. Gomez is good, but Spezza is a full notch above him. Gomez is overpaid by 2 million, Spezza should be just about right (although around here you'd think he was worth league minimum).

If NY pulled this deal off, I think they would be the major winners. And if Ottawa got Bow signed, they would have to be considered a better team. Florida loses, but at least they didn't lose (him) for nothing.

That's my opinion.

Bobby Orr was Eager's agent too... he picks up a lot of guys from Ontario, there is nothing to it, but that.

As far as Gomez and Spezza being of the same value, I 100% agree with that. People who put Spezza on this platform that he is the next coming of Yzerman or Sakic, he isnt. Right now, Spezza is worth just about the same as Gomez. Time to take those homer glasses off because thats all it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum