GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR???

+14
The Silfer Server
Acrobat
beerandsens
LethalLehner
Vandelay
Riprock
TheAvatar
shabbs
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
PTFlea
wprager
smash88
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

WILL JAY BOUWMESSTER EVER BE A SENATOR??

WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? Vote_lcap244%WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? Vote_rcap2 44% [ 12 ]
WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? Vote_lcap256%WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? Vote_rcap2 56% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

We've heard the rumours for way too long... Will it ever actually happen??

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

oops spelled Bouwmeester wrong up there.. oh well..

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was 2 minutes late with my poll (getting too fancy with three options).

I could very well be wrong, and in some ways I hope I am, but I don't think Bouwmeester is coming to Ottawa. Not soon and probably not ever. I think he ends up on one of the California teams or Dallas.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, there's three votes and only two posters. Someone voted anonymously, dammit!

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:OK, there's three votes and only two posters. Someone voted anonymously, dammit!

LOL...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

there were 2 polls, I just put them into one...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good chance IMO. If not by the deadline, then in the summer.

504Heater wrote:Good chance IMO. If not by the deadline, then in the summer.

I'm saying no..only because of the salary. Murray will not trade for a rental, and Bouw is going to command 7 million + a year so that means one of the top 4 has to go.

Don't see Spezza going in a deal for him unless Horton, Frolik and Bouw come back.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know if he's going to be able to get 7+ million a year. I mean, sure there will be some retarded Donkey team that will offer him 10 million a year for 20 years or something stupid like that, but that doesn't imply that he's worth it. In my opinion, Bouwmeester is a 5.5 million dollar defenseman. Then again, there probably isn't a chance he signs for that amount.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

One of the most money-hungry NHLers in recent history, No-Trade Redden, settled for 6.5 million, so I doubt Bouwmeester is looking for 7.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

10 bucks Bryan Murray can bring Jbo without dealing neither vermette, kelly, fisher nor the pizza line.

Not a lot of 24 year old D man with his skills and abilities that have 7 years of NHL expierence. If you can sign him long term for a bit under 7, you do it. He is almost as complete as you can get for a D man. Even a 10 year deal he is only 34, 35 when its over. How much pressure would this guy take off the kids coming up too? If your looking for an investment in the oganization as a whole, there is a better player to build around.

Picard, J Bo, A train with Karlsson and Wierchioch (sp) coming down the pipe line. Imagine what those kids can learn and the limited pressure on them when they come into the league. Phillips may still be here on top of all that.

All that being said, there is no way the cap is above 50 million in 2 or 3 years, so better start planning for that as well. Teams losing 35 million a year is not a good situation, haha. Trouble is ahead for this joke of a league.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Meh. I said no. I don't think Murray is going to make this trade with him as a UFA next season. I think someone else will pony up more than they should to get him.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:10 bucks Bryan Murray can bring Jbo without dealing neither vermette, kelly, fisher nor the pizza line.

I'll take that bet

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I think Bouwmeester makes this team a playoff team. Playing with the big line in a defensively responsible system where the team could start winning again might be enough for him to make up his mind on staying on Jan 2. I just think he's tired of losing. I would be too. Diddle it, I hate losing at rock, paper, scissors...the Lord knows how I would handle losing season after season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum